Search results

1. C

Bringing my HPM-100 veneer back to life

I always use fine steel wool the first time I hit the cabinets, typically takes the bulk of the grimy finish off. I have noticed that after a day drying it helps to run a clean piece of steel wool on all surfaces before you Feed-N-Wax. Then wipe down with a clean rag. That way you start out with...
  2. C

Pioneer SX-636 vs. Harman Kardon 330B

I believe the OP’s location in Turkey severely limits his choices. I also have heard good things about the Elac Debut series speakers, not overly expensive, and great sounding as well!
  3. C

you can find the recap kit on ebay from Affinity for Artifacts which is an AK member Peace.love. and something.... everything you need, and includes well thought out instructions. I have purchased other kits from him as well, all with stellar results.
  4. C

I just recently recapped a 330b, to use as my 2nd or 3rd system, pending placement. Why not go with the 330b and use the savings to buy a level up in speaker selection? You won't hear a difference of minimal power differences with entry level speakers, so why buy 5 more watts and limit the end...
  5. C

Sriracha shortage

Finally, I found the Huy Fong at Target, and its as enjoyable as ever. Not too hot, but better than what I have been using to get by!
  6. C

4 Top Cover Small Screws for 22xx Receivers

You can find screws at Lowe’s or Home Depot in the hardware section where they have those drawer setups. Most Hardware stores will have the same setup
  7. C

Need some aid with a NAD 7400 and power switch info added!

I wanted to add some power switch info, so I also edited the title. Searching thru the AK threads I found an answer to my power on issue. I removed the power switch and did different tests doing different variations on the power button hook up. My main issue was the DBT. The switch for a 7400...
  8. C

Philips 212 tonearm adjustment

I assume your 212 does not shut off at the end of record? before you do any adjustments, the 212 shuts of at the end when the light beam is interrupted as the arm moves to the end. Make sure the bulb for the end of record is working before you do anything else.
  9. C

Sriracha shortage

If you have that, maybe they’re finally back up and running so we here on the East Coast can enjoy!! I check the stores here and so far no original Huy FOng stuff. I’m jealous!
  10. C

Elac 50H Miracord

When we sold them we sold Shure or Grado with them. I don't think we ever sold the Elac cartridges.
  11. C

Anyone doing a garden?

One of my raised beds is set up for Square Foot gardening, and currently is under a hoop rack with a frost blanket cover, still pulling lettuce and mustard all thru the winter. One note on SFG, and I also have the book, is it may seem counter productive to only plant in one square only a...
  12. C

Sriracha shortage

@eiraved I kept a jar of that and the squirt bottle so either a spoonful or a quirt or two always hit the spot! What luck to find it ona clearance rack, I hope he bought every bottle there!
  13. C

Elac 50H Miracord

Well, I don’t remember pricing from that far back, but the bonus of the ‘salesmen’s incentive program’ means anything I bought direct from the mfg was 50% off list! That applied to almost every brand we carried. I started out with a 2270 and L100 spks, and added from there when I saved up some...
  14. C

Anyone doing a garden?

Small fan to the left of the peppers. Will put the small oscillator on the tomatoes tomorrow
  15. C

Sriracha shortage

I will check into amazon, because every type I bought to get by just isn’t right. I think I read somewhere that the available maker now is Something Ranch? Supposedly the original supplier to Sriracha?
  16. C

Anyone doing a garden?

I held off starting plants too early this year. Last year I had tomatoes and peppers pushing 14”-18” high and it was too cold to put them out. I waited 2-3 weeks later on starts this year and everything is doing just great. And to top it off, the weather is so absurd that and mild my frost date...
  17. C

Elac 50H Miracord

I also have a couple Miracords. 50H and 770H in the stable. They are build quality tables. twice I have rebuilt the end contact portion, it does take some patience and finesse. For my 50H I had to buy a damaged tonearm to get the contact piece, which I trimmed and adjusted until final glue-up...
  18. C

OK, someone hopefully can clarify this switch issue. As I stated above I believe the receiver has to be plugged in so the remote circuitry and/or power circuitry will charge? and be ready to turn on. So I plugged into wall power, no dbt, with the switch wires jumpered, and nothing. So I...
  19. C

Not resolved yet, the power button isn’t working correctly. I have removed it, and determined with a DMM that it doesn’t do push on/push off, there is only an intermittent contact when holding the button. The power button is part of a low voltage trip which activates the secondary transformer...
  20. C

Anyone doing a garden?

I am such a better person for the worldly things I learn on AK. And I can fix yer steerio, too! thanks for today’s smile!
  21. C

I joined the Elac Miracord 50H club!

Try the surgical tubing, but whatever you use watch the thickness, too fat nd it won’t move, too thin and it also won’t move
  22. C

Preferred component supplier/vendor? SX-1250 restore kit

The instructions in the kits I have bought surely helped me to a fine end result!
  23. C

I have some progress. I said there was a clicking sound and the dbt would go immediately totally off. So I could not test voltages. But leaving the unit alone for a day, I started out with the dbt and used my hand to determine which transformer was making the noise. It is the standby...
  24. C

The starting issue is it doesn’t power up so I can’t use the pre with an outboard amp. Once powered up thru a DBT it immediately has a relay click and then nothing. reading thru other 7400 threads for ideas.
Back
Top Bottom