Search results

1. johnnyboy70

Mcintosh 2100 thoughts

Thanks all for the information. At the moment I will be using my 4100 as the preamp but will spring for a matching Mac preamp later in the year. I'm wanting to do all separates.
  2. johnnyboy70

Mcintosh 2100 thoughts

Thanks for all the information. Much appreciated. Can't wait to pick up this amp and see what it's capable of
  3. johnnyboy70

Mcintosh 2100 thoughts

It wouldn't make a difference to me. It's what I've read on other sites including Audiokarma. I do have a Fisher 500c
  4. johnnyboy70

Mcintosh 2100 thoughts

Thanks for the feedback! I've heard the autoformer power amps are tube like. Maybe that's just a thing they say about older amps? The 4100 isn't all that warm. Seems more detailed than the other amps I've owned.
  5. johnnyboy70

Mcintosh 2100 thoughts

I'm thinking about picking a clean Mcintosh 2100 if I can find one. Right now I've got a Mcintosh 4100. How would they compare sonically? I think the 2100 has around 100 watts vs 75 on the 4100. Been wanting to try separates for some time and thought this would be the most economic route I could...
  6. johnnyboy70

Klipsch Cornwall 1 Warped Cane Grill solutions?

Hey Pete. Sorry I missed your post! I'm going try to flatten them and will let you know how it works out. angle irons and clamps hopefully will do the trick
  7. johnnyboy70

Thanks Pete! If I can't manage to straighten them out I will def be in touch.
  8. johnnyboy70

I wish I had the know how to make some new frames. Getting the cloth I imagine is no issue for me it's the building of the frame. Let me know if you take order requests!
  9. johnnyboy70

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that over the weekend. Hopefully it'll flatten out. Love the sound of the Cornwalls. Just want them to look as good as they sound. Best, John
  10. johnnyboy70

I just picked up some beautiful 1984 Cornwall 1's from Chris C here in NE Ohio. These speakers came with the cane speaker grills and are starting to warp outward. I've tried using some heavy duty velcro to get them to stick with no luck. Anyone here have any solutions or tips they can give me? I...
  11. johnnyboy70

Mcintosh 4100

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm used to posting in the Sansui forums as they were mostly my setups. The 9500 moved downstairs and the 4100 is in my main setup. I have the new Wharfedale Lintons. I was surprised how much more bass the Mac had compared to the modern Yamaha 1200 with the Lintons...
  12. johnnyboy70

Mcintosh 4100

Just got a Mcintosh 4100 handed down to me. It's my first Mac that I've ever listened to. I can see what all the fuss is about with Mcintosh now. The 4100 beat my newish Yamaha AS 1200 sound quality wise. Maybe I just got accustomed to vintage gear? I also have a few Sansui amps. Now I'd like to...
  13. johnnyboy70

Vintage Sansui with new Wharfdale Linton Heritage

I'm going to upgrade my speakers shortly and was wondering if anyone would have an answer to my question. Right now I have a Sansui AU 9500, and 11000a. They are both close in power and are pushing ADS L 1090's and they sound very good. I've been wanting to get some modern speakers for awhile...
  14. johnnyboy70

Will separate phono preamp have the same sonic signature as main amp?

Thank for the feedback. I ditched the tube it came with and replaced it with a tong sol I got from the Needle Doctor.
  15. johnnyboy70

Will separate phono preamp have the same sonic signature as main amp?

This may be a knuckle head question. I was wondering if having a separate phono preamp for the turntable will have the same sonic signature as your amp/preamp, or would the signature sound be from your phono preamp? I have a Bellari tube 130 right now and thinking about upgrading to a Project...
  16. johnnyboy70

Thank you Dr Audio

Just a shout out to Dr Audio. He had saved my Sansui AU 9500. I had issues that were never taken care of after bringing it to a tech in Lakewood OH... twice in three years. We're lucky to have Dr Audio in Northeast OH. He walked me through what he was going to repair and made some preventive...
  17. johnnyboy70

Sansui AU 9500 Help!

Dr Audio to the rescue! Yeah you may be on to something. I had the crackling through the left channel with the volume turned all the way down. It's doing that in all stages. Phono, aux, tuner. I didn't want to wait another four months and put down another deposit. I've only had it back for two...
  18. johnnyboy70

Sansui AU 9500 Help!

Thanks for the info Leestereo
  19. johnnyboy70

Sansui AU 9500 Help!

Thanks deltalight. My heart just sunk a little. I was really enjoying having it back after three + months. I was thinking about taking it back to the tech but maybe I should look elsewhere. Anyone have any ideas where I can take it around the NE Ohio area?
  20. johnnyboy70

Sansui AU 9500 Help!

So I had to get my AU 9500 repaired. It had failing caps and transistors. It was making the popping crackling sound through the speakers. Got it back from a Cleveland tech a couple weeks ago and now it seems to be having the same issues. Crackling now can be heard through the left speaker. Is it...
  21. johnnyboy70

Sansui Au 9500 or Eight Deluxe

I have a AU 9500 and love it. Sadly its heading to the shop. Think I've got some dead caps/transistors. When it is working the 9500 can really throw out a big soundstage, much bigger than the Eight I have. The Eight is no slouch tho, lot more grunt and good with rock. The 9500 shines with jazz...
  22. johnnyboy70

Sansui Eight?

I have an Eight and have it driving some KLH Model Fives. I think it'd do well with lot of other speakers especially New Large Advents. You'd be wise to pick one up. I like the receiver better than my SX 1250 and 9090db which I used to own
  23. johnnyboy70

ADS-910's

I have the ADS L 1090's and the bass is pretty darn good, tho not as good as my KLH Model 5's. Don't think you can go wrong with any of the ADS speakers, imaging is fantastic. Enjoy
  24. johnnyboy70

Sansui Eight Deluxe Dallas

Saw this Eight Deluxe if anyone is interested. Tho the price may be a tad high? Not sure how much these go for these days http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/5188774148.html
  25. johnnyboy70

Sansui Eight weak left channel

Thanks Tom, I'll do just that. I'm starting to think it is the FM tuner. Last evening I used the aux and it worked fine. I was playing Stop Making Sense and there doesn't seem to be any loss in the left channel. Sounded pretty damn good. @blhagstrom I'll have to look into that. Most of the caps...
Back
Top Bottom