Search results

1. malamute

Sansui TU-717 service/overhaul advice wanted

Wow. What a coincidence. My TU-717 dropped the right channel today when fiddling with the Output Level. Hopefully, cleaning and some DeOxit will do the trick. Luckily I have a 517 as a spare.
  2. malamute

Looking for first DAC

I got the SMSL B1 as my first time DAC to go with my Sansui AU/TU-717 combo. It's probably the best $60 bucks I've spent on audio. Does exactly what I wanted it to do; which was to stream stuff from my phone. I've also started to bring it to work as a headphone amplifier for my Sony XBA-A2...
  3. malamute

Sansui SLP 5000-BT

Then my quest shall go on...
  4. malamute

Sansui SLP 5000-BT

What's up with this? https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-function-SLP-5000BT-Japan-Domestic-products/dp/B06XNLKRDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499707979&sr=8-1&keywords=sansui+turntable This may be easier to buy than a SR-838; but less of an adventure.
  5. malamute

BA-5000 Sighting

I was minding my own business; dropping off my AU-717 for some cleaning and service. I walked into the next room and there it was a BA-5000 CA-3000 combo loafing about on some Diana Krall. It sounded better than I thought it would. I now have a new equipment goal.
  6. malamute

Local Repair Needed In Detroit Tri County

http://www.cherish44.com/ He's in Lansing; so it's a little bit of a drive.
  7. malamute

Modern Pre-Amp Suggestion

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought about posting to another forum, but really wanted advice from the Sansui group. Who else would you trust to get in-between your Sansui's? That's why I posted it here. I can buy an Oppo all-in one disc player and run the Front L/R outputs into the Aux...
  8. malamute

Modern Pre-Amp Suggestion

What would be a good modern (HDMI inputs) pre-amp that would slip in nicely between a AU-717/TU-717? I'd like it to be the same width and have a black face. Kind of like a Sony TA-E77ESD. More for two channel sound than home theater.
  9. malamute

Earbud Recommendation Needed

Sony MDR-MB90EX. Japanese model - no microphone. These have been hands-down the best IEMs I've ever owned. 16mm driver so the bass is amazing after initial break-in. I'm thinking about moving up to the three driver hybrids (XBA-H3) with the 16mm drivers; but the $300 cost holds me back.
  10. malamute

Show Me Your Sansui!

11. malamute

AU-717 set near mint.

I got my combo in much the same way. It was underpriced as well; but even when advised, the seller was just glad it went to a good home.
  12. malamute

Please Recommend a Pair of In-Ear Phones

My everyday, do not leave the house without them IEM's are Sony MDR-MB90EX. They are a Japanese export model, but you can find them on Amazon. No microphone, but they sound so nice, I really don't care. $85ish. The 16mm drivers take a good week to open up properly. I would just load up...
  13. malamute

Toasted AU-117II

I came home to my garage amp making a hum. It makes the hum no matter what, no volume, hi volume, all input sources. Seeing how it's a AU-117, does it make any sense to fix it or should I just buy a 217 or a 317?
  14. malamute

Anyone here buy the BA, CA, TU trio?

rfj1862... He's asking what speakers to hook up to them. :)
  15. malamute

Sansui AU series

My garage system is a AU-117II/TU-517. I have a pair of JBL CF120's. It's as loud as you want to be in the garage.
  16. malamute

The Day

The day has happened to me. It's the day the 717 decided it will not come out of protect mode. It has only stumbled a couple of times in the past, but now it won't come back. The relay clicks like it wants to go, but doesn't latch. No funny smells or smoke, so hopefully it hasn't given up...
  17. malamute

AU-717 problems with humidity??

Mine does that once a year, usually when it is above 90 and I don't have the A/C on. I know it has to be rebuilt, and I know who to use, but I just can't stand to be without it. I'll clean it out again this week, and check the bias. Last time I was able to hit 20mA on both channels.
  18. malamute

How much longer will FM radio be around?

I think about the future of radio at times, but not for too long. Then I take down my newly restored 1932 Belmont Model 50 and see what station is the most distant on the dial. Sometimes it's the simple joys that keep me from worrying about the future.
  19. malamute

Vinyl on FM?

I've caught WLAV (Grand Rapids, MI) playing off vinyl on Saturday mornings. They were playing Pink Floyd and I pointed it out to my wife. I'm glad there are other people out there who can hear this too. Matthew
  20. malamute

Show Me Your Sansui!

Merry Christmas!!!! I know you aren't supposed to stack anything on a amplifier, but llamas are light. Tis the season!
  21. malamute

HD Radio is here to stay!

22. malamute

HD Radio is here to stay!

I have a super cheap-a$$ Dual car stereo with BT and HD radio built in. I am in the Grand Rapids area, so I get a fair amount of HD stations. There are a couple of awesome ones; the HD2 feeds of 96.1 and 105.7. 96.1 is classic alternative and is my current favorite station. I'd say the mix...
  23. malamute

Sony STR-DB940

Just a thought here. The unit is from 2004. Thats only 7 years old. Even with a nice expensive high end receiver, they must have not used quality components, or a good design for it to fail after 7 years, and need servicing prior. I understand components do fail over time, but for such a high...
  24. malamute

Sony STR-DB940

First of all I want to say, that I didn't want to be in this deep, this soon. I just wanted to design a speaker or two, maybe a crossover. But this reciever of mine needs to be fixed. It has angered me enough, and I don't want to give it the easy out and buy an new one. So here we go...
  25. malamute

New to Sansui

It is an improvement over the stock Ipod. Vocals seem to jump out of the speakers, chellos and strings pop out, snares sound crisp. I disable the eq on the Ipod and run no loudness or tone on the amp. I don't have any vinyl or turntables, so I don't know if an Ipod does any better than a...
Back
Top Bottom