Search results

1. Vintagegeek

Project One Mark 600 Reciever

I posted a thread about this reciever right after I picked it up. Since then it has sat idle on the shelf because once turned on there was some audible distortion in the left channel. My research has led me to the telefunken Tr 600. They appear to be an exact match. What I am really looking for...
  2. Vintagegeek

SCA-35

Well I am contemplating what to do with this amp. Last fall I replaced all 3 boards, stripping it down to the chassis and rewired/built it from the ground up. The amp functions but still has a hum. Spent time trying to work through what could be the problem but it’s still there. The hum gets...
  3. Vintagegeek

Akai GX-280D SS RTR

i purchased sometime ago and replaced all the transistors on the OP boards. Had a local tech go through it and align, bias and adjust the tape speed. Still having issues with the deck and am looking for a tech in MIchigan to look at it. It came with 32 maxell, memorex and TDK reels. I done some...
  4. Vintagegeek

Pioneer A-2030

Picked this up yesterday for $20, cleaned the pots and grime off the faceplate and have it paired with a set of klipsch RF-82 ii and wow I am impressed. Not much info on the web and I have done some reading about it’s sibling the SA-3000. I will say it is built like a brick and well thought out...
  5. Vintagegeek

Project One Mark 600 Help

Picked this up on Saturday and have cleaned it thoroughly. Hooked it up today and there is some audible distortion in the Left channel. It was quite grimy but cleaned up nice. Does anyone know where I can get a service manual? Or better yet does anyone have any experience with this receiver?
  6. Vintagegeek

Sansui Quad

I have set the bias and zeroed in the DC offset but am experiencing is a dropout after about 15 minutes of use which last a split second. Not sure what could be the cause and am hoping someone will chime in.
  7. Vintagegeek

Akai GX-280d-ss deck

I just acquired it and have been reading about the transistors on these units. So far I have de-oxed the pots, cleaned the relays and heads. I probably should have left good enough alone but did tweak the playback head alignment. I didn't pay much for the deck and got it from the original owner...
  8. Vintagegeek

QRX-5500

Just picked this up last weekend from the original owner along with a quad RTR. I’ve cleaned it up and sprayed out the pots and switches (deoxit). Really like this receiver and it is my first venture in quad. Since cleaning it up the only issue I have encountered is that after 30 minutes of...
  9. Vintagegeek

5th pair of Magnepans....A charm

Well a couple days ago I purchased a set of MG-1's Improved and am driving them with my ST-70. This is my 3rd set of MG-1's and I have had MG-ll's and MMG's. With each I tweaked to no end to get that elusive "magic" but never achieved it. I have been tweaking placement and have found the maggy...
  10. Vintagegeek

ST 70 Advice

I had my ST 70 serviced some time ago. The person who serviced the amp performed most of the needed updates with the exception of the selenium rectifier. He converted the bias to read actual voltage instead of the standard 1.56V. This week I changed out the can cap, trim pots and selenium...
  11. Vintagegeek

Another Change:)

Audio bliss at the moment:) NAD C 320BEE Amp NAD T 572 CD Changer Klipsch RF-82 ll Project RM Genie 1.3
  12. Vintagegeek

CV D-5's

Picked up a set today in mint shape. Running them with my tube setup and they sound good. Wondering if any has a crossover schematic? LMK
  13. Vintagegeek

Audax Drivers....What to do?

I recently acquired a DIY set of Poly Natalia speakers. Bought them from the person who built them. He followed the original Dick Olshier directions to the tee. They sound nice as they sit now, but speaker design has changed since the DIY for these came out. The Poly's were specifically designed...
  14. Vintagegeek

Dynaco PAS 2 Mod

I am thinking of removing the tone, balance, and filter switches from the signal path on my PAS 2. There are many different ways to do this and I have read Curico's, Latino's, and Audiogenesis's methods to make these changes. What I am looking for is the best method? Each is different but does...
  15. Vintagegeek

Poly Natalia's, Impressions

I picked these up last week for a fair price, morel, audax drivers, Edison post, DIY. They are very neutral but revealing. So far no matter how there placed they are seamless, speakers disappear. When I picked them up the owner was using a Dennis Had amp and B&K pre to drive them. In his space...
  16. Vintagegeek

My systems

Well here the two main systems First, CD System Adcom GTP 400 Adcom GFA 535 Denon DVD 3000 Polk Monitor 20 Speakers Just put this together System 2, CD/Vinyl Marantz 2238b Tascam CD Recorder Project RPM 3 TT Polk RTA 11T Speakers System 3, office Panasonic SA XR50 Receiver Klipsch Quintets...
  17. Vintagegeek

Dedicated vinyl listening

Me and the misses finally got around to cleaning up the mess in the basement. My records have been in boxes since we moved in last August. After a few days of work here's the results. I still have some treatments to do but works great and I have some room to grow:D
  18. Vintagegeek

Solid state/tubes, Wow

Well I have had this amp sitting here for a while and I picked it up with a PAS 2 preamp and FM1 tuner. When I first tried to hook it up, there was a god awful squelch. I thought I smoked the crite tweeters in my Heresy's. I tried to use my 2238b as a preamp with the same results. Well I decided...
  19. Vintagegeek

Latest system cocktail

Marantz 2238b Denon DCD 3000 Transport Project Genie 1.3 TT Klipsch Heresy ll, Bob Crite tweeters Took some tweaking and the system is setup on the long wall in my listening room. The heresy's as you can see are 22.5" off the ground and sound very good. The most pleasant surprise was swapping...
  20. Vintagegeek

Ohm Walsh FRS-11, new to me

I picked up a set of these today for a song and spent some time listening to them today. I am looking for some input on placement. According to Ohm their badges should be aimed so that they cross in front of the listener and 8' apart. Right now the labels are at the front facing inside. I think...
  21. Vintagegeek

A set for Biggles:)

Picked these up last week biggles and like you can not turn down a set of speakers, no matter how rough they are. Cabinets beat but solid corners, torn woofer cone that I have already fixed. Tweeters domes pushed in but I have a set of mint tweets coming to replace. I thought about converting...
  22. Vintagegeek

Lafayette LA-950 Selector switch

I picked up one of these amps in very good condition but the speaker selector switch is shot. Been checking the bay without any luck. Does anyone know of a replacement? It is a matsushita S23 5 way selector, thanks!
  23. Vintagegeek

New Acquisition CS 99A's

I picked these and a set of TF250's for a song last week. They need a lot of love as I started on one speaker finding that the smaller mid has a tear and one of the super teeters is open. The other cabinet is in rougher shape then the one pictured. Corner is mashed and I have not checked the...
  24. Vintagegeek

Dynaco ST 416

I recently acquired this amp and it is cosmetically in very good condition but one channel is out. The prior owner stated he was $400 into it without any success, blows the fuse on one side immediately when powered up. It came with extra parts to rebuild the other PC 28 board as one is done and...
  25. Vintagegeek

Today's JBL Find

Well for fifty bones and a drive I picked these up today, G500's. From what I have read these were the top of the G series in 1998. Everything works and the construction is fairly cheap, pretty standard for this time period. I have cleaned them up and they don't sound bad but not comparable to...
Back
Top Bottom