Search results

1. Vintagegeek

Project One Mark 600 Reciever

I agree that normally you measure offset at the terminals. Marantz however was different and there was one more step in the process for setting the offset on the marantz which was to put your probes across the output to the speakers and set this to a value which I would have to look again and...
  2. Vintagegeek

Hi Nashou, With the amp facing you and looking down at the output board there are 4 trim pots from left to right. I believe that there are 2 pots per channel, one for offset and one for bias. Pots 1 and 4 which are the outer trim pots are what I used to set the offset. To do this I put either...
  3. Vintagegeek

Followed your recommendation and recleaned all the switches an pots. Still having some minimal R channel distortion maybe it's the recording but I was listening to imogen heap, pretty spotless. Not sure where to go from here without a service manual. I did find someone an hour east of my...
  4. Vintagegeek

I posted a thread about this reciever right after I picked it up. Since then it has sat idle on the shelf because once turned on there was some audible distortion in the left channel. My research has led me to the telefunken Tr 600. They appear to be an exact match. What I am really looking for...
  5. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

(Schematic) ../.., ../..V DC, yes and I reread your reply and got what you were saying. I will have to double check that reading to make sure I did it right.
  6. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

Yes swapped out driver tubes. What are you referring to though if I am wrong in my reply?
  7. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

Ok, more follow up on the amp. I have replaced the 6U8A’s with a set of Sylvania 6GH8A’s, not matched but from a set of 5 tubes. I did measure voltages last night with the following results V3/4 1 (255V) 295.3/299.6V DC 2 (55V) 0/0V DC? 3 (32V) 43.6/37.3V DC 4/5 (6.3AC) 3.7/2.6V AC, 4.6/1.6V AC...
  8. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

The amp has been upgraded with the EFB boards, all 3. I am using bias matched 6U8A tubes but was referencing the output tubes. What EL84’s would be good for the amp to minimize hum and provide good 3 D imaging?
  9. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

What would be a good driver tube as a replacement for the JJ's? They didn't break the bank and had favorable reviews online.
  10. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

The tubes are quad matched from Tube Depot and brand new. With my SS gear I always use tone defeat because a good pre/amp will always provide good dynamics. Based on the replies I have received I thought about replacing the JJ EL84’s but these tubes have received good reviews.
  11. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

Dave, I did as you suggested to verify if the hum varies when adjusting the balance control and the hum is equal when favoring one side or the other. It does get louder and is quite noticeable with the volume knob at 12 o'clock. This is with the tone controls out of the circuit. With the tone...
  12. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

Pulled the output tubes and obviously it was dead quiet. Then I pulled the 6U8A’s and there was a faint low frequency hum. Are we trying to isolate the issue to the tubes?
  13. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

It’s a 60 hz hum and does not vary seems continuous. I will remove the driver tubes and report back. Again I would like to thank everyone for their input!
  14. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

I did as you as suggested making sure the high level inputs are grounded to the chassis and it made no difference in the hum. Will continue to redress wiring.
  15. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

I did redress the feeds for the 12AX7’s, maintained a tight twist. I also retraced the ground from the input jacks and they are grounded to the terminal strip per the manual. I also retraced the ground from the hum pots to the EFB board and they are correct. Is there a way to wire this to bypass...
  16. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

I have been reading and what I am taking from it is I need to redress/reroute some wire. Specifically the feeds to the EL84 tubes and the wire to the phono pre tubes. The ground to chassis I believe comes off the EFB cap board. How does my input ground look? I bridged them with clippings from...
  17. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

Some pics and I am using matched JJ EL84’s from the tube depot. The pre tubes are biased matched 6UH8’s, RCA/TungSol.
  18. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

I appreciate every ones replies and I will post some picks. All 3 boards were purchased through tronola so the 7199's are not being used. I did not use shielded cable when I wired the tone controls or for the wires running off the terminal going to the phono preamp. I did purchase some NOS caps...
  19. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

Well I am contemplating what to do with this amp. Last fall I replaced all 3 boards, stripping it down to the chassis and rewired/built it from the ground up. The amp functions but still has a hum. Spent time trying to work through what could be the problem but it’s still there. The hum gets...
  20. Vintagegeek

Bi-Amping With a Multi-channel Amp, Beneficial?

I swapped out the original 12AX7's for JJ Goldpins and the rectifier tube I switched over to an RCA NOS off the bay. I know the rectifier is a 6V but not sure of the exact type without it in front of me. My pre has 3 AX7's and I did put an AU7 in the middle per my friends recommendation. Didn't...
  21. Vintagegeek

I like the Douk pre, point to point wiring, minimal audio path and yes plastic knobs. That doesn't bother me and if I wanted something mnore I would change them out. The sound comes from within and not the cosmetics. The pre was recommended by a friend who is valve only and was very helpful in...
  22. Vintagegeek

Keithg, The Martin Logans and the Harman Kardon have long been departed from my soundspace for quite sometime. Since posting this topic I have ventured in valve amps and more efficient speakers. Currently running a Denon AVC-A1 receiver and a set of Klipsch RF-82 ii. Sounds very good and I have...
  23. Vintagegeek

Akai GX-280D SS RTR

Well I took your advice oldvinyldude and spooled up one of the memorex tapes and started recording from Itunes (computer>DAC>Pioneer SA-2030>Akai RTR). So far the results are very good! I have 700 cd's burned in Itunes in Lossless so there is a variety based on my musical taste. The deck seems...
  24. Vintagegeek

Akai GX-280D SS RTR

i purchased sometime ago and replaced all the transistors on the OP boards. Had a local tech go through it and align, bias and adjust the tape speed. Still having issues with the deck and am looking for a tech in MIchigan to look at it. It came with 32 maxell, memorex and TDK reels. I done some...
  25. Vintagegeek

Tested my new receivers

Love the SoundCraftsmen, very nice!
Back
Top Bottom