Search results

1. theophile

Ariston history

I rarely post on AK anymore but I would consider it an honour to say both how really sad it is to hear how your father was treated by people he dealt with fairly and in good faith, plus how delightful to have the truth exposed after half a century. The rumour was always that your father drank...
  2. theophile

What is this tonearm I found on a Planar 2 ?

Mayware Formula 4. I think.
  3. theophile

Air Supply, A Band that I never quite "got"

Zombie... Yes the famous musical genre: the Leg Opener Do not think that Australians like them automatically. Nor Men At Work. Heck I only like one AC/DC album. The first after Bon froze to death. Thank GOD we had decent music a decade prior with Aussie head turners The Easybeats. New...
  4. theophile

how to subscribe

Thanks brother.
  5. theophile

how to subscribe

Is it possible to purchase a subscription for another member?
  6. theophile

how to subscribe

I don't know whether it is possible to put a notice on the account upgrade page to the effect that subscription renewal options only become available after subscription expiration date. That notice would sure bring many into the correct understanding.
  7. theophile

Stereo's effect on the brain

I know this one. It's called gettin' old.
  8. theophile

AR7 vs AR-18... which are better?

A lot of East Coast companies had two way speakers which omitted any crossover element on the bass/mid. Not just AR. Mind you, they all derive from the same inspiration.
  9. theophile

how to subscribe

Well that makes it kinda simple. Many thanks for the clarification. I can see now(oops) that my sub has expired previously before I would look to renew it. Perhaps by one day or so. By design I timed the initial purchase of my subscription to fall close to our version of July 4. Which itself...
  10. theophile

how to subscribe

My sub runs out in 15 days. I can access the Account Upgrades page which states that I am paid up to the 27th of this month but no active link on that page. I have a PayPal acc. Walk me through who to nominate the PayPal payment to. What email address I need to inform Grumpy. Tell me in a...
  11. theophile

Will Smiths home studio

I heard he has problems with slap echo.
  12. theophile

Inherited some vintage equipment - Marantz 7, Thorens 124, Fisher 600-T, TEAC A-2300S

Don't accept the many low ball offers you will get. Find out(not in this thread it is against forum rules) the going value of the items.
  13. theophile

Luxman C-5000A preamp.

RIP.
  14. theophile

SL 1200G vs GT-2000

Manny I'd say get the Technics. Look at the What HIFI link I posted about the ultimate 1200 https://www.whathifi.com/news/best-technics-sl-1200-turntable-ever-made There is wiggle room to upgrade the new 1200. It is a high, high quality turntable at a bargain price and will not go down in...
  15. theophile

SL 1200G vs GT-2000

I don't know anything about the new 1200 series chassis. Given the well earned kudos that Technics have applied to the platter/motor/arm of the new 1200s I don't doubt that they have endeavoured to much improve the chassis isolation and materials. These new 1200s are a different beast to the old...
  16. theophile

SL 1200G vs GT-2000

The tonearm on the new 1200G(not talking about the 1200GAE here with its Magnesium version of the same arm) looks like the old DJ 1200 arm but is much better quality. Big kudos to Technics for taking the time and effort to present higher quality to their new customers. The new 1200 series have...
  17. theophile

SL 1200G vs GT-2000

Platter: The Technics has a much improved platter over the DJ Technics 1200. Kudos to Technics. A GT 2000 has the option of two platters; A stock standard, extremely high standard 6.5 Kg Aluminium platter or a Yamaha optional platter upgrade: The YGT-1 gunmetal 18 Kg which was always available...
  18. theophile

SL 1200G vs GT-2000

https://www.whathifi.com/news/best-technics-sl-1200-turntable-ever-made
  19. theophile

SL 1200G vs GT-2000

I'd be tempted by a 1200 GAE if I didn't own a GT2000...
  20. theophile

Stereophile reviews new Technics 1200 GAE turntable

I don't think a person could go wrong buying either the new Technics or a GT2000. The advantage being that the Technics is brand new not 40 years old. I might be tempted by the Technics. If I didn't own a GT2000(wink).
  21. theophile

JVC AX-Z1010TN-Volume pot damaged during shipping! Fixed!

OJ. Have you web searched Paradox mod for Z1050 at all?
  22. theophile

Kenwood L-09M

Hook the L-09Ms to the L-07C. Don't use the receiver ever.
  23. theophile

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

I have rapidly improved. Still in the best place for my care. Many, many, thanks for the best wishes all.
  24. theophile

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

Vielen Dank Wolfgang. Early discharge is the last thing I require. Unbelievably a Doctor told me at midday that he had decided to discharge me to home. I had an experience of being slammed in the rear of the head by a very large full size telephone book swung with full force. I was temporarily...
Back
Top Bottom