Search results

1. jonm

Dyna Stereo 70 blew a fuse...

The amp is in great shape, restored, new caps everywhere, great tech guy, good vintage tubes. I think I really turned it on too soon after I shut it off... just wondering what fuses to buy; I know 3 amp slow blow but who sells them, brand, etc. Maybe any works? Thanks!
  2. jonm

Dyna Stereo 70 blew a fuse...

I believe I turned the amp on too soon after it was shut down, so the fuse went... what type (brand, #, etc) should I replace it with? thanks!
  3. jonm

Dynaco A-25 recap question

Thanks everyone; I was thinking that swapping caps was easy, and if it made a difference it would be worth it. There are Dayton's in there already and the consensus seems to be to keep 'em.
  4. jonm

Dynaco A-25 recap question

Hi, is it worthwhile to put some Mundorf Supreme caps, totaling 5mf, in my A-25's instead of the same value Parts Express caps, or is it not worth it? Jon
  5. jonm

Hi Lee, you restored/refurbished my NAD 1020 a few years ago. I'm now looking for an NAD power...

Hi Lee, you restored/refurbished my NAD 1020 a few years ago. I'm now looking for an NAD power amp to mate with it, whahat do you suggest, and do you have any restored ones available? Thanks, Jon in Maine.
  6. jonm

How to make your loudspeakers disappear in your room

Or leave your college rental in rural Maine unlocked and your speakers (and preamp, turntable and roomies poorly-hidden camera) disappear. Didn't have to close my eyes!
  7. jonm

McIntosh MC 250 repair?

Hello all, I'm looking for someone in New England who is a Certified Mac repair... person? Anyway, I have a nice MC 250 and just want it gone over. Obviously, shipping is prohibitive. Any leads would be appreciated. Thx, Jon
  8. jonm

What Are Our Choices For Affordable Acrylic Turntable Covers These Days?

I noticed JnB (on the Auction Site) had different prices for what appears to be the same cover... any guesses why?
  9. jonm

Another AR-XA question...

Hi, I am trying to correctly adjust the 3-spring suspension on an AR-XA that I picked up. As is, it is really 'bouncy' and I'd like to know to what degree the 3 suspension springs should be tightened... i.e. what is the 'factory' setting. Thanks!
  10. jonm

AR-XA resto question...

Hi all, I just got a fixer-upper AR-XA. I want to paint the plinth, but it looks as though the tonearm will not come off without removing the (very, very) small wires (de-soldering / re-soldering) from the cartridge thru the arm and then under the plinth. Good lord, I don't wanta do that...
  11. jonm

Old dog, new tricks?

Just found another thread dealing with this, so I'll check that out...
  12. jonm

Old dog, new tricks?

Hi all, thought I'd dip into the collective AK knowledge for some help. I'm looking to get into modern sources for my music. All I use now is a CD player, table and FM tuner. I want to access all the wonderful flac files, spotify, etc etc that my friends endlessly speak of... along with the 4...
  13. jonm

Show us your Motorcycles

I'm probably going into semi-retirement. I have a 1978 Guzzi Lemans I can do some blasts on. I think the FJ-09 is a pretty spectacular bike, but flawed as a sport tourer. The Guzzi, of course, is a completely different beast but a hoot to keep in 3rd gear and roll on and off the throttle...
  14. jonm

Show us your Motorcycles

Hey, my 2016 FJ-09 is still in one piece after hitting a deer at 60. Or rather the deer ran into me. (Bike) needs some new bodywork, there's deer fur in the front wheel and brakes. I, on the other hand, have some issues! Unfortunately, the excellent ABS and traction control didn't even come...
  15. jonm

Pioneer PL-41 question...

Actually I'd prefer an aftermarket/new one... the PL-41 is vintage enough! try1256, any other info on the KAB/Cardas cable, i.e. product #? Thanks for the responses...
  16. jonm

bump...
  17. jonm

Hi all, is there an option for the stock RCA input /cable on the PL-41 that I can buy? Aftermarket or swiped from another Pioneer? Mine is kind of gnarly and the original is hard to come by (although occasionally on the Auction Site...). Many thanks, Jon
  18. jonm

pioneer DVD v7400 help needed...

It was already set up for CD playing when I got it, I just use the stereo audio out... i think it sounds good as is, hoping for an improvement with a DAC but maybe not.
  19. jonm

Well thanks to all... you guys know all about this. AK is great.
  20. jonm

Hi, is this just an rca male to rca male? I'm pretty tech-illiterate (ahem, a luddite who prefers my Dynaco and Eico stuff) so my apologies...
  21. jonm

Thanks for the response. That's what I see also, yet people rave about the Pioneer connected to a DAC :dunno:
  22. jonm

Hi to all; I've been listening to a Pioneer DVD-v7400 as a CD player. I'm simply using the audio out to my preamp as you would any CD player, and it sounds great. These have to be set up for either CD or DVD playing and mine was set up for CD. However, I'd like to try it as a transport with a...
  23. jonm

Hey Mike, whats up? I was wondering if you have any CD players available at your place, I'm...

Hey Mike, whats up? I was wondering if you have any CD players available at your place, I'm usually around tuesdays... I had several that all died various deaths via non opening doors, frying, crapped out lasers, non opening doors and, er, doors that don't work. Let me know, Jon
  24. jonm

tube amp/subwoofer question...

Thanks for the responses... it seems to help, I keep the sub on very low (and subtle...):music:
  25. jonm

tube amp/subwoofer question...

Hi, I've wondered if a powered sub would help my el-84 amp by doing the heavy lifting (if you will) of the woofers which would allow the amp to put more of it's power to the midrange/tweeter... thoughts? This has bugged me for a while, it seems to make sense, but...?
Back
Top Bottom