Search results

1. Funky54

Help Identify These Tubes?

Any chance anyone knows what these are? Thinking 12 AX7, 12AU7… not sure 12 AT7? Is the first tube (3 pics) Amperage? SECOND TUBE 12AU7.. but what?
  2. Funky54

1 millionth Recommend Tube Preamp with Phono (Hi-End)

I currently have a Rogue Perseus Magnum. Very nice preamp. I like it… But you know how it is.. your always wondering whats better… whats better “for you, and your synergy” I put High End only so I dont get everybody and their brother recommending a bunch of DIY buffers.. Iknow my price range is...
  3. Funky54

Coaxial Speaker Wire

How many of you have ever tried coaxial speaker wire? Did you like it? Was it terrible?
  4. Funky54

Power Cord Recommendations

I’m not after refinancing my house for a power cord only to plug it into standard 12 gauge Romax in the wall. So I’m really not looking for expensive power cords. What I would like to find are three matching good quality power cords for my Amps and phono stage. What I need are two 3 foot long...
  5. Funky54

Audiophile Turntables, Diminishing Returns, Honesty & Common Sense

This thread is for people who love turntables and are seeking the best sound quality they can. This thread is not about digital, real to reel or best recommendations under $500. I suppose like many others who really enjoy their vinyl and have had a journey with several turntables and synergy of...
  6. Funky54

Vinyl quality reviewers? Website, blog?

Are there any websites, YouTube channels, forums or blogs that simply review and rate the quality of a vinyl record? I don’t mean a review of the music. As in, this new album from Acme rock is their best one yet with thundering drums and powerfully written blah blah blah. I mean is there a...
  7. Funky54

Tube Rolling When Vertically Bi-amped

Let’s not turn this into opinions on bi-amping.. This is about tube rolling when VERTICALLY bi-amping. Meaning- two stereo tube amps. One amp uses a channel for the woofer, the second channel for the tweeters. Ok, before I spend more money, I wanted to see who may have tried this… when we tube...
  8. Funky54

Are these real or fake Mullards?

Running them in my phono stage. Would like to know what they really are?
  9. Funky54

New production 12 AX7 recommendations for “haunting mids”

Ok… so laugh away. A zillion threads on 12ax7’s, but seriously the search feature really didn’t answer my question. What’s the best new production 12ax7 with the tube magic haunting mids? I need four matching 12 ax7’s togo in the (not really preamp) but volume stage in my vertically bi-amped...
  10. Funky54

Who knows their Audio Technica history? Need old cart info..

I have a couple AT33 carts that I can’t find specs on anymore. These are stereo carts. Metal body. They are not AT33E. They are only labeled as AT-33. I believe they are microline. Anyone have info on them? I found out what they were years ago and have no lost the info again… I believe they...
  11. Funky54

Billy Gibbons Hardware Album - Compressed?

Anyone buy the new Billy Gibbons on vinyl? Buddy bought a new one… so compressed we couldn’t get through a single song, digital is compressed too, but nowhere near as bad. What record exec, or Billy himself heard that unlistenable vinyl compressed mess and green lighted it for production...
  12. Funky54

Looking for quality turntable stand source?

Seems there isn’t much between cheap particle board (Amazon, Etsy) to expensive Salamander. I’d like to find a source for decent quality useful practical turntable stands. I need some options, stylish, nice well built stands. Seems most of my clients want a lockable housed turntable stand with...
  13. Funky54

Mono Blocks.. pic’s thread. Let’s see them

No sissy flea amps buzzing in the man card only thread of threads. This is the thread of giants. Post your mono blocks! Ok so I’m cheating, but used as mono blocks in a way. My vertically bi-amped 400 watt tubes of insensitive speaker taming brute power. Don’t care if Tube or Solid, no just...
  14. Funky54

Problems or Cons with going Tube- HELP!

I recently went all tube. I'm experiencing a number of issues. I thought I'd share what I have and what the issues are to see if anyone can help. I've kinda narrowed it down to the power amp. Problem 1 Lots of back ground hiss, not horrible when playing, but between... annoying. Problem 2...
  15. Funky54

Accurate, Detailed OR Warm and Smooth OR Somwhere in the Middle Pole.

WIth tube power there are all kinds of options. Some tube offerings try to sound as accurate and detailed as possible and really reflect the sound of good solid state. Other tube offerings give you the warm lush romantic sound filled with "blooms" and bell like soft tones that hang in the air...
  16. Funky54

Tube Rolling... Scientific Method?

Ok... Tube rolling. What method do you guys use? Do you: First roll a phono stage then a preamp and last a power amp? Or Roll power amp then preamp and last phono stage? What if your like me and have a phone stage and preamp in one? Do you figure out what tubes are line and what tubes are RIAA?
  17. Funky54

How good is a dynaco PAS 3x compared to modern?

Im looking at Rogue Metis, Perseus and Ares. PS audio, Creek Wyndsor, Ear 834.... I really need a phono stage that puts out somewhere between 1v to 2v to make my amp happy. But I'm thinking, someday I may go to better tuber power monoblocks.so why not just go with a preamp with phono...? In my...
  18. Funky54

Tube amp repair in Greater Orlando Fl area?

Any suggestions?
  19. Funky54

BIG ANGRY MANLY HOT GLASS, We're talking 80wpc+ of tube force

So I lost all practicality and common sense and bought some high wattage glass. Let's do a little thread about BIG GLASS POWER. Just bought a Jolida jd1000rc. I don't have any time... so I hooked it up and have listened for 30 minutes. I just won't have any time for several days to do more...
  20. Funky54

Inefficient Speakers.... Let's talk Tube Power!

I love my big dinasour inefficient speakers. They sound great. I can't leave well enough alone though. Of course I'm looking for the next step in audio bliss. It's time I start talking Tube Power. I wanna use my inefficient 86db monsters. I wanna go Tube. I need suggestions and knowledge. If...
  21. Funky54

Tube audio advice needed, pre/SS power VS Tube

I really could use some advice. I don't want to replace my power hungry big speakers. I really liked the sound of a completely different system in a different room. He used my little bedroom single ended EL34 9wpc amp with special Audio M3 turbo S speakers. The sound stage came forward into the...
  22. Funky54

Tube Preamp on a budget

Last nights vinyl night turned into a revelation... Revelations always seem to be expensive. Anyway my Buddy just bought some Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S something or other baffle speakers. For the first time ever I understood the gravitation to efficient speakers. Wow. My little Budget Single...
  23. Funky54

Looking for Room Treatment Advice

I'm looking for ideas from others about simple Room treatments. Nothing crazy or over the top. If you gander at my caveman drawing below you'll see it's actually all one giant room with 12' ceilings. The interior walls you see go up 8'…it's 12' ceilings. Note too where I have carpet and whats...
  24. Funky54

Generic Room Treatment Suggestions

Looking for casual ideas. I'm not trying to go perfect. I'd just like a little return. Any suggestions on what this room might benifit from? I don't have an Atmos system yet.The four in-ceiling speakers need to be installed and I need to install anew receiver. All treatments should be for two...
Back
Top Bottom