Search results

1. M

Pretty quiet around here...

I hope someone can take a tu through the procedure . I'd love to understand a bit about the equipment needed. I've been trying to find and figure it out for a while. I know I need to find a good FM / RF signal gen to start the ball rolling. Any recommendations, apart from "Don't"
  2. M

Found a new photo

Is that an au 888 next to the record player?
  3. M

Sansui TU-555 power on issue

It could be coincidence that when you play with the fuse / holder it starts to work, or it could be that the fuse and or holder is oxidised. Buy a new fuse and some switch cleaner. Keep unplugged and squirt some switch cleaner into the fuse holder once or twice and wait a good while before...
  4. M

TU-7700 tuner pointer led

update us with how it goes and if you can get a few photos, all the better for others in the same predicament. I am curious to know
  5. M

I cant find the old burnt out led right now but found the electronics that I salvaged the replacement red from and it has a green led on it of the same size, it measures roughly 3mm x 5mm and I am pretty sure (not 100% certain) I got the equivalent sized red from this board (that had nothing to...
  6. M

i replaced a burnt out led on a Au 4400, I am sorry I never kept dimensions, but I just replaced with an led that i had that happened to be the right size and red, I think the one i had was old as well and so was low intensity light output. I see in the manual its fed by 12v with a 1k ohm...
  7. M

AU-999 driver board mods

would these mods etc be applicable to the au888 i wonder
  8. M

New To Me AU-7900

yours is a very clean looking amp! I bought one a couple of years ago with a power switch that had been changed for a rotating power switch and so the face had been "adapted" (one word for it) :tears: A year later I finally found an unadulterated new face for sale but the seller wouldn't ship...
  9. M

familiar with the SR-2050?

but if anyone else does have any more info/photos regarding this deck, re springs/suspension, I would be pleased to hear about it
  10. M

yep, I can see one spring on a couple of those pics, I think someone has taken them off this record deck:sigh: not sure what to do about that! hmmmmm.
  11. M

thanks mate, appreciate it
  12. M

Removing top off of au 7700

funny enough. they are kinda slightly 'glued', basically they get a bit stuck down along the back, where the three screws came out of. fras is right, the side panels need to come off, 2 big screws on the side and 2 small screws on the back, next to the side panel (there are 4, but only 2 need...
  13. M

Sansui SR-2050C wondered if anyone has one, I bought one recently and was surprised to see the suspension system seemed to only comprise of rubber bushes. I think there may have been springs, but they have been removed? I'm not sure, I've dl'ed the service manual and it has an exploded diagram...
  14. M

The Capacitor Abyss-yes, can it get any better?

just for fun, the white elna caps from the sansui 1000x disguised as electrolytic do seem to be something other than electrolytic, tantalum? though I don't actually know what this is
  15. M

Gave up on this..

or you could wait for ConradH to reply!
  16. M

Gave up on this..

I know this is a UK site, but it may be worth a question or two http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php good people who know there radios
  17. M

Sansui Au555 Tu555 Paint job

I found a place local that will do a colour match an put it in a spray can for £10 per can, only need to buy one can BUT the original is flecked with a slightly raised and different tone colour. I was a bit nervous when the paint shop said leave the lid wiht them for a colour match, I imagined...
  18. M

looking a bit further (not much) the paint on these old sansuis, its really hard, scatch resistant, quite like powder coat but isn't. Does anyone know the type of paint to go for? I can get it matched but I think car paint will be easily scratched, is there a type of paint more suitable?
  19. M

Interesting finds

yamaha c2a looks interesting vintage knob rates it http://www.thevintageknob.org/yamaha-C-2a.html I know nothing
  20. M

I think the au +tu 555 are perfect bed fellows laying next to each other rather than on top of each other. I thought the tu666 was brought out for the au555A version, what with the wood and change of knobs etc in that range. I think I will try a burgundy, it may set the faces of these to...
  21. M

I cant decide, I like to stick to original but what with people veneering instead of vinyl and in the same thread someone had used a pseudo leather stick on (was it the 7070 thread) The I remember that beautiful deep red colour or the original matt beige .......hmmmm maybe a vinyl wood...
  22. M

Ok so I have these two units but the tuner lid has been painted black and the amp has the original beige(?) but seems to have minor rust spots over it. I was thinking of trying to get a paint of the original 'colour' and respraying both. But that burgundy of the au 20000's sprung to mind...
  23. M

NAD 7140 vs Sansui AU-5500

nad from 1987? receiver 40watt lower distortion figures, 7,5 kilos sansui au-5500 from 1975 amp 32watt looks prettier, 10.4 kilos quite different in every way except they both amplify music you have the former, just get the latter, and tell us all about it :tresbon:
  24. M

Sansui AU555a Phono trouble

thanks slimecity! , I'll bare that in mind when I get around to the 555a
  25. M

Sansui 7070? Removing faux wood?

peterfranks veneer too, too many choices. Really quality stuff
Back
Top Bottom