Search results

1. Galaxie65

I need some help! Recapping some Mastering Labs crossovers.

Hey folks, So I want to know what people would suggest for recapping some Mastering Labs Crossovers. I have two pairs of them that I intend to use with some Altec 604E and some Altec 604C. Does anyone have some suggestions on what caps to use? I want to have the best results for my system...
  2. Galaxie65

Well I fell down another rabbit hole…..

Soooooo. I was helping this lady over Facebook after she was shunned and called a scammer after asking for help. She had a father in law pass away and wasn’t aware of what to do with his speakers (JBL C50s). I messaged her and gave her some advice and direction on what would be best for her and...
  3. Galaxie65

Finally, I found another single speaker that I have a match for!!!!!

So I have had several single speakers I’ve the years and even some currently. However I finally came across another Altec 832A Corona… so now I have a pair!! It will take some work to restore mine and match the other. But I’m excited and thrilled to have the pair and can start the process. A...
  4. Galaxie65

Precision Acoustic Labs, massive speakers follow me home.

So this isn’t my first run in with this brand. In fact a couple years ago I had a small set that I was really impressed with. They were a local company that was high end and built these incredible speaker housings. They are cast out of pure aluminum if I recall. It was something named...
  5. Galaxie65

Uh oh! I finally got some Mastering Labs Crossovers!! What should I do?

So I finally got a pair of these Mastering Labs Crossovers for my Altec’s. I have a set of 604E’s and a single 604C that I’m eventually going to find a mate for. With these, is there any recommendations before using them? Just want to make sure I’m thinking ahead before just tossing them in...
  6. Galaxie65

Dynaco PAS4 Problem

Hey everyone, I just got a Dynaco PAS4 and I have an interesting problem. When I power it up it shows a green light for the 45 second warmup then switches to red. Is there any obvious issue that could be causing this issue? I would have assumed it would be opposite and just remain red after...
  7. Galaxie65

Yesterday’s Deal of the year for me to be “Continued” again

I got lucky and picked up a Fisher 500C, Ampex 1080 reel to reel, Garrard 80 MKiii W/Lab 80 tonearm, Empire 888 cart, a box of new Ampex tapes, some accessories, and full documentation on all the gear. Grand total? 300.00 bucks, and they refused when I tried to give more. They were incredibly...
  8. Galaxie65

Uh oh, another Altec itch I couldn’t help ….

So I couldn’t help myself as usual, but I have always wanted to snag a cool pair of Altec speakers. I have a set of Altec Verde’s that I enjoy but always keep my eye out. So another buddy had a set of Altec Malibu’s that I had to have. So I had them shipped to me but need to restore them. One...
  9. Galaxie65

Not sure what I should do…

So I seem to have a curse of sourcing all the single speakers out in my area. I have atleast a dozen and my newest one is the Acoustic Research AR-1. I am torn if I should source a single to make a pair, or just cut it loose for someone else. Anyone have some advice that might help me figure it out?
  10. Galaxie65

Picked up another tube tester…

So I picked up this tester off the cuff without thinking about it too much. It’s a Western Electric (Hickok made) KS-15560 tube tester. I didn’t have time to think and paid 150.00. The guy looked like he was needing cash and I figured it was worth a shot. I couldn’t test anything and sometimes I...
  11. Galaxie65

Linn LP-12 turntable tonearm help

I have a chance to pickup an Audiomods Series 6 tonearm that’s 9”. Would this setup be a good fit for my LP-12 Linn? Currently it has a vintage Keith Monks Pivot tonearm assembly. I just want to make sure that I’m thinking clearly before making a poor choice. The Keith Monks tonearm uses liquid...
  12. Galaxie65

My Dynaco find

Well I had a fun day meeting a gentleman that was very nice. We chatted about audio for awhile and I ended up buying more than I anticipated. I initially came out to buy a set of Dynaco A50s and a set of A10s. I’ve had both before and really liked them. I sold off the 50s years ago and wanted to...
  13. Galaxie65

I finally got one!

Well I wasn’t looking for anything in particular but ended up making a trade. It was really fun to work out the details and I think I got some great stuff. Here is what I traded off Marantz 2015 W/Cabinet (perfect condition) Marantz 2250B (very clean and working) Kenwood KA-7300 W/ Factory...
  14. Galaxie65

Things that follow you home….

I have no idea what the problem is, but things are just following me home. I didn’t know it until I got home and well, guess I need to give it a home. But now I need another to make a match. can’t complain hehe.
  15. Galaxie65

Uh oh. I can’t seem to help myself

I tried, I really tried to run away. But I was chased down and bound to these enormous speakers. The day before I was hit with a stack of equipment that screamed out for help. I enjoy the hobby so much and the people I meet. It’s such an enjoyment that I wish I could do it for a career. If...
  16. Galaxie65

Beatles white album?

So I’m not so familiar with the variations. I picked up one today and was curious if anyone could give me some insight and possible value? I attached the pics for review and would be happy to get more if needed. Anything would help and I appreciate it!
  17. Galaxie65

The Friday Fisher Find, didn’t think it would happen.

So I woke up around 630 or so this morning out of the blue. Something made me check Facebook marketplace, and I see this It was posted at the time I saw it about 11 hours prior. I laid my head back down thinking it was long gone. But I couldn’t help myself and sent a message. While I’m...
  18. Galaxie65

What are the odds of finding a single Marantz Model 9?

I have a buddy that has a single and he wants to trade. My question is how hard would it be to find a single to make a pair and really enjoy it? I know it might take some time but just trying to get a gauge of what the odds could be.
  19. Galaxie65

Something followed me home, pretty impressed so far

So on a whim I picked up this Marantz and I have to say I’m pretty impressed with it. I’m going to clean it up and go through it but I think it’s a possible keeper.
  20. Galaxie65

I think I have a problem, which project to start?

So I’m starting to think I have a problem with tube gear lol. I’m not sure what piece I should start restoring. Anyone have some input? Here is my project rack for the time. This doesn’t include the Eico ST-70 or the Fisher KM-60. Here they are Here are the ones finished, I just...
  21. Galaxie65

Sold off my Sansui G-9000 and found something else …

So I sold off my G-9000 to a guy that really wanted it. I had it all serviced and it was in really nice shape. It was hard to let go but I can’t keep everything right? Well I came across another one but the European model and DB to boot. Not sure what I should do with it. I was debating on...
  22. Galaxie65

Anyone know something about these?

So I picked these up (4) boxes sealed, of some AMK DS-64C speakers. I honestly haven’t a clue about them. Apparently they are each powered and use something called Dante interface with cat5. Can someone tell me what I have or how it’s used?
  23. Galaxie65

Picked up some Marshall pieces.

I couldn’t help myself, I ended up with these for about 1500. I have a soft spot for them and I feel confident it was a good deal. It’s been awhile since I’ve picked up some musician gear but the thrill was fun. I’m pretty sure the head is a Marshall Super Bass 100 watt and the cabinet is a...
  24. Galaxie65

Sometimes things pan out, an audio journey

So I was just working away trying to figure out what I’m going to do with a lot of my gear. I’ve been selling stuff off and trying to decide what I want to keep and sell. I wanted to drum up some money for my wife’s birthday. We are going to Vegas to celebrate and she deserves it. Well I came...
  25. Galaxie65

Cerwin Vega adventure,

So I saw an ad for a Pioneer SX-1080. I asked the guy if he had any other gear since I couldn’t afford the price you wanted for the 1080. He said yeah and told me to call him. We got to talking and it turned out he had 2 pairs of CV D9s not listed. So we got to chatting and he made me an offer...
Back
Top Bottom