Search results

1. The Fez

YAMAHA B-3 on the way...to me!

Yeah! - When I say "replaced" the B-3 that don't mean I sold or let those babies go. Just put them out for a spell, and brought in the Victor. Those B-3 will remain for sure, but you need to rotate the collection at intervals that suits you best..
  2. The Fez

Yes indeed. That is good to get those parts bedded in. Burnt in is good...Burnt out we don't want!! hehe :D
  3. The Fez

Ha!! Very good, very good. I need to do a nice long burn in on that amp when I get it...
  4. The Fez

I have B-2 & B-3. (and A-S1000 & A-S1200) I have teamed these v-fet amps with various pre-amps, run B-2 direct to source, run 1 B3, against 1 B-2 comparison. IME 2 x B3 run in BTL mode, driven by a quality pre-amplifier - in my case a 6SN7 circuit based tube pre --- will simply sound better than...
  5. The Fez

1 B2 will beat 1 B3 -- 2 B3 will beat 1 B2 --- IME.....
  6. The Fez

SONY TA N7B COMPARED TO TA N90ES

Anecdotally -- I think its a general misconception that some folks think that vfets, or amps with vfet power output devices, should not been driving loads under 8ohm. I have read this in comments by people on other forums over the years. I don't know where this notion arised, or from where it...
  7. The Fez

Found another B-2

Very nice -- B2 great amps...
  8. The Fez

Opinions on Technics?

after some time and moving house ..its time to get this Technics fired up again...Looking fwd to it..........
  9. The Fez

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

..You mean the TA-N7..:) ......
  10. The Fez

The restoration of a Yamaha CA-2000 (Japanese CA-2010)

Ultrasonic cleaning...reminds me - due for a clean at the dentist...Excellent thread -- very intense restoration going here ..
  11. The Fez

Opinions on Technics?

I like Technics - The SE-A100 --- brilliant...
  12. The Fez

So What is Still Able to Compete?

Indeed - One of the standouts, that blew so many people away at a recent International HiFi Show in Melbourne was a Revox R2R tape player. Exceptional sound quality that by all accounts bested the most expensive sources and TT's.. Master tapes notwithstanding....But still "old skool" .. :cool:
  13. The Fez

So What is Still Able to Compete?

Its more than parts. Just putting in "new caps" aint going to make much difference to a vintage piece if the design itself is crap. It will still be crap. Same with new components and current hifi. Don't matter if it was built yesterday - if the circuit is not designed well it will not be good...
  14. The Fez

Show us your Technics stuff

15. The Fez

Technics Class AA

I got my SE-A100. What an amplifier it is..More details to come...
  16. The Fez

Jvc a-x9

Friend has an A-X9 coming from a tech soon, so I'll have my first listen...Looking fwd to it -- big time!! One more pic of the JM-S7... I also have the M-L10 on my list....Wonderful beast..
  17. The Fez

Power supply capacitors do matter

What credible evidence do you have to support that claim against Mundorf..
  18. The Fez

Jvc a-x9

I also have a lead on an A-X9, coming out of Europe. Looking forward to adding it to the collection. The design, let alone the sonics, is superb! Talking JVC - Here's another one, well Victor only - Japan only that seriously kicks some butt. The JM-S7 Fantastic amplifier...;):beerchug:
  19. The Fez

B2 pushing top end of Kappa 9. Risky?

To answer your question, risky?, yes -- What you really need to ask yourself is -- is it a risk I am willing to take? Only you can answer that. If you do decide to accept the risk, please report back your results!!
  20. The Fez

V-fet amplifiers - yamaha b-2 v sony ta-n7b

Wow! - This Victor is pretty special. Detailed review and comparison later - but a very quick listen tells me this is one very special piece....
  21. The Fez

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

:trebon:
  22. The Fez

PIcking up my A-s2100 this weekend (currently using A-s2000)

certainly is pretty. I have seen, but not heard all the recent Yamaha amps. Very nice in the flesh. I am soo glad Yamaha in their wisdom decided to retro-design their amps. It was a very wise decision I reckon. Maybe they were thinking that they may even get a repeat client from 1978!-- Well...
  23. The Fez

PIcking up my A-s2100 this weekend (currently using A-s2000)

The A-S3000 is MOSFET same as 2100. Both amps use same devices Sanken MLE20 mosfets.
Back
Top Bottom