Search results

1. Galaxie65

Help Please: I have access to four woofers LE15A (two need voice coils); two Midrange drivers 375 and two horned tweeters 075; Crossovers: LX5 & N7000

Wow those would fit perfect in the empty JBL C60s I’m selling off. I agree with everyone else to snag them while you can.
  2. Galaxie65

I need some help! Recapping some Mastering Labs crossovers.

Hey folks, So I want to know what people would suggest for recapping some Mastering Labs Crossovers. I have two pairs of them that I intend to use with some Altec 604E and some Altec 604C. Does anyone have some suggestions on what caps to use? I want to have the best results for my system...
  3. Galaxie65

Can someone tell me how much are these tannoy speaker worth?

It really depends to be honest. The market for larger speakers is all over the place. Last time I saw any of these they ranged from 2-3500. I have seen several ads asking 6-7K but all expired or still up with no sales. So is say 2500 would be a good start and see what you can get. If you are...
  4. Galaxie65

Audio as a hobby is dying ... ?

Haha, you know I ll be happy to head over and pick them up!
  5. Galaxie65

Well I fell down another rabbit hole…..

It's on my jaw/teeth from when I collapsed last year and fractured the jaw and broke about 8-10 teeth. So I'm hoping that I won't be down too long but still have enough energy to tinker on my stuff and keep me busy. Fingers crossed!
  6. Galaxie65

Yeah I’m pretty excited about the Empire. I have always enjoyed them as well. Picked up a Marantz 250 and a set of McIntosh ML-1C speakers today. Having fun before my surgery so maybe I can keep myself busy!
  7. Galaxie65

Thanks everyone it’s been a whirlwind with all that’s going on. I’m going to take it slow and see what I can figure out. I have some work coming up and surgery so it might take me a couple weeks.
  8. Galaxie65

I haven’t a clue lol. I’d like to get a full service on the McIntosh gear that I plan to keep. Then work my way to restoring the other pieces and decide what to keep.
  9. Galaxie65

Pics of the C50s
  10. Galaxie65

Soooooo. I was helping this lady over Facebook after she was shunned and called a scammer after asking for help. She had a father in law pass away and wasn’t aware of what to do with his speakers (JBL C50s). I messaged her and gave her some advice and direction on what would be best for her and...
  11. Galaxie65

Finally, I found another single speaker that I have a match for!!!!!

Off the top of my head, they have in each cabinet: Altec N-800-E Altec 803A Altec 802C Altec 811-B
  12. Galaxie65

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. I have some work to do but I'm excited to have the chance to bring them back and restore them. It will take me some times to get to these projects as I got a lot of events I will be gone for. I'll try to keep folks updated on the progress when I'm able to...
  13. Galaxie65

So I have had several single speakers I’ve the years and even some currently. However I finally came across another Altec 832A Corona… so now I have a pair!! It will take some work to restore mine and match the other. But I’m excited and thrilled to have the pair and can start the process. A...
  14. Galaxie65

Precision Acoustic Labs, massive speakers follow me home.

Good eye, those are actually a pair of ADS L730 that sound incredible.
  15. Galaxie65

That’s everyone lol, yeah my garage is a little…full in that background… It’s worse than it looks, that back rack is filled with every model of Dynaco speaker in the A series. These PAL speakers are very interesting. I’m still learning all I can but they are really fun. Once I get some time...
  16. Galaxie65

So this isn’t my first run in with this brand. In fact a couple years ago I had a small set that I was really impressed with. They were a local company that was high end and built these incredible speaker housings. They are cast out of pure aluminum if I recall. It was something named...
  17. Galaxie65

Uh oh! I finally got some Mastering Labs Crossovers!! What should I do?

So I finally got a pair of these Mastering Labs Crossovers for my Altec’s. I have a set of 604E’s and a single 604C that I’m eventually going to find a mate for. With these, is there any recommendations before using them? Just want to make sure I’m thinking ahead before just tossing them in...
  18. Galaxie65

Dynaco PAS4 Problem

Hey everyone, I just got a Dynaco PAS4 and I have an interesting problem. When I power it up it shows a green light for the 45 second warmup then switches to red. Is there any obvious issue that could be causing this issue? I would have assumed it would be opposite and just remain red after...
  19. Galaxie65

Yesterday’s Deal of the year for me to be “Continued” again

Thanks everyone. It’s always fun and the chase can always be fulfilling. Working on a deal for some JBL Olympus and some other gear. Depends on condition but we will see what happens!
  20. Galaxie65

Thanks everyone, it’s been a fun time getting back into the game! Picked up a really cool find for 30.00. Looks to be an original Maxell poster we all can appreciate. Then I snagged a pair of Klipsch RF-15 towers for 30.00 as well. Should be a fun time to clean them up and pass them along to a...
  21. Galaxie65

Hah yeah that’s true. This is my second pair of B4000s I currently have. Might have enough to build a small home
  22. Galaxie65

So I found an ad for free speakers. I could see if was a set of Wharfdale WD40 so I was interested. They also had a set of no name small speakers, nothing special. As we got to talking they asked if I wanted some big speakers. So of course I agreed and turned out to be pretty cool. Snagged a...
  23. Galaxie65

That’s the only way I would seal the deal lol.
Back
Top Bottom