Search results

1. EK517

Running a phono stage on DC

Hi, I have 2 phono stage preamps: ART DJPre2 Rega a2d The ART can take both AC and DC power. The Rega comes with a 24v AC walwart. The Rega produces a slight hum, not at normal listening levels though (the TT ground is connected), but still... According to this, the AC rectification...
  2. EK517

Technics overhang gauge

Hi all, Looking at the specs on VE's tonearm database, except for the original model, the SL 1200 mk2 through mk5 arms are 230mm effective length, 215mm pivot to spindle and thus 15 overhang length. There is that little plastic Technics SFK0135-01 Overhang Gauge for SL-1200, I assume it is...
  3. EK517

is transmission fluid good as lube for platter bearing?

Hi I got a little sample of dextron3 from a mechanic. Do you think it would be good for oiling the platter bearing on a technics 1900 /thorens 145 TT? Thanks, Erez
  4. EK517

Grado F3+ upgrade options

Hi all, My Technics SL-1900 came with two heads: a Grado F3+ and a Nagaoka JT411. Not a lot of info on the latter, but what little is there I could glean was not very favorable. The Grado sounds better, clearly. According to lpgear, the 8MZ stylus and Blue would fit the F3+ cartridge. Is...
  5. EK517

Back to vinyl (Technics SL-1900)

Hi all (again). It has been a long time since I posted here. Last time it was about my Sansui 517 amp, wonderfully restored by ScottRT. I moved a bit since then, Prague for a while and now Israel. I picked up the turntable from my parents' place. A Technics SL-1900. I grew up listening to it...
  6. EK517

517 set up, kudos to Scottrt

Hi all, I recently bought an AU-517 on ebay, it looked nice, but I expected to have it restored as ~30 years is enough time to get most of the caps dry. My criteria was operational, good faceplate and from a seller with good ratings. Even un-restored, while the bass was very weak, the amp had a...
Back
Top Bottom