Search results

1. L

1070 - Decreasing volume on right chanel

my 1070 is fixed !! I finally spotted the exact source of failure with a frozen air bomb : the HE02 transistor. Changed it and amp could sing all night :music: Another man happy, thx to the AK community :thmbsp:
  2. L

Marantz Connections

I agree with Ruxman here, but I'm curious : would you have a picture of those connectors ?
  3. L

1060 preamp very quiet

Hi Dug and welcome ! If you don't have 1060 user manual and schematics yet, both are available here : http://akdatabase.com/AKview/thumbnails.php?album=1 I would first deoxit switches and try to move them every position to point a bad contact somewhere. Then, to test the power amp part...
  4. L

I finally finished the PE01 board recap, and amp is still working ! Quite a good news, but the original problem is still here. I now think about changing transistors on that board : 2SA763 and 2SC1328 models. 2SC1328 are easy to find but 2SA763 production seems stopped for a while now ... I was...
  5. L

Marantz Service Manual error thread

New error found while recaping : 1070 SM says CE05 and CE06 caps are 47uF/35V. Still in SM manual, both EU & US schematics + my 1070 amp caps tell 4.7uF/25V instead.
  6. L

Hey everyone ! I almost finished the PE01 board recap, but could'nt try it yet : I found another error in 1070 service manual. The CE05 and CE06 caps aren't 47uF/35V. Both EU schematics & my amp have 4.7uF/25V. So I need to get those two missing caps to finish ... (Schematics for US version...
  7. L

Thx again Tom ! I didn't follow your advice about film caps. My local shop didn't have some so I took nichicon FG for the 1µF ones (that I'll replace later by film caps) and elna silmic II for the rest. Both channels will be re-caped as I don't want them to behave in a different way. I'll...
  8. L

You mean replacing capacitors on both channels, but transistor only on failing one, is this correct ? To understand what I'll be doing, what stacked film caps would give compared to an electrolite one ?
  9. L

Please find attached the schematics I use to follow sound path in the circuits (taken from user manual, not service manual) To me, Volume, Balance, Loudness, Bass/Mid/Treble and filters are OK. So I'd suspect PreAmp or ToneAmp. Looked for some bad caps or bad solders but didn't see any evidence...
  10. L

Thx Tom. I was able to adjust the second offset using J724. Would you have a clue of what I should check regarding my decreasing sound level issue ?
  11. L

After another tour of the service manual, I decided to set the different voltages (idling current, DC-Offset and power supply). I noticed something very strange for the second DC-Offset adjustment : between R724 and ground voltmeter shows between 930mV and 1220mV when moving R712. Here we should...
  12. L

Hi SB Marantz, thx for the tip. As reversing channels from preAmp/mainIN bridge reversed the problem I wasn't thinking about the protection relay. I'll clean it anyway tonight, from what I read I have the milky plastic version that cause lots of issues. [edit] Few hours later, I'm back home...
  13. L

I finally got my DeOxit can so all RCA contacts, switches etc. have been cleaned since last post. But after a 2 hours play, problem appeared again. A a bit of reading in the forum gave me the idea to reverse left and right channel from the preamp output/amp input. As a result, the left channel...
  14. L

Hello dear AK community ! I'm new here and used forum contents these days to help me buying my first Marantz (hum yeah, already planning to get some more :D ). So, already a big thx for you all here ! About that amp, its a 1070 as stated in title, the european version (im in France) so you...
Back
Top Bottom