Search results

1. JoeDotCom

Chicago Area/Southern WI AKers - February 23, 2019 - Save the Date

Thanks for the DM, and i just found this thread. I am going to do my best to get up there for a few hours among the family commitments I have on that day. and Kudos to your budding DJ.... I run the DJ club at my high school and it is a an awesome and fun outlet for these students to get their...
  2. JoeDotCom

Any Interest in Another Chicago-Area Get Together?????

The Superbowl is feb 4th. Feb 10, 11 or 25 look best to me, but I'm flex on most of the other weekend days too.
  3. JoeDotCom

Dual 701 blowing fuses

Thank you for the confirmation All. :) I am reading that the headshell may be glued on there? I was hoping to dig up an old cartridge to try things out, but that may not be an option if I am reading right (http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/shure-v15-type-iii-du.322685/). Would it...
  4. JoeDotCom

Dual 701 blowing fuses

That might explain why it sounds like crap when it does track. Honestly I'm not Shure ( :p ) what I'm looking for, but here are some close ups from my cell. I don't think I see a diamond there.
  5. JoeDotCom

Dual 701 blowing fuses

Thanks Tom! I stuck with it and replaced the Capacitor at c3 and that did it! Now its is spinning fine. I saw that the Steuerpimpel was disintegrated (after learning what a Steuerpimpel was). I read i can use some other items around teh house to replace that, so I will wait on that. I...
  6. JoeDotCom

Dual 701 blowing fuses

Hi Friends, I have a Dual 701 that is blowing its internal fuse. I read some helpful info over at this thread: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/dual-701-start-problems.260330/ I replaced c52, the 0,0047u capacitor in the power supply. The power supply is outputting 22.2v. But it...
  7. JoeDotCom

Dual 701, start problems

FYI I ended up ordering https://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=0218.125HXPvirtualkey57610000virtualkey576-0218.125HXP and https://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=0219.125MXAPvirtualkey57610000virtualkey576-0219.125MXAP Hopefully I have my bases covered. :) UPDATE: No...
  8. JoeDotCom

I'm flex on event date. Just let me know when it is so I can come jammmmmmm! :)
  9. JoeDotCom

Dual 701, start problems

Thanks to everyone who replied in this thread. I am working on a Dual 701 currently. It had a blown fuse. I replaced the fuse with one from the hardware store that was .250a instead of the needed .125A just to test it out. That may not have been a great idea as the unit powered on but began to...
  10. JoeDotCom

I know I have not been active here lately, but I'd love to jam some tunes with old and new friends!
  11. JoeDotCom

It's getting to be that time of year; I am itching for some good sounds with good people. Does anybody have anything in the works for a gathering this time around?
  12. JoeDotCom

Prisoners brings the groove!
  13. JoeDotCom

sounding good. #AKwardselfie
  14. JoeDotCom

This will be my 4th or 5th year in attendance. Definitely my favorite event of the year! I hope I didn't stay too late last time. We had some wicked tunes playing in the lower level after dark last year. :-P I know they are pretty common, but is anyone interested in seeing a Technics 1200 MK...
  15. JoeDotCom

Old acoustic panels

Hi, room treatment gurus. I acquired some old acoustic foam from an area tv studio that was closing. Aside from being a bit dusty, they are also a bit discolored. You can see that they look green up front, but their natural color appears to be blue when looking at the back of the panel. They...
  16. JoeDotCom

JoeDotCom fails to deliver!!!!!

Mr. Marley, Thank you for your interest in the Pioneer SX-980 that I had listed in Bartertown. Again, I apologize for withdrawing my willingness to ship. This receiver is VERY dear to me (I mentioned to you the long process of rebuilding the power supply that I went through). I know you are...
  17. JoeDotCom

Chicago-Area AKers - Save Saturday, February 22, 2014

IPhone jam session still going strong!
  18. JoeDotCom

Soniq Bloq Copyright JoeDotCom 2014
  19. JoeDotCom

It's getting funky in here!
  20. JoeDotCom

Bel canto s300i class d (60x2 at 8ohms) into KEF 50