Search results

1. s-petersen

LONG SHOT: Schematic needed for a Rock-Ola 41056-1-A

As well as expected, retiring in August. The XYZ IIRC ran a little different bias, a little different gain as well and as what you said, a re-pinned 5881, also a little taller? I have been into shortwave, jukeboxes, and repurposing some Wallboxes lately
  2. s-petersen

Hi Tom, The Rowe 7868 is a popular 35 watt amp for sure, converted to 7591 they are easy to keep running. Thanks!
  3. s-petersen

Please Help Identify DeWALD Integrated Tube Amp, and <MYSTERY> tubes

A few years ago I had a cabinet for that (I believe) I was wondering what the amp looked like.
  4. s-petersen

Cost to sell on eBay

I Had sold a lot of stuff on Ebay in 2012, and had no issues and received good money, but then the fees increased substantially and Piney Bowes started stealing tube equipment that were sent using the global shipping program, so I stopped using them. Soon I have to sell again as downsizing is in...
  5. s-petersen

I know this is a very old thread, but did you ever get it going? Convert it? I just got one cheap, it needed a separate filament transformer to work, but it is working enough to get sound out. what I'm wondering is, if with just the 12AT7s and El84s are used,would there be enough gain as an...
  6. s-petersen

Mystery amp

Does it feel a little heavy for it's size?
  7. s-petersen

Turning a fully functional Pioneer ER-420 Receiver into a power amp... yea or nay?

I had a Pioneer SX-82 that also looked that bad, and I just saved the transformers from it, and sold off some parts to someone that needed them. The transformers are in a box for someday (I'm retiring this year)
  8. s-petersen

Help with DIY EL84 power amp made from Pioneer ER-420 Receiver

Almost that simple, you would need an input capacitor,(.1) and a 100k resistor to ground from the input grid. you would also have to adjust the resistors in the voltage divider as there is less load on the power supply.
  9. s-petersen

Anyone recognize these chassis from a console pull??

The amp bears a resemblance to a Motorola, maybe an SE version of this: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/194255-pictures-of-your-tube-amplifiers/page/5/#comment-2535889
  10. s-petersen

Precision Fidelity M7A amplifier schematics and info needed

Overall the amp is pretty good, the series Photoflash caps were the downfall of the one I have, once the leakage became unbalanced the better cap would over volt and short, then the other would short as mine did. I built a cap board to replace the original caps, and still have not installed it yet.
  11. s-petersen

Precision Fidelity M7A amplifier schematics and info needed

I was lucky, I found it pretty quick. The site compressed the images, send me a PM with your e-mail,and I can send them directly uncompressed
  12. s-petersen

Please help the AK Database!

Not really a review, but at least some info https://audio-database.com/SANSUI/amp/au-alpha707dr-e.html
  13. s-petersen

1958 Philips F5C10A Tube Amp / Speaker

I was able to open the schematic, and it does seem to use an output transformer and inductor in the output circuit, the schematic looks close enough to your amp to use for repair.
  14. s-petersen

I have not seen a circuit that used a choke with an output transformer, but the choke could be connected to b+ at the same point as the output transformer, to power the other part parts of the amp / preamp
  15. s-petersen

Is the output transformer separate from the speaker? In the original thread I didn't remember that there was one.
  16. s-petersen

RCA Radiola 18 and 103 loudspeaker

The tubes are actually the last 2 digits as far as a tube tester is concerned UX227 is a 27 as an example. Edit: didn't see Gadget's post, sorry!
  17. s-petersen

Attention Fairchild Freaks!

I know this isn't Fairchild, but it is just as rare. No affl...
  18. s-petersen

My 260s didn't have labels either, I saw a pair with the early labels, and I had a set made of brass at a trophy shop. After looking around it seems as though the gold foil label was the only one for the 275. People have also made cages for the 275 also
  19. s-petersen

I would do a complete restoration, both cosmetically and electrically, if you are planning to keep them, If resale is your plan, cosmetic restoration may slightly reduce the value of the better one
  20. s-petersen

Beat me to it!
  21. s-petersen

Looking for a schematic for hybrid GE stereo console T60 amp

I tested the phono and radio, they are equally low in volume, the preamp and driver are on the same board as far as I can tell. I can try to inject at tha volume control wiper and see what happens. I think it has output caps, which I already replaced(but not tested yet) 1000u@50v.
  22. s-petersen

Looking for a schematic for hybrid GE stereo console T60 amp

Hi, I am working on a GE hybrid console, it has low muffled volume on both channels. I am unable to find a model number, but some possible chassis numbers are J18501 (tuner) J18204 (preamp), the amp is called a T60. It has a porta fi transmitter (tube) and a tube tuner. The preamp and outputs...
  23. s-petersen

FAKE AMPEREX?

Dave451 That looks original to me, many of mine look that way.
  24. s-petersen

Any die hard tube guys ever use solid state gear for part of the year

For summer I am now using a Quad 405, with matching Preamp, FM and AM tuners, Tubes in the spring, fall, and winter
Back
Top Bottom