Search results

1. B

Any info on Lancer 400 speaker? Pics included. Zero online info.

Did a search here and online and nothing on this model. Lancer 400 speakers. Soundcraftsman from what I find made Lancer? Not sure if these fall under that umbrella. Look to be Vinyl cabinet and my guess would be cheap drivers. Most of the Soundcraftsman/Lancers I dug up did not have...
  2. B

Reasonable Price Sansui TU-717 restored by punker x

What value would you put on a TU-717. Was restored by Punker X a few years ago and still working as it should. Average shape and no major issues/damage. No rack handles. Search brought up various 717 threads but none really fit this description. Thank you in advance for your help.
  3. B

What is a reasonable price for Sansui G-871 DB

What is a reasonable price for Sansui G-871 DB. Looked at completed/current for sale comps. Not a piece you see for sale very often to find recent comps on. Fully functional, average condition overall, basic service about 6 months ago.
  4. B

Cartridge ID help. Pioneer MZC

I picked up a Pioneer PL-3000. Has a Pioneer Cartridge with stamping MZC. A quick search does not turn up much. Any thoughts or info on this cartridge? As always thank you in advance for your help. Picture is not the best but only markings I could find. Pioneer is stamped in, MZC...
  5. B

SX-1080 and SX-1050

Any idea of value for these? Looks like 1080 parts unit seem to be $600 and up. 1050 $500 and up. They are both partially restored (not sure on quality of work) not sure to what extent, was a father son project that fizzled out. Cases on both have issues but complete. Face-plates fairly...
  6. B

DCM TF-1000 woofer replacement or possible re-cone/repair

Did the best I could digging through AK with no search function. Have a pair of TF-1000's with one speaker woofer cone torn. Speakers are in great cosmetic condition so worth the time and $$ to get them up and running correctly. Replacement woofers seem to be hard to come by. From what...
  7. B

Clarke Systems Premiere value.

Any idea what these may be worth? Clark Systems Premiere.
  8. B

Thomas America of Music Receiver model 3010 anyone have any info.

Stumbled on a Thomas 3010 receiver. Clean and works. Did a search to try and find specs. I see mention of the 2011 and 2012 models and B variations of those models. Zero mention of the 3010 anywhere I can find. Hifi engine has some info on the 2012 as well. Made (Taiwan) by Thomas...
  9. B

Looking for restore/repair person in Mass NH area. Suggestions?

Just moved from TX to Nashua, NH recently. Looking to have a few pieces of gear restored/repaired. All Solid State receivers/integrated (Pioneer/Kenwood). Any recommendations? Would drive a few hours or so if needed. Thank you advance for any help/guidance. Brad
  10. B

Totem Sttaf Tonsil driver needed

Have a pair of Totem Sttaf speakers. One of the "woofers" is bad... Tonsil GDN 13/40/2 40w 8 ohm. I have searched and found one place in Germany where they are available. No response regarding shipping me a pair. I have a price from an authorized dealer and wondered if they were...
  11. B

DCM TF-1000 add 5 way binding post couple questions on how to proceed

Looking to upgrade original spring speaker terminals to 5 way. The negative post is broke, have it and the spring but the tab that it pivots on is broken. Looks as if the terminal (red/black) block is most likely glued to the speaker terminal cup? Looked at other TF restoration threads and...
  12. B

Help ID'ing these speakers.

Is a 5 piece set that was in the background of some other stuff I am trying to buy. Asked about them and got a pic, no info on make/model. Seller is not one to share much info... surprised I got a response at all. Trying to figure them out prior to making the trip one evening this week...
  13. B

Sund Faded Speaker Cabinet Next step when Howards does not do the trick?

Have one cabinet on a a pair of speakers that has some sun fading. You can see in the pic the side that was exposed. Even the wood support bars in the grills helped keep the original dark finish. Cabinets are in fantastic shape outside of the fading. Howards (Mahogany) did help freshen...
  14. B

Aurex Toshiba SS-810 speakers

Aurex Toshiba SS-810 speakers Snagged these from a local estate sale last week that was less than 2 miles from where I live. Cabinets and grills are in fantastic shape. Only a few small imperfections. Pots need cleaned.... drivers all work. Original owner and had sat in the same spot in their...
  15. B

Interesting Mid Century Modern Speakers Make/Model?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/141131871082232?ref=search&referral_code=undefined Interesting set... wonder who makes them? Homebrew set?
  16. B

KEF XQ Five, XQ One, XQ2c setup

Considering pickup up this setup and trying to come to a fair price for all 5 pieces. Condition is 7/10. All complete and functional. Standard graphite grey color. No boxes or paperwork. Original owner. Pair of the XQ Fives Pair of the XQ ones Matching XQ2c Would $1000 be a fair offer...
  17. B

Bogen TA-100

Did a search and found nothing. Is offered as part of a few pieces of gear that a guy wants to include as part of a trade. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.
  18. B

Sonos Playbase is something wrong with it?

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum. My father in law gave me his Sonos Playbase. Was in an extra room and seldom used. Hooked it up today, listened a few minutes.... was enough. Then ran the "autotune" software ran it a few more. Not impressed at all. I have a $100 vizio...
  19. B

HIgh Power Monitor Studio Series 800 .....never seen these.

Stumbled on these locally for sale. Never heard of them and zero info online with a quick search. Few pics for reference.
  20. B

ProAc Studio 140 speakers

Looking at purchasing these along with another piece of gear. Any idea what a fair offer would be?? Did a search.... solds are no where to be found. Currently for sale turned up nothing in the US. These are the first series not the Mk 2. Black Ash. Clean, orig owner, has...
  21. B

Upgraded SX speaker plugs w/permanent binding post

Mods if you feel this would be better viewed elsewhere feel free to kick it there. Did a quick search did not see these listed. Upgrade no doubt. Maybe others have long ago figured this out, if not wanted to share. Own several of the SX series receivers that take the PITA speaker plugs. I...
  22. B

Yamaha NS-1000 ebony missing tweeter

What would be a fair offer on these? Grills complete and included and in decent shape. Allegedly all other drivers work. Decent shape overall, not perfect but presentable. $250 or less for a replacement tweeter.
  23. B

JBL woofers re-foamed using cloth not original foam replacements. Standard practice? Upgrade?

Not mine and dont know seller. Just found the story interesting and has me thinking. Hope linking this is ok: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1191281554546763 Interesting story on the woofers being re-foamed by JBL. Says that they were sent to JBL and they were re-coned and cloth...
  24. B

Speaker ID help. Curtis Mathis?

Saw these pop up today. Love the grill pattern. The brick pattern grill comes out and the cloth is not attached to grills. Like the grill inserts. But the cabinet would take some getting used to. Any clue who made these?
  25. B

Proper repair of cracked paper surround

Have a Frazier 7 surround that has 2 cracks on the surround. Neither go all the way to the edge. Search bring up quite a few ideas: Shoe goo Black fingernail polish Black RTV Coffee filter or lens wipe and hobby glue If I can avoid it would rather not have it refoamed to keep these...
Back
Top Bottom