Search results

1. Dual

Dual's system

Rack (updated 6-2022) Parasound A23+ amp Marantz NA7004 media player Cambridge Azur 851C DAC/CD player Heed Canamp headphone amp Threshold FET 10/e preamp Parasound JC3 Jr phono Rega RP6 plinth, Neo PSU, Audiomods Series Five arm, Groovetracer reference subplatter & delrin platter, custom...
  2. Dual

Shelter 501 and Accord/Harmony: All low compliance?

That's very helpful. Thank you!
  3. Dual

I can't easily get to the back of my gear any longer, but I believe that my Parasound JC3 JR was set to around 100 ohms. I never fiddled with it.
  4. Dual

I'll try to report on that after I get it installed, but to be honest I am 69 years old and a veteran of rock bands and recording studios so I'm not sure my input is gonna be worth much. The main reason I went with the Accord over the Harmony was the elliptical tip; easier for me to set up...
  5. Dual

Thanks very much for this.
  6. Dual

Thanks– that makes a lot of sense. I got the low compliance idea from Jeff at Audiomods, who helped me set up my arm for the 501. I get the sense I can just leave my arm set up as it is, which is great news since I am now disabled and unable to make significant changes in my setup. So I think...
  7. Dual

ACCORD SPECS Output Voltage: 0.5 mV at 1-kHz 5-cm/second
 Channel Balance: Within 0.8dB at 1-kHz
 Weight: 8.5g
 DC Resistance: 15 ohms
 Tracking Force Range: 1.4 to 2.2g
 501 III SPECS Output Voltage: 0.4mV at 1kHz 5cm/sec. Channel Balance: within 1.0dB at 1kHz Stylus Tip: 0.3x0.7mil Elliptical...
  8. Dual

I recently bought a retipped Shelter Accord cartridge to replace my 501 III. It's hard to find much technical information about the Accord, and neither of the US distributor (RIP?) or Shelter Japan have been responsive. I know that the 501 is a low-compliance design. Does anyone have any...
  9. Dual

Piano & A Microphone 1983 pressing quality

Amazon promptly sent me a replacement which is much quieter. I only got a couple of noises at most
  10. Dual

I'm real sure it's the pressing. It's a very sharp percussive noise on left only. As to 'vault'- I dunno about that stuff.
  11. Dual

Oh that really was dumb of me- apologies. I'll try to edit the subject. Prince's new LP taken from piano demos of pre-Purple Rain material. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_and_a_Microphone_1983
  12. Dual

OMG this was awful. Unfill aplenty, all on the left channel. Big explosions of noise. I returned it to Amazon and await replacement.
  13. Dual

Question about "Leon Russell and the Shelter People" sound: can you check your copy?

When Leon Russell passed a few weeks ago it sent me to my LP collection. I have most of his earlier records, with the notable exception of "Leon Russell and the Shelter People". So I ordered a used copy- now I think I can see why I didn't have it in my collection. The sound is really muffled. I...
  14. Dual

Where can I buy "box set" boxes?

Thanks to all for your input here. Will be weighing my options, but it seems clear that the answer to my posted question is that new, 'blank' boxes of the sort I want are not sold anywhere.
  15. Dual

I tried to change the folder to public, fwiw. I have also written to Stoughton to see if they'll sell samples. http://www.stoughtonprinting.com/vinylrecordprod2.html Thanks to all!
  16. Dual

Sadly, no. They're a manufuacturer, not a retail business. These responses have been informative! I think I will have to follow skizo's lead and repair what I have.
  17. Dual

Thanks. I don't spend a lot of time here, and certainly don't know my way around the new architecture yet. At any rate, think of the Mosaic boxes, or "All Things Must Pass"...
  18. Dual

I'm sorry about the pic. I think I did everything OK. We're both 'subscribers', so that's not it. Thanks for the Bagsunlimited lead but it doesn't look like they have anything.
  19. Dual

I could but I'm not fond of the appearance and worry about long-term storage in corrugated board. I am looking for the types of boxes shown in my just-added photo.
  20. Dual

I have 2-3 older box sets of LP's, from three to four LP's per box, with deteriorated outer boxes. The LP's, sleeves, booklets are OK, I just want to replace the beat-up boxes with some kind of empty generic product. Is such a thing sold anywhere? Box by Dual posted Feb 4, 2016 at 12:01 PM
  21. Box

Box

22. Etnier

Etnier

23. Dual

Subscriber membership. What is it and how do you become one

posted in error
  24. Dual

"Dynaflex" dilemma

20+ carts and styli? The trick is probably to move on.
  25. Dual

Dual's system

Thanks, folks.:)
Back
Top Bottom