Search results

1. the-real-mandak

Did Yamaha make....

Yes, analog EQs do degrade the sound (many digitals do too). You can get analog mastering EQs that cost a fortune and do less harm, but Yamaha never made any - not for consumer or pro market. They did/do make EQs, but not in this quality. Some setups do have large issues where a "normal" EQ can...
  2. the-real-mandak

MX-1000 or M-85

I also had a popping noise problem in one ch. with my M-85, it turned out to be a loose solder on the board for the popping ch.
  3. the-real-mandak

B&W Matrix 802 s3

thx botrytis, I have already been in contact with reconingspeakers.com aka. the speaker exchange. They do not have the part. There are a few places that repair the old drivers, but I am hunting for new parts. trm
  4. the-real-mandak

B&W Matrix 802 s3

Hi there. I have run into a problem with one of these, the bass units are fried and it seems there are no more replacements to get from B&W service. The US homepage does say they have, but after a request they informed they no longer have them (they checked bough US and EU). Last e-pay auction...
  5. the-real-mandak

Yamaha literature

What happened to vintage-hifi.at ? Site seems gone.
  6. the-real-mandak

Is The YAMAHA MX1000 The Best AMP From YAMAHA?

This wise statement by Caver a Pass was done long before the loudness wars went digital and the brick wall or heavy compressed mix was implemented in 99% of all pop music. As an example the record Les Paul & Friends: American Made World Played (2005), is so heavily compressed that if you...
  7. the-real-mandak

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Well the MX-2000 is kind of a one of model, not really connected to other amps than the MX-10000 and B-2x. But so far away from them, that I don't think it can be called of the same family. However it do share a design feature with the B-2x, A-2000 and MX-10000; the class A circuit. This...
  8. the-real-mandak

The MX-2000 treats me quite nice, every day it reminds me of nice people. At the moment she is hooked up to a pair of TDL Studio 1, CX-1000 and CDX-993. Not much changed here, only additional Yamaha gear is a pair of HS8 and a DM2000 - but they are set in there own room (rebuilding it at the...
  9. the-real-mandak

You just have to wait 15 - 20 years and buy them used as vintage gear ;-)
  10. the-real-mandak

Yes it is: http://usa.yamaha.com/news_events/audio_visual/yamaha_unleashes_flagship_s3000series/
  11. the-real-mandak

Yamaha M series and MX amps

motorstereo not really, some times people get lost and then polite people show them on the right way :-) But you are welcome. Dr.Ear; yes I think you are right, the B-6 does not do that well with low ohms but really wll at higher ohms. The X-power design is by Nissho Electronics Corp, but was...
  12. the-real-mandak

But it still sings and reminds, every day ;)
  13. the-real-mandak

motorstereo there is a nice thread about Yamaha pre's here, some how it seems to have slipped past the transfer of Yamaha stuff from the vintage thread when the Yamaha forum was created - but here it is: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90830
  14. the-real-mandak

Hmm.. people.. the OP is asking about power amps, not pre amps. And specifically M vs. MX series.
  15. the-real-mandak

Yamaha CX-1000 DAC issue

CX-1000 dos 32kHz, 44.1kHz and 48kHz auto switch - so hard to do wrong.
  16. the-real-mandak

Is The YAMAHA MX1000 The Best AMP From YAMAHA?

Toobzman; you are forgetting the connection between the B-6 and the MX-1000, If I remember correct the work with X-Power in the B-6 led to the Advanced Power Supply Circuitry (APS) used in the MX-1000. So it is not entirely as simple as you put it, Yamaha had a series of statement amps as they...
  17. the-real-mandak

I am tempted to add "and remember to use liquid diamonds in the cables, or you will not hear any bass" but.. I will not do so... :-) In stead I will add, that bough the NS-10 and NS-1000 are speakers witch do well on an amp with plenty of headroom. But I have not seen the OP state anywhere...
  18. the-real-mandak

Is it just bad luck, or do Yammies break a lot?

Well try and look at the date of birth of the units you have and tell me how much other gear in this price range is running today without any service. And to top it off, how many brands still support their gear/customers 40 years down the line? They do not have parts for all units, but they...
  19. the-real-mandak

The MX-1 has a good reputation, but as being the last of the big ones it also is quite expensive. Yamaha did not make a new power amp design until the MX-D1 (about 15 years after the MX-1). I would properly also pass on a M-70 and aim on either a M-80/85, 60/65 or M-2, but it also depends on...
  20. the-real-mandak

The MX-2000 is indeed nice, but they don not go for cheap. One of the good things is that if you buy an old Yamaha amp at an ok price, you will properly be able to get the investment back (give or take a bit) when selling it again. So look at the price of sold units, this will give you an ideer...
  21. the-real-mandak

Just remember the info comes from Yamahas sales and states why to buy the new instead of the old :-) The main thing is the Hyperbolic Conversion Amplication Circuit vs. the true class A of the lager M-series amps. (The M-85 does 30W class A). Some say the MX-1000 is a bit tighter in the bass...
  22. the-real-mandak

Yamaha CX-1000 DAC issue

It can a bit of a pain to get into the digital board, lots of screws. Do as elektronror writes, but also check any lose cabling inside.
  23. the-real-mandak

Yamaha NS-10 the story

Tissue Paper... you need Tissue Paper :-) http://www.bobhodas.com/examining-the-yamaha-ns-10m.php
  24. the-real-mandak

Yamaha NS-10 the story

No, I don't really know anything about the NS-8. I might be able to dig something up, but I have never seen any in any studios.
  25. the-real-mandak

Yamaha NS-10 the story

I don't remember if I ever posted this link here on AK, but it's a really interesting read about the NS-10 from the pro world perspective. Note that the article was printed in 2008, so not that old at all. Have a nice read. http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep08/articles/yamahans10.htm
Back
Top Bottom