Search results

1. larry777

Which speakers did you decide to buy back / buy again?

Yamaha NS-690 with the three hookups on the back which were my very first speakers. I sold them along with a Pioneer amplifier and Technics turntable to my girlfriends brother for a very low price so she could get his stereo system for free. When the dust settled I realized that I should have...
  2. larry777

Top vintage Sansui speakers ?

In addition to these SP-L speakers Sansui also made the SP-L500 ( which I have ) the SP-L300, SP-L200 and I also believe the SP-L150. The SP-L500 are 3 way speakers with a 12" cone type Woofer, 6 1/2" cone type Midrange and 2 1/4 horn type Tweeter. The build quality is very heavy and they sound...
  3. larry777

Sansui Alpha CD players - CD-α907 and CD-α907i

Yes, I did notice the ad saying would prefer local sale. But it didn't say no shipping. When a person actually gets a reasonable request to buy from someone out of the area, they are often willing to ship. It would be easy to box that player up to ship for someone who really wanted it. These...
  4. larry777

Just an FYI.....One of these Sansui Cd-X701 players with the RS-1010 remote is for sale on Canuck Audio Mart (Canada) right now. It is rated as an 8 out of 10. The seller says it has been serviced and is in perfect working condition. I know these are rare as I check out Canuck Audio Mart a lot...
  5. larry777

Wow, those look like serious cd players ! The build quality looks outstanding. :D
  6. larry777

What are you listening to right now the second you see this post

Diana Krall: I've Got You Under My Skin
  7. larry777

Midrange Driver Has No Sound But Measures 6.8 ohm

If I do this and I see rust or corrosion will I be able to do something to fix the situation ? Would I also be able to tell if the magnet is causing my issue ? As mentioned in an earlier post these are very rare drivers and I don't want to mess anything up.
  8. larry777

I bought these speakers new in 1978 when I picked up my Sansui AU-717 amplifier. They have been down stairs in a fully completed basement ( Split Entry Home ) for the last few years. I use a dehumidifier from time to time when moisture builds up but not all the time. When I play music I usually...
  9. larry777

Thanks for all the help Guys. I may make contact with GordonW to see what he has to say. I live in Canada so that could be an issue shipping accross the border.
  10. larry777

I took the midrange driver out of the cabinet again and tried pushing in from around the aluminum cap and also where the cone meets the basket and it dosn't seem to move. So I think that the coil could be stuck. Since the speaker measures 6.8 ohms whould a speaker repair shop be able to fix it ...
  11. larry777

No, with the midrange driver inside the three way speaker cabinets. When the two midrange drivers were tested with the multimeter they were removed from the cabinets and both measure 6.8 ohms.
  12. larry777

The midrange driver seems stiffer than the working one when I try pushing in on the cone. I don't want to push too hard and damage the cone. I also noticed a bit of rust where the magnet attaches to the basket which is not present on the working driver. I can see where the coil attaches to the...
  13. larry777

I have a set of rare Sansui SP-L500 speakers that have already been recapped. I noticed that the midrange driver in my left speaker was no longer putting out sound so I switched the driver over to the right speaker and it still didn't work. The original right driver does work in the left speaker...
  14. larry777

Sansui SP X9000 crossover

Nice speakers and a good job on replacing the Caps !
  15. larry777

AU-9900 vs AU-717 Direct Comparison Completed

And still rocking on !! YAaaaaa.:banana:
  16. larry777

Sansui AU-719 Repair/ Refurbish

Its obvious that this AU-719 is "Now in good Hands" ! :biggrin:
  17. larry777

First Film Camera

I still have the lens on my Nikon FE and its in excellent condition.....as is the camera.
  18. larry777

First Film Camera

My first camera was an all black Nikon FE with a 1.8 50mm Nikkor lens. I bought it in Calgary Alberta Canada along with a lifetime warranty. I took a lot of beautiful pictures with it over the years and still have the camera today. It is a very simple camera to use and is very well built...
  19. larry777

Sansui 1000x for a steal!!!

Great to see people still getting excited over these vintage Sansui finds ! Keep it going until the wife hits the ejection button :D
  20. larry777

Sansui SP-5500 Speaker Mods: A great speaker... even better???

Those Diffusers can turn in a full circle (360 degrees) if they are like the one on my Sansui SP-L500 speakers. They can help with fine tuning depending on your room setup. You coud listen for any changes to the sound since you are experimenting with these speakers anyway. You might as well go...
  21. larry777

Sansui SP-5500 Speaker Mods: A great speaker... even better???

First off I knew you ment business when I noticed the Big Hammer sitting beside the modified speaker box :D. Befor the changes the mids and highs seemed more pronounced and life like similer to being at the concert. After the changes the mids and highs seemed more further away and reduced (laid...
  22. larry777

Rained on Sansui SP 1500 speakers and questions

You are doing a real super job with these new speaker boxes ! I am sure when you look back on this experience you will never regret the time and money spent on them. You will also be the only one who will have these exact unique speakers. Great Job !
  23. larry777

What amps are you using for your Sansui speakers?

Speakers : Sansui SP-L500 Amps : Sansui AU-717 and AU-719
  24. larry777

Sansui AU-417 Recap

You should post your recap in the Exclusively Sansui forum as you will get a lot of help there. Lots of great people will be available to answer all your questions and give you guidence. Welcome to Audiokarma.
  25. larry777

Sansui SP-20000 speakers (see pics)

They look to be of very good quality and are rare. Glad you kept them and are still enjoying the music !
Back
Top Bottom