Search results

1. BillyTheKid

Ovation Guitars in CT on June 8

The local library is having a free program on the Connecticut built Ovation Guitar. Looks like it will be a good time. Hope to see you there. https://tinyurl.com/m2ye7p48
  2. BillyTheKid

Ovation Guitars in CT on June 8

The local library is having a free program on the Connecticut built Ovation Guitar. Looks like it will be a good time. Hope to see you there. https://tinyurl.com/m2ye7p48
  3. BillyTheKid

Hercules Bicycle

This belonged to my father in law. I have no idea how he ended up with it in Northeast Connecticut. Mrs. Kid remembers him riding a bike in younger days, and this had to be it. Is anybody familiar with a British Hercules bike like this ? It sure has a cool chain guard.
  4. BillyTheKid

AR3 mess

So, this is what I found. Grills are long gone. From the looks of it the bottom driver is original, yes ? Only 1 tweeter is working and neither mid is working. I'd like to remove the tweets and mids for testing alone. Are there tricks to removing them? What's going on with all that black...
  5. BillyTheKid

Compressor stopped working

I bought this Harbour Freight compressor for my son, maybe 5 years ago. It's been fine, i used it last week to pump up the lawn mower tires. Then I tried to use it yesterday and it won't go over 20 lbs, no matter how long I let it run. There are no leaks anyplace, it all looks good, sounds...
  6. BillyTheKid

First Pastrami

My son gave me a 9lb brisket and Pastrami Kit for Fathers Day. I finally got around to making it, never done it before. Brined for 2 weeks, smoked for 5 hours, steamed for 2 hours. It was great, lots of fun. There's a little hunk in the freezer...the rest went fast. Next time I'd smoke it...
  7. BillyTheKid

Argos Speakers

My buddy Peter found these at his town dump yesterday. They look better than they sound.
  8. BillyTheKid

BayAudio

Mrs. Kid and I found a set while biking a shore road in Wells Me. last month. There were 3 identical, look like center speakers, with stands, gold connectors and magnetic grills. I didn't recognize the name and rode on. Upon returning that direction, and seeing them again, we decided to load 2...
  9. BillyTheKid

New Bathroom..Too old for this kind of fun.

When I put a new kitchen in the house 8 years ago I kept telling my wife "this is my last kitchen". For the last month I've been saying "this is my last bathroom" and "just because I can do something, doesn't mean I should ". Anyway, I stripped it down to the studs before Easter. Tile started...
  10. BillyTheKid

Crayfish ?

Does anybody here trap Crayfish...Crawdads...Mudbugs ? I have a small brook that runs along the back of the property. I drop a torpedo trap with some chicken or beef bones. Check it every day or 2...anywhere from 1 to 4 cray a day. It picks up as the weather warms. Last year i pulled out 268...
  11. BillyTheKid

Corned Beef Shrinkage

St. Patricks Day last week, as usual corned beef was on sale. I managed to buy a few flat cuts for $1.99 lb. Out of curiosity I weighed one before and after cooking. 40 oz before cooking and 26 oz. after. That's a loss of 35%, not accounting for the fat trimmed away during eating. No wonder...
  12. BillyTheKid

Early pictures of You and Guitars

Me and my sister, the day I got my first 'guitar'. I think it was 1964. It was a plastic toy. There were colored plastic discs that snapped into the back and had bumps to activate a music box mechanism. There was a metal handle that turned the disk to made the music, and looked like you were...
  13. BillyTheKid

Get Your Water from a Well ?

My well is about 60 feet deep. We suck it out of the ground with a jet pump. The rate on my well is poor, especially by todays standards. I can easily run it dry. It provides for a family of 4 just fine, you just have to space out the loads of laundry and dishwasher and showers. You can't do it...
  14. BillyTheKid

What is this ?

Here's something I bought at Brimfield. When I picked it up it felt really comfortable in the hand. It was marked $15. I asked what it was and the gentleman said "it was screwed to the wall with kitchen matches in it" . and he'd take $5. Solid brass and weighs 8.7 oz. it has a slight curve...
  15. BillyTheKid

2 things broke at the same time

The other night i decided to listen to a record. Technics SL1300 turntable thru a Sansui QRX9001 receiver. No sound out of the left side. At first I don't think much about it...so many knobs and switches I must have something in the wrong spot. Then I smell the distinct aroma of burning...
  16. BillyTheKid

RIP Tony Sirico

It's not the same without Paulie Walnuts. heh..heh...heh
  17. BillyTheKid

Is everything a Guitar?

Mrs. Kid did some baking this weekend. Some of the batter overflowed the pan. When i scraped up the drippings I saw parts of a Les Paul in the dough. Maybe i could sell it on ebay ?
  18. BillyTheKid

Finally...Somebody wants a system !

My sons girlfriend ( born in 1994) saw a turntable and was fascinated by it. Now she wants one. I explained that hifi takes several large boxes and much wire, she's fine with that. So, with her birthday coming next month i started the task of trying to find a turntable in this current...
  19. BillyTheKid

Wedding Anniversary Today

37 years. Sure went quickly. We're off for the day...gonna spend it riding the bikes. We'll grab a fancy lunch someplace. Supposed to be a beautiful day, sunny and 80 degrees. Just like it was in 1985 !
  20. BillyTheKid

Norm MacDonald: Nothing Special

I just watched his final show on Netflix. He made it the night before having surgery, doing his final act alone in front of his computer. Funny, odd, touching, brilliant...what a loss.
  21. BillyTheKid

Time to make the Wine

Red Wine...that is. I made my annual trip into Hartford yesterday to pickup Chilean grape juice. Over the years i've tried all kinds of varietals. These days I only do Cabernet Franc. I like a bold, meaty red with that little bit of peppery edge, and this juice makes a great wine...never had...
  22. BillyTheKid

Bike troubles

As i've posted, Mrs. Kid and I have a pair of 1985 Schwinn Le Tour 12-speeds. Hers has started to get a little "bumpy noisy" feel when pedaling...it 's worse in higher gears. I first thought it was the bottom bracket. So, this morning I finally got around to messing with it. I took the...
  23. BillyTheKid

Too loud ? Walk out.

Yesterday ( Sunday ) we finally had a 70 degree day. Went for a 20 mile bike ride, then grabbed some sandwiches and went to one of our favorite breweries. Just as we walked in the entertainment started...a guy singing with a guitar. The sound was all sharp mids and highs, and wayyyy too loud...
  24. BillyTheKid

International Guitar Month ?

Apparently April is International Guitar Month. I've never heard of that before.... https://www.classicalwcrb.org/blog/2022-04-11/april-is-international-guitar-month
  25. BillyTheKid

2/22/22

Today's date. We won't see that again.
Back
Top Bottom