Search results

1. blistabusta

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

Fresh mod of a mod from David Wilson. SMART #0007.
  2. blistabusta

RT 1011-Help cleaning toggle switches

I have a feeling that after all the time that has passed since you posted this question, that you have found the answer to your issue. For those that are looking for a way to clean these switches, here is the procedure that we use in our shop. 1. Lay the unit on its back with the bottom of...
  3. blistabusta

Sansui 1000A Distortion From Reel To Reel Signal

I, roughly, worked up an L-PAD module last night....and it works beautifully. Thank you for your suggestion.
  4. blistabusta

All of your responses are much appreciated. I will try the L-PAD route. I have tried all of the remedies listed above except the addition of an external attenuator without result. Thank you.
  5. blistabusta

Thank you for your response. I have calibrated the preamplifiers on all of my tape decks where 3 o'clock on the front panel output control produces 0.744mV. Even with the output control set to 8 o'clock I get this distortion through the Sansui. Could I have an impedance mismatch between my...
  6. blistabusta

I would not say that I have tons of experience with the Sansui 1000A receiver but I have recapped and tuned three of them over the last couple of years. I really have a thing for this model. All three of the 1000A units that I have rebuilt share a particular problem that I cannot figure out...
  7. blistabusta

Challenge Scott 380r Power Switch

Back to the earliest part of this thread. I have disassembled the power switch in my Scott 380R and cleaned the contacts. I have it back together and it works great. My problem is that someone has clipped all of the wiring for the speaker selector switch and I have no idea what color of wire...
  8. blistabusta

Yamaha CR-640 is blowing a fuse

Thanks for the tip.
  9. blistabusta

Yamaha CR-640 is blowing a fuse

I've been running this Yamaha CR-640 receiver, that I bought at a garage sale, non stop for about a week and everything was going great until today. The lights are on but no one's home. I'm not getting any signal through to it and no signal out. I opened it up and noticed that one of the two...
Back
Top Bottom