Search results

1. A

Advice needed - turntable dustcover reproduction

I could’ve sworn I’ve seen some where I could reinstall the oem hinge plates
  2. A

Advice needed - turntable dustcover reproduction

working on a customized denon 2550 project and dustcover might not accommodate modern tonearm (I still have to do final fittings so I’m just thinking worst case). If I have to go custom route can anyone recommend someone who can make a higher version of the stock dustcover so I can use my...
  3. A

Advice needed - adding a second turntable to my system

I’m looking for some advice as I’m adding a second turntable to my system and looking for wiring options. My current analog setup is a Denon DP-47f/ADC XLM > Nova II phono > Wells audio majestic integrated. The new (critical listening) deck is a custom plinth/DP2000 drive with a zavfino tonearm...
  4. A

Pioneer PA-1000 repair help needed

One of the pins on my DIN plug pins cracked off during a move recently and when I attempted to replace the DIN plug but when I removed the screw there's not enough play in the tonearm wires to remove the DIN for replacement. As I see it there are 3 options: 1 - remove the tonearm stand pipe...
  5. A

Tonearm repair support and/or advice needed

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'll build a quick form to allow me to remove the tonearm from the plinth and secure it at a 90 degree angle to make working easier and to reduce as much accidental strain on the wires themselves. And thanks for the offer for the assistance
  6. A

Tonearm repair support and/or advice needed

I recently acquired a Pioneer PA1000 tonearm but one of the DIN prongs has been broken and needs to be repaired (DIN socket replaced I believe). While I'm mechanically inclined from what I understand this is very delicate work so I'm first looking to see if there is anyone who can point me to...
  7. A

DIY Turntable shelf/stand question

Over the holidays I found another turntable (Denon DP-2550) which I'd like to add to our primary listening system which currently also has a Mitsu LT-22 which we both love for the automatic features (casual listening while cooking, reading etc.) and are currently out of accessible shelf space to...
  8. A

Denon DP-2000/2550 tonearm question

I plan on giving the DP-50 a shot first and will use the 2550 modular plinth as template (my father in law is a carpenter by hobby and is excited to take on the project) for future tonearm swap but was curious to see what options are out there. I'd actually build a deck for 2-3 tonearms (like...
  9. A

Denon DP-2000/2550 tonearm question

Yesterday I stumbled across a DP-2550 in very nice condition with a Denon DP-50 arm installed (same arm as the DP-2500) at a thrift store so of course I snagged it. Long term, the DP-2000 platter will be moved to a custom plinth that I will be building with my father in law (acrylic/wood...
  10. A

SABA PSP-350?

Have an opportunity to snag a beautifully maintained SABA PSP-350. Anyone have any experience with this deck? How does it compare with other similar era JVC decks like the QL-7? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  11. A

Retipping an AT33E MC

Was recently given an AT33E MC cartridge which needs to be re-tipped and wanted to reach out to members here for any advice for cantilever/stylus options which have worked for folks in the past. Once the work is complete it'll be primarily used with my LT-30 turntable. Thanks in advance for...
  12. A

What cartridge are you currently using on main deck

Grado Gold on my Mitsu LT-22 (soon to be LT-30) right now
  13. A

Brooklyn DAC+ as Phono Stage

Just curious if anyone in here has used a this DAC as their phono stage as well and what their impressions were from this application.
  14. A

Any cartridge recommendations for a Mitsu LT-30

Thanks for the recs ... The Bronze and the AT33 are already on my shortlist
  15. A

Thanks for the heads up, I'll add it to the work list
  16. A

Mistsubishi LT-30 Arm Movement

If you lift the headshell can you hear the queueing motor running? If so, its the belt in the tonearm which needs to be cleaned and replaced (as the old belts break down to goo) I have the same issue with a project LT-30 I just got (and have a LT-22 in my current setup)
  17. A

I recently picked up a Mitsubishi LT-30 which needs a little bit of work (my current setup includes a LT-22 and I was excited to find a linear tracking upgrade). Looking for any recommendations for past or current owners for what cartridges you've enjoyed on this table. Currently I have a Grado...
Back
Top Bottom