Search results

1. markk

Carver CT6 preamp power switch replacement?

The power switch on this component is on its last legs. You have to touch it just right to turn on and off. Can anyone recommend a solution? Repair or suitable replacement? Thanks and happy Easter!
  2. markk

Polk 10A

Thanks for the response. I think I will pass on these but if anyone wants them, they are in the Tampa area. PM / email me.
  3. markk

Polk 10A

Found a pair of these painted mustard yellow with floral pattern grill cloths. Yes, I thought the same thing. Beyond aesthetics, one of the woofer/midrange has a thrown magnet. Perhaps available on eBay? Tweeters look corroded. Might need replacing too. Clearly in need of a restoration...
  4. markk

Hey Arts, you convinced me to sell my vintage tube power conditioner. Can you recommend any...

Hey Arts, you convinced me to sell my vintage tube power conditioner. Can you recommend any sites? Best, M
  5. markk

Salvage parts or scrap?

It is a very heavy beast. Like you, I’d rather see it used as intended than break it down. Too bad you are not closer. Perhaps there might be local interest here in California?.
  6. markk

Salvage parts or scrap?

I think so.
  7. markk

Salvage parts or scrap?

I was given a Superior Electric Company IE5101 tube power regulator. I was told to scrap this but I thought I open it up first to see what I could see - besides the electronics, there was a schematic and parts list. see pics. So, chuck it or do I have the makings of a tube amp?
  8. markk

KLH Model 20 rehab

Welcome to the forum! Is there a headphone jack you could listen through? Maybe a bad transistor or capacitor. I’m sure other more knowledgeable folks will jump.
  9. markk

TEAC AG-V2050 specs?

Sweet! Thanks.
  10. markk

TEAC AG-V2050 specs?

Can’t seem to find specs for this unit. HiFi engine doesn’t have manuals either. Thanks in advance! Markk
  11. markk

SoundLab Marquee center speaker

Replace non-polar electrolytic. Issue seems corrected.
  12. markk

NAD 6240 issue

Duncan - Replacing those caps did the trick (C128, C127, C118). I used caps rated at same capacitance but higher V. Thanks for the tip! The deck sounds pretty good too.
  13. markk

NAD 6240 issue

I found C128 (1000 uF) it’s good. Can’t find C127. Notice something odd - see pics. C103 and c104, E101 and E102 missing/removed?
  14. markk

NAD 6240 issue

I bought it for $10 knowing there was this issue. I did give the switch a squirt and a wiggle - nada.
  15. markk

NAD 6240 issue

Deck plays but no sound. Meters are dead. Noise reduction lights up. Checked DC voltage going into board and that checked ok I think … about 15 and 30 vdc. Cracked solder joint? Any help appreciated.
  16. markk

JVC AL-A151BKX issue

Platter begins to turn only when tonearm is moved about half way over the record. Plays fine at that point. How do adjust to correct this? Thanks.
  17. markk

DUAL CS 305-1 questions

Manfred, I respect your amazing powers of observation. However, they are not helpful. What can you tell me about this particular turntable? ;) Mark
  18. markk

DUAL CS 305-1 questions

something doesn’t seem right..?
  19. markk

DUAL CS 305-1 questions

You’re right Manfred! 503-1
  20. markk

DUAL CS 305-1 questions

There’s a used one available. Anything I need to particularly look out for on this model? Ostensibly it works. Can someone post a picture of theirs? Who sells belts? No cover $50
  21. markk

I did contact them and I got a response but my follow up email was not addressed. Issue persists. Hence my OP.
  22. markk

Bought this on a bit of a whim. It has an AC plug in to power the electrostats. It doesn’t sound very loud and doesn’t matter if it is plugged in or not. I pulled the back panel off and looks to be a quality build. Anyone know anything about these an what to do?
  23. markk

Preamp suggestions for ROTEL RB 956AX

Well, I’m wondering what might be a good preamp for this power amp collecting dust. A matching ROTEL?
  24. markk

Speaker build from unknown crossovers..?

I get it. However, we know the crossovers are from infinity 2000.5s and cabinet dimensions could be easily reproduced from spec sheet. Perhaps an oversimplification, but it seems only a matter of finding the correct replacement drivers or originals..? I built new cabinets for some trashed...
  25. markk

JBL M5 tweeter replacement suggestion?

The leads broke free and I can’t see any wires our point of attachment not to mention everything is glued together. I guess I could give it a try.
Back
Top Bottom