Search results

1. timblade68

Calibration using Software program AudMES

Can anyone advise if the following would be possible to do using the 'AUDMES' software program using the sinewave output? (& how would you set it correctly) thanx! AUDio MEasurement System download | SourceForge.net input the sine wave signal of 1kHz +5dBm (1.378Vrms) to input jack.
  2. timblade68

Capacitor tolerance and replacement planning

Hi all - can someone confirm the use of a 50uf capacitor that is replacing a 47uf \ 20% cap on a tone control board? Is there any chance of a detrimental hit on sonics?
  3. timblade68

Yamaha M40 Amplifier & Blackgate Capacitors Measured

We all know these great caps were discontinued a good while ago and are out of current production. I was very fortunate to obtain two at 680uf | 65v from Partsconnection and installed to my Yamaha M40 amp some 5 years ago. These were 'new old stock' caps and I was curious as to how they were...
  4. timblade68

100 Volt Japanese Yamaha Seperates

Has anyone experience using the Japanese 100 volt Yamaha components in the USA? Plugged straight to 110V, or by using a step down converter? If so, how did it work out sonic quality wise?
  5. timblade68

Yamaha M40 Blackgate Caps

Available at the following link: https://www.partsconnexion.com/capacitor_ele_blackgate_f.html
  6. timblade68

Yamaha M40 Main Amp RCA Board

Hello again to all....while updating the RCA inputs of my Yamaha M40, I noticed a cracked capacitor with a slight burn discoloration <on the rca input board>....would appreciate any assistance <id and recommend replacement part> of the capacitor in the picture. It is the reddish colored cap and...
  7. timblade68

Yamaha C65 Tone Board Picture

Could someone with a Yamaha C65 Preamp please post a nice close up pic of the 'tone section' that sits just behind the 'bass' 'treble' & 'stereo/mono' controls please. For your effort, I can arrange a .pdf file copy of the service manual/schematic. Thanks!
  8. timblade68

Yamaha cdx1030 Capacitors

Hello again fellow Yamaha brothers in sound...........am almost ready here to recap my good ole 'over 20 yr old' cd player. One thing I have question about that hopefully someone can solve. On this board, there is a memory capacitor, easy enough, I will not be replacing this one for now. But...
  9. timblade68

Yamaha C65, new resistors

Anyone have recommendation for replacement 1/4 watt resistors in the tone section of this preamp? I have choice of 250 volt or 300 volt rating, which would be the best choice? Thanks!
  10. timblade68

Carbon vs metal film resistors

Has anyone knowledge/experience replacing 5% carbon resistors with 1% metal film in vintage <1980's> Yamaha gear? Downside/upside/no difference.....sound wise, recommended or not? Any input appreciated! Thanks!
  11. timblade68

Yamaha C-65 Preamp Recap

Hi to all, new forum guy here. I have enjoyed my various Yamaha pieces since purchased new in the 80's. I have recently finished a recap on my M-40 power amp. Now I find myself about 97% done with recapping the C-65 but I have run into two 'dummy caps', rated at 4700uf / 35v that I am hoping the...
Back
Top Bottom