Search results

1. srb02

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

enjoy Ed Sherran. some well mixed audio, and great sound from XMas LP. tubes and my Infinity Reference II's. "Shivers" is a real favorite.
  2. srb02

Why is it so hard to wind good transformers?

my 2 cents on transformers, and OPT's. I have a set of Toroidy SE 5k air gapped OPT's. they have served on several bench mock-ups. wonderful sound. sitting here, if someone wants to give them a try and listen, i'll loan them out. Woodward-Schumacher, now Schumacher Electric. had a conversation...
  3. srb02

KT120/150 SE UL Build

well update 12/02/2020: power transformer cooked/fried when our electrical meter fried itself, during an electrical storm. only item is the house to go down. go figure. so ordered new tranny from Edcor, almost 7 months to get, and been sitting on it for a year now, getting up the ambition to...
  4. srb02

Emit-R for Reference Six dilemma

i have pair, used/run daily. once you get them up and running, and if you decide to keep, i'd recommend stocking up on drivers. I have a pr. of Emit-r's, and one of each of the other drivers. as I decided I was keeping mine, front mains in my 5.1 system, they have lots of WAF, nice flat tops...
  5. srb02

Kegger/blueglow kt88 project

Kegger always advised me to go with 6 OHM units on SE-UL amps.
  6. srb02

Infinity RSIIIa Restoration

the foam factory
  7. srb02

Infinity RS-II restoration project advice sought

pm me, I may have a source for grill frames......
  8. srb02

new album, sounds stunning.
  9. srb02

Phone Pre-Amp ?

You might look at a Schiit Mani. They really do sound quite nice, for not a lot of money.
  10. srb02

Preamp needed for turntable?

I have a tubes4hifi PH-14 preamp. Not enough hours on it to really give an opinion, other than it sounds nice. My first phono pre-amp, and short money, and really like is a Schiit Mani. Way better than one of those Orient hybrid pieces. (Nobsound, etc.) my 2 cents, Stu
  11. srb02

Single-Ended KT150 Monoblocs?

I listen to one, almost every day. It is a beautiful sounding amp.
  12. srb02

Infinity RS4000 veneer

brunomarcs: Nice.....really like the color/design
  13. srb02

The RS-II and Tube Amps

yup, you got me :music::music:
  14. srb02

The RS-II and Tube Amps

I run my RSII's, daily w/ the amp pictured in my signature, (https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/kt120-150-se-ul-build.734130/) w/ a "tubes for Hi-fi" PH-14 pre amp, and an old Technics SL-D205 turntable. I just queued up Andrea Bocelli: Believe, (xmas present), I'm sitting here in...
  15. srb02

KT120/150 SE UL Build

Oh yah, sorry nerd, yes main holes under mounting plate cut w/ hole saw. My plate is .125 T-6 aluminum, and a sharp hole saw turned "SLOWLY" cuts like the proverbial knife thru butter.
  16. srb02

KT120/150 SE UL Build

I bought a .100 Carbon Fiber "Plate" (that's what they call it), 10" square. Brother has a 6 axis router milling table, he wrote the program, and milled out the plates. I looked long and hard for someone to "hydro dip" the transformer end bells, and have them look like carbon fiber. Found one...
  17. srb02

KT120/150 SE UL Build

looking good. here's hoping she makes music at the flip of the switch....:beerchug:
  18. srb02

Great tunes. Love listening to Steve Perry.
  19. srb02

Really like this album.
  20. srb02

KT120/150 SE UL Build

Sure, I'll be happy to help, what I can.
  21. srb02

Why No Love for Toroidal OPT's ?

I have a pair of "Toroidy" 5K--8 ohm SE OPT's (confirmed, air gaped) I got several years ago, Kegger said he had a "special" schematic he wanted me to try. Alas, that didn't come to pass. These guys are really big in Europe for tube transformers. They are in Poland. I have stuck them into...
  22. srb02

What volume do you set the PC at?

Guess I'll be odd man out here: 75%
  23. srb02

Bruce Hornsby and The Range
  24. srb02

RSII owners....

mid point on both.
  25. srb02

Been a while, new project...RSII

:lurk::lurk: Love mine, wouldn't part with them, ever...... This winter I'll be re-capping them. my two cents, Stu
Back
Top Bottom