Search results

1. Kyluckyman

R.I.P Kyluckuman

Hello this is Bobs (kyluckymans) wife. I am catching up on his favorite forums to inform his friends that Bob died at 130 am Sunday the 12th after he suffered a heart attack here at home while completing his home dialysis treatment Friday night. He enjoyed these forums very much...it filled much...
  2. Kyluckyman

Aerosmith’s Joey Kramer: We’re better than the Rolling Stones

I saw the Stones in 72 and they kicked ass! That show in Ft Worth is my benchmark. I saw Aerosmith many times and feel they were at their peak about 1976 when "Toys" came out. Both are great stage shows but I have to put the Stones ahead of Aerosmith. Saw the Stones on Steel Wheels too. I...
  3. Kyluckyman

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

https://www.discogs.com/Bonnie-Raitt-Lowell-George-With-John-Hammond-Ultrasonic-Studios-1972/release/7785201 What an incredible, interesting recording!
  4. Kyluckyman

Five Favorite Science Fiction TV Series - Mine and Yours

There was a program that came out around 1966 called "Time Tunnel". I really enjoyed that one as a kid.
  5. Kyluckyman

Rat Shack dying

The Radio Shack in my town closed down and moved out a couple of years ago. The only time I went in was to find specialty cables to hook up my computer to my TV. Decades ago they used to sell stereo gear and going then was a lot of fun. How times change.
  6. Kyluckyman

Trying to decide between two turntables

I suggest getting the 1229 serviced and updating it with a high end AT cart. Dualcan did wonders with my 1219 and it runs like it is new out of the box.
  7. Kyluckyman

Dual 1019 spindle bearing and motor lubrication

On my 1219 and 1229, I use sewing machine oil for the motor bearings.
  8. Kyluckyman

Entry-Level Headphone Recommendations

I second the ATH-M40. I have a pair and I've been very happy with them.
  9. Kyluckyman

Dual direct-drive turntables (drive pics needed)

Dualcan (Klaus Adlhoch, former Dual Service manager in Canada) has just what you want on his website. http://dualcan.com/ He restored my 1219 last year and it runs like brand new in 1972.
  10. Kyluckyman

Your fav detective on either screens?

Lt. Joe Kenda. Big fan of the Homicide Hunter series.
  11. Kyluckyman

What began your enthusiasm? i.e. what was the unit that did it?

Around 1972, my mother bought my dad a Dual 1229. I fell in love with it when dad showed me how to use it and I pushed the start lever. That authorative "click" did it for me. Now I own a 1229 myself and a 1219. Love 'em! They spin like tops!
  12. Kyluckyman

Has anyone Aged Beef at home?

He knows his stuff.
  13. Kyluckyman

Audio System For Audiophile Over Age 60, What Would You Buy Or Consider Buying?

I will be 61 in a couple of weeks. I currently run a Dual 1229 with an AT120e fitted with a ATN140lc stylus. It is outfitted with a Dual 2x anti resonator counterweight. Alongside it is a Dual 1219 that was restored last year by Klaus Adlhoch (Dualcan on Vinyl Engine). The 1219 is fitted with...
  14. Kyluckyman

Why Record Cleaning Machines Are A Complete Waste Of Money

I love my Okki Nokki and wish I had gotten one sooner. I will wash a terribly dirty album twice using my detergent/surfactant mix and rinse twice afterwards. I am quite pleased with my results. I suggest the OP experiment and in time will find a procedure that works well for him.
  15. Kyluckyman

CCR's John Fogerty Reunited with Old Friend -- 1969 Rickenbacker

You are right. Sometimes when the hurt is deep it takes some of us longer than others to deal with it. I for one cannot forgive my ex-wife for the stuff she did leading up to our divorce.
  16. Kyluckyman

I just thought of a question:

I have a blended system. My turntables are early 70's Duals (1219 and 1229). My amp is a late model Yamaha ax 596 and my speakers are late 80's early 90's JBL's. I really do enjoy listening to this system every day.
  17. Kyluckyman

What Type of Record Collector are You?

He makes me nervous the way he handles the records. I did not notice any record cleaning equipment in the room.
  18. Kyluckyman

What Type of Record Collector are You?

I am part completest, audiophile and nostalgist. I lost a very nice record collection in a house fire back in 1996 and since then tried rebuilding my collection when favorite copies turn up at record shops, cl ads, EBay or Discogs. Back in the 80's when cd's came out, folks were unloading...
  19. Kyluckyman

Boston Butt!!!

Pecan is my favorite smoke wood. On hamburgers it imparts a flavor to die for. On the Boston Butt the results are incredible. 12 hour smoke is needed for that cut.
  20. Kyluckyman

Record cleaner

I used a Knosti for a year. It does a good job but the downside is cycle time and drying time. If you can afford it, get an RCM. I have an Okki Nokki and am very impressed with it. I like being able to clean and dry a record just before playing it.
  21. Kyluckyman

Northwinds is all that!!

I have dealt with him a couple of times. He sells good stuff. I do wish he'd hang on to his turntable.
  22. Kyluckyman

Getting an ATN140lc for my AT120e cart

Hi Manfred! I know you from posts on Vinyl Engine! I hold you in high regards for your knowledge of arms, tables, carts and stylus'. I really got serious with stereo after my business unit went out of business and since I was on dialysis decided to retire. I have loved Dual tables all my life...
  23. Kyluckyman

Getting an ATN140lc for my AT120e cart

I am quite pleased with the cart I got from Montycat on this forum. The stylus is very good and it has rendered me several great vinyl rips for the wife! (You know- I can't listen to this in the truck because it's not on cd). I wanted to step up the upgrade chain and the ATN140lc seemed like a...
  24. Kyluckyman

Well, that was a heckuva game.

I thought it was a great game and we were tooting for Atlanta. I knew it was probably going to be close as I thought the Patriots would be over confident and the Falcons very hungry. I kind of expect Brady to announce his retirement as it is not often one can go out on top. I expect Atlanta...
  25. Kyluckyman

Steely Dan Aja vinyl distortion defect??

I played my ABC AR 1006 copy on my Dual 1219 with an AT120e cart set w VTF 1.4 grams and it played perfectly.
Back
Top Bottom