Search results

1. malamute

Sansui SLP 5000-BT

What's up with this? https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-function-SLP-5000BT-Japan-Domestic-products/dp/B06XNLKRDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499707979&sr=8-1&keywords=sansui+turntable This may be easier to buy than a SR-838; but less of an adventure.
  2. malamute

BA-5000 Sighting

I was minding my own business; dropping off my AU-717 for some cleaning and service. I walked into the next room and there it was a BA-5000 CA-3000 combo loafing about on some Diana Krall. It sounded better than I thought it would. I now have a new equipment goal.
  3. malamute

Modern Pre-Amp Suggestion

What would be a good modern (HDMI inputs) pre-amp that would slip in nicely between a AU-717/TU-717? I'd like it to be the same width and have a black face. Kind of like a Sony TA-E77ESD. More for two channel sound than home theater.
  4. malamute

Toasted AU-117II

I came home to my garage amp making a hum. It makes the hum no matter what, no volume, hi volume, all input sources. Seeing how it's a AU-117, does it make any sense to fix it or should I just buy a 217 or a 317?
  5. malamute

The Day

The day has happened to me. It's the day the 717 decided it will not come out of protect mode. It has only stumbled a couple of times in the past, but now it won't come back. The relay clicks like it wants to go, but doesn't latch. No funny smells or smoke, so hopefully it hasn't given up...
  6. malamute

Sony STR-DB940

First of all I want to say, that I didn't want to be in this deep, this soon. I just wanted to design a speaker or two, maybe a crossover. But this reciever of mine needs to be fixed. It has angered me enough, and I don't want to give it the easy out and buy an new one. So here we go...
  7. malamute

Sansui Tu-517

Sorry not to versed enough in tuner jargon to search properly. On my recently aquired tuner (which I am very happy with) something strange is happening. On a mid to low signal strength station; as I approach the center of the tune meter, the tuner wigs out and kind of "clicks" out of...
  8. malamute

West Michigander

First post, very happy to be here. I like clean sounding amps and loud efficient speakers. Ever since I was 14 I have had something that could play Joe Satriani through headphones. I listen to everything from Charlotte Church to Slayer. I enjoy NPR as long as they play music. Current...
Back
Top Bottom