Search results

1. TravAndAlex

Dynaco ST-35 Build – DG Style

Sorry. My bad. I believe the new transformers from Dynakit are 4/8 - doesn’t say on the transformer page but is listed in the specs for the amp kit.
  2. TravAndAlex

Not sure if I’m interpreting your question correctly, but there are two output connections for speakers on the back: 4 and 8 Ohm. The OPTs typically support both.
  3. TravAndAlex

Yes. Absolutely. All you need to build it.
  4. TravAndAlex

I did a total rebuild with Dave’s boards and recommended parts list as well. Also using it daily and nary an issue. Love it!
  5. TravAndAlex

2215b Amplifier board repair - From no sound to distorted sound - help?

I haven't pulled the outputs, but I have tried headphones and it plays fine through headphones. Is it necessary to pull the outputs as well and test this again? Not sure what you mean by "the finals, if you measure Hfe, are they similar to each other?" Before I did anything, I did go over all...
  6. TravAndAlex

Unfortunately I'm stalled. Hoping someone who has solved this issue will chime in. I've seen a few posts with this issue but no resolution. If I get to the bottom of it, I'll post the solution!
  7. TravAndAlex

No worries dude! We haven't gone too crazy... yet! :P I'm just glad this is going to be a bedroom system, or I'd really be impatient to get it working again.
  8. TravAndAlex

M701/702 are 6v lamps on the amplifier board that act as fuses for the circuit. Is that what you are asking?
  9. TravAndAlex

Yup. There's a good breakdown of everything done in the quote on post #24. Tried TAPE OUT and it sounds fine through another amp.
  10. TravAndAlex

Here's what I used for 705/706: KSC1845FTA Both are replaced. I tested the lamps and both test continuous in the circuit. Removed one and tested and got the same result.
  11. TravAndAlex

Nope! Could these cause the issue? I assumed they just functioned basically as fuses on the board.
  12. TravAndAlex

It does seem to be a bizarre one. Although judging from those other threads I've found, not particularly unique.
  13. TravAndAlex

Replies all in the quote below:
  14. TravAndAlex

Here's the details of my order (all Nichicon): 1 493-11057-ND CAP ALUM 3300UF 20% 100V RADIAL 1 Immediate 0 8.67000 $8.67 2 493-15153-ND CAP ALUM 330UF 20% 63V RADIAL 2 Immediate 0 0.92000 $1.84 3 493-11026-1-ND CAP ALUM 220UF 20% 63V RADIAL 3 Immediate 0 0.91000 $2.73 1 493-10998-1-ND CAP...
  15. TravAndAlex

Dagnamit. Just changed all the electrolytic caps on the power supply board. No improvement. Should I be concerned: the manual states a 220 uF at C808, but there was a 100 uF in that spot. I changed it to the 220. Will this cause any issues?
  16. TravAndAlex

Diodes and caps ordered for the power board. I'll keep you posted! Thanks guys.
  17. TravAndAlex

I liked the idea! Unfortunately no improvement after a liberal deoxiting and testing on Speaker B. :( Also, just double checked with a different pair of headphones and speakers. Still distorted bass through the speakers and not through the headphones at moderate-loud levels. After giving...
  18. TravAndAlex

Marantz 2245 - Occasional Distortion on One Channel

Keep us posted! My 2215b has an odd distortion when bass is present (see my ongoing thread for details).
  19. TravAndAlex

Hi Guys. Sorry for the long time before a reply - finding time for projects is proving challenging but I do have a few minutes today. I appreciate the help! Voltage at pin J706 on the amp board is: 52.2v DC (to ground). Is there a list of voltages on pins somewhere for this receiver? I...
  20. TravAndAlex

Just googling and boy does this sound like the same issue: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-2226b-distorted-right-channel.545381/ And this: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/distorted-marantz-2216b.290975/ Of course, no resolution on that thread.
  21. TravAndAlex

I haven't touched any of the other boards. Worth a try! I'll report back. On second assessement, it is fairly distorted at anything but the quietest of volume.
  22. TravAndAlex

Unfortunately, I did not, and as I pulled parts I just dropped them all in a bag. No way to tell what was where originally anymore. I did test the resistor values before doing any changes and all seemed in order.
  23. TravAndAlex

I did. Measures 0.010v across R735 and R736 after adjusting R727 and R728. One was at 0.07 and the other was 0.09 before adjustment.
  24. TravAndAlex

Unfortunately no scope at this point. :(
  25. TravAndAlex

So I've had a 2215b sitting on a basement shelf for a couple years. Picked it up broken inexpensively because it made no sound. Tested the preamp section by terminating the 3 conductor cable to the amp board to RCA jacks temporarily and all seems well with that half of the equation. Tested...
Back
Top Bottom