Search results

1. Mancave Man

Tuners?

I have been using a Yamaha T-85 for about 30-years. I recently bought a Parasound Halo T3 on ebay. Looking forward to trying it out.
  2. Mancave Man

DeanG

I would send him a PM on the Klipsch Community Forum.
  3. Mancave Man

Klipschorn score

Nice. Let us know what you decide to do with them.
  4. Mancave Man

Belles

I have ALK extreme slope crossovers in my Khorns. I like to crank it up once in a while.
  5. Mancave Man

Picked up pair of rough La Scala -vintage 1979

I just did a major overhaul on my KHorns which included the Crites 1526C cast frame Woofers. They work perfectly. The improvement in bass is subtle but there.
  6. Mancave Man

Klipschorn memories

WOW! Wife bought Khorns for husband. That has to be a rare occurrence.:D I remember the first time I heard Khorns was in the home of my stereo equipment dealer (in the late 70's), that I bought my stuff from. I was blown away by the visceral experience. It was the first time i felt bass in my...
  7. Mancave Man

Modern bookshelf speaker recs please

Monitor Audio BX2 are in your price range. Worth an audition.
  8. Mancave Man

Monitor Audio Bronze - Good Value

Congratulations. Good to hear you are happy with them. I have a pair of BX2's and am also happy with them.
  9. Mancave Man

Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 impressions

I've had mine for two years and am very happy with them. I'm powering them with a Marantz PM6004. When I first auditioned them I had to ask the guy if he was running a subwoofer with them.:D
  10. Mancave Man

Finally heard Klipschorns!!!

Post a picture of the setup.
  11. Mancave Man

For the Klipsch fan

I like it.
  12. Mancave Man

Why are the older speakers...

Good catch.:D
  13. Mancave Man

Why are the older speakers...

What's not to like?
  14. Mancave Man

What's in your unused speaker pile?

(2) AR19B, (2) JBL HT4V, (2) JBL HT5, (1) JBL HT4H, (4) JBL S26, (2) JBL S38, (2) JBL HTPS400. All are in great working condition except the HTPS400's. One has a bad driver & the other a bad plate amp. They are back up parts for the ones in service in my HT.
  15. Mancave Man

Kipsch Heritage have to have tube amp?

I've had my Khorns since 1988 and have always used Yamaha separates to power them. I'm using a CX-1000 preamp & B-6 amplifier now and they sound great to me. To each his own.
  16. Mancave Man

Your first "hi-fi" speaker...and journey

I started in the late 70's with JBL 4311's, Yamaha IA (can't remember the model number) & Yamaha YP-D8 (still have the YP-D8).
  17. Mancave Man

Klipschorns!

I've had mine since 1988. Still going strong.:D
  18. Mancave Man

Yp-d8 tt

Congratulations. I bought mine new in 1978. Still works & sounds great.
  19. Mancave Man

Yamaha YP-D8 and YP-D6 Question

You're welcome, glad I could help.
  20. Mancave Man

You've got mail.
  21. Mancave Man

Will do.
  22. Mancave Man

It looks like it's mounted the same way to the tonearm. I have an extra original YP-D8 head shell. I've had my YP-D8 since 1978 and the original headshell lifting lever somehow became detached. After many months of searching, I found a replacement on ebay. If you're interested and can wait three...
  23. Mancave Man

Crites CW1526C

I've had my Khorns for 25-years and am concerned about the condition of the speaker parts. I got a pretty good deal on a NIB pair of CW1526C's on the Klipsch forum. I'll let you guys know how it works out.
  24. Mancave Man

Crites CW1526C

Thanks for the feedback guys. Maybe I'll stick with the mid upgrade plans.
Back
Top Bottom