Search results

1. fernarias

Covid-19 News From CBS, Covid19 Airborne

If the government is saying may then it's no longer a conspiracy theory but a possibility just like it's possible that someone who had aids ate a bat that had this type of coronavirus.
  2. fernarias

Like the cold and flu, both types of coronavirus, it might be slowed by warmer weather. Flu and the common cold do not go away in the summer. Also, in S. Korea, since they started wearing masks, reported flu has gone down to zero.
  3. fernarias

Saying something is a conspiracy when there are plenty of sources, if you only do some looking, is just an excuse to end debate. Remember that china is saying that the virus comes from the US (or italy).
  4. fernarias

From newsweek: U.S. intelligence, after originally asserting that the coronavirus had occurred naturally, conceded last month that the pandemic may have originated in a leak from the Wuhan lab I don't work for newsweek and there are more news stories if you search Wuhan Institute of Virology. I...
  5. fernarias

The ccp virus created in a lab as a bioweapon. This is not a conspiracy theory. There are published papers from wuhan lab 4 that researchers were splicing coronavirus with aids dna and this is what was found when the virus (more than 12 strains) contained aids dna. This is why aids antivirals...
  6. fernarias

Sansui 5000x vs. Marantz 2270

Yes, that's the word, flat. Since the front end is the same as the 2245 it's got to be the amp. I didn't really realize it until I did a head to head with a 2275 after it got refurbished (already had the 2270). I would have sold the 2270 already but it needs a fm alignment. The 2230 I had...
  7. fernarias

Sansui 5000x vs. Marantz 2270

I have the 2230, 2245 and the 2270, all of them refurbished and my conclusion is that there is something wrong with the 2270 when compared to it's siblings. It shouldn't do well against the Sansui. The 2275, that replaced it, is a much nicer sounding receiver. Same source and speakers, the...
  8. fernarias

Recapping. Now I'm a believer.

Just the caps is an old concept. I know also change the transistors, diodes, zeners, opamps, etc. Everything but the resistors (although I may start doing that too as they do in Germany). I found not only a change in sound to the better but also a lower noise floor (less hiss). I remember...
  9. fernarias

Upgrade from Yamaha AS-501 for Klipsch Fortes.

I thought the yamahas were class ab.
  10. fernarias

Building Klipsch Belles Bass bin

11. fernarias

Equipments needed for FM alignment

Buy a SG-165 and a frequency counter (the frequency counter will improve accuracy substantially). An analog scope is better unless you have a very expensive digital scope. Make sure it has the xy function.
  12. fernarias

Recapping: ESR values much better...before?

You need to check leakage, esr and value of old caps. You can't check for value if the cap is leaking. You also have to test leakage at the capacitors rated voltage, which most modern testers can't. As for new caps esr vs old caps esr. Modern caps are rated at a lower esr than these old caps...
  13. fernarias

An idea for a DIY cable burn-in generator: would it work?

There's no purpose. It's BS. A way to sell more cable or more expensive cable.
  14. fernarias

Marantz 2225 ocassional snap crackle, pop

Tap the relay to see if you get the cracks and pops that you mention. Replace or clean (I've been having very good luck cleaning with a dremel tool and a brass brush wheel).
  15. fernarias

My Trip To DMV Today

I'm in CA and did everything online. Got a real ID in the mail.
  16. fernarias

Coronavirus News -- PLEASE No Politics

Since the chinese government lies about everything, how do you know that it's a "handful" of deaths? From the footage that has leaked and the messages that have gotten out of china, it's seems to be in the several tens of thousands. From even the chinese official numbers as of 2/6 it's 563...
  17. fernarias

DIY Stylus Retipping?

Like I said, this isn't a diy. You can see the gear required at this retipping service http://phonocartridgeretipping.com/index.html. It would be cheaper to just buy 200 dollar carts every year.
  18. fernarias

DIY Stylus Retipping?

You need to know that this isn't a diy and it requires a lot of equipment to make sure the tip is on correctly. Ask in the turntable forum for a reliable retipper. It won't be cheap, so use only with expensive carts.
  19. fernarias

Comments on Heat Sink Compound on these transistors

Yes, this is about right. Make sure it's on both sides. I usually use a thin piece of plastic or a stiff brush to paint it on. For lower watt amps I just use a silicon pad without any compound. Worst I've seen is as you've described, it's has dried to powder.
  20. fernarias

New Forte III’s being shipped today

1. forte was tested by stereo review and it goes down to 32hz 2. there are no tests that prove what you said and there is plenty of testimony saying that either people can't hear the difference, or they prefer the phenolic or they prefer titanium so it's a wash. Titanium is just another cost...
  21. fernarias

The switch to titanium has been industry wide (Klipsch doesn't make their drivers). Exotics, like beryllium drivers, are gone even though they were prominent on mid priced speakers from the 70s to 90s. Phenolics, which were more common are also gone. Stamped titanium drivers are probably a...
  22. fernarias

I said that it could have been the positioning or the amp but there was much less bass. The first time I heard the Klipsch lineup in 85 they were all positioned in the middle of a large room (it was the heresy 1.5, the forte I, the cornwall I, the la scala and the klipschorn) and you could...
  23. fernarias

Compared to the 1s or 2s they braced the heck out of the 3s which is why they are so much heavier. Is it better, no but it's a different philosophy. I prefer the 1s over the 2s and was not impressed by the 3s I heard at the dealer (of course it could have been the amp or acoustics or whatever...
  24. fernarias

Recommend me a model for my Sansui Seven

Fortes 1 or 2s, for that price, in decent shape.
  25. fernarias

Newbie to Klipsch - Chorus II mod priority

Mine sound perfect as they are but they were new old stock (cabinet guy got paid partially for a job with new speakers in box and that's how I got them, no blems and all black is still jet black no fading). If they sound good then I wouldn't make any changes.
Back
Top Bottom