Search results

1. etocynned

thinking of a car install...

I have been considering a new stereo in my car with a tablet PC front end, using the USB out into a dac and amp. I had considered the td11 but wondered about vibration and the tube. Perhaps the d100?
  2. etocynned

consonance amp review by Inner Fidelity

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/consonance-m10s-tube-integratedheadphone-amplifier-page-1 Just read this. Nice!
  3. etocynned

Energy 3.1e

Just scored a pair of energy 3.1 e's for $14 at a garage sale. Any manuals out there?
  4. etocynned

Hooray!

Just launched recently. Hopefully some opera analog gets featured and reviewed! http://www.analogplanet.com/ Love the rant/intro to the site! Tubes! Vinyl! Fullrange speakers! Im gonna explode!
  5. etocynned

Picked up Fisher RS9005

Looking for a manual. using it as pre amp via hedphone out into my Shuguang i12 tube amp. Bad idea? only issue is hum. Can i mod some rcas from preamp section?
  6. etocynned

overload on my realistic phono pre.

Listening to Fleetwood Mac Rumors and on Gold Dust Woman i noticed the sound of overdrive that wasnt there on other songs. Its the Hitachi into the Realistic into the I12. how can i alleviate this distortion. I'd ask them to keep it down but im late to the studio. :p Edit: are there any...
  7. etocynned

Zen system

Been reading alot about Zen, been attaining a definite oneness lately hence my move from a 5.1 system to 2.0. What components available from GF would you say most closely approach a Zen build. For clarity i should say which have simplest circuit and fewest compnents to get music from the...
  8. etocynned

Replaced cart

Replaced my cart, a Grado GT, with an AT with an Akai RS-33 stylus. had to use the metal shim to get the bolts to snug the cart into the headshell, bout 1/8 inch lower now. i have no protractor or TF guage and when the stylus hits the run in i jumps hard into the groove, skipping some, bad...
  9. etocynned

modeling enclosures using moving driver parameters.

I remember Car Stereo Review was using a device that measured characteristics of a driver while it was moving as opposed to static. the upshot of this was enclosures were more precisely designed and could perform more effectively given a desired response and output. anyone remember it or...
  10. etocynned

TrW-17

Searched for threads discussing this subwoofer, anyone discussing it? http://www.iar-80.com/page142.html seems a magnificent beasties, having read this entire review. a wonderful addition to a fullrange system, hmm.
  11. etocynned

double vented reflex subwoofer

Saw this design in a radio shack speaker project book decades ago. then saw it again and implemented it with a Rockford fosgate dvc 18" driver in an enclosure the size of a fridge. Holy crap it moved air, there was a 36 inch doorway and you could actually feel the air moving through it when...
  12. etocynned

folded line speaker

Was following random links from here and found this page about these folded line towers. they were named after a musical instrument. they had diagrams of different internal configurations for different sized drivers. the drivers were mounted in the middle and the line progressed outward...
  13. etocynned

Diy amp kit

Been checking out some of the little tube amp kits on a sponsor page, bout 139 bucks. Thinking of getting the kit, building it, listening and the going through and replacing parts with better ones to see the effect. Always read about how replacing caps makes a huge difference, or resistors...
  14. etocynned

How it's Made, cool!

Just saw a Martin Logan Ethos being assembled on Discovery Channel. They said the panel was made of material like Saran wrap, I believe it now! So Cool!:tresbon:
  15. etocynned

malware

tried to go to the diy record cleaner sticky, google warned me that it contains posts that distribute malware, anyone looking into this?
  16. etocynned

Grr, bent needle!

So my Hitachi HT-320 been sounding worse than 32kbps mp3, found out why. The needle on the Grado GT cart is destroyed. is it worth replacing? New cart? Any reccomendations?
  17. etocynned

gonna start a fight!

listening to a podcast with John Atkinson discussing his presentation to the AES. at about 15 minutes in he talks about an experiment he was in 28 yrs ago. It immediately brought to mind break in and how it might not exist but it might be the time it takes to incorporate the different...
  18. etocynned

Inexpensive vinyl.

Got an inexpensive rig: Hitachi turntable with Grado Stylus Realistic Phono pre Grant fidelity i12 tube integrated B&W DM302 Crap Interconnects, the black ones that come with every source component Ultralink 12ga Speaker cable, the grey stuff sold by the foot. I have about 12 albums...
  19. etocynned

Sweeten up any Yammy!

Used to sell Yamaha, B&W, and Arcam. The Arcam thrashed the Yummy, but cost 2x more. I found an inexpensive fix to close the gap by 90%, the difference being in Yamaha's wiry top end vs Arcams smooth treble. Put a line conditioner in there, bam smooth as butter treble and an inexpensive...
  20. etocynned

My new amp

So I'm gonna get my new I-12 tommorow. Well pay for it nehow, so I'm starting this thread to chart my experience. I used to sell audio, like 15 or so years ago, when DVD and satellite were new. We sold Yamaha, B&W, Arcam. This will be my first major hi-fi purchase. I've always liked tube...
  21. etocynned

audio shows

Hey Ian, did you or do you plan on exhibiting at any audio shows this year? If so any pics or links to pics?
  22. etocynned

GF vs the world...or China anyhow.

So in my search for inexpensive tube integrated I have come across many Chinese tube manufacturers. I've read of authorized and unauthorized rebranding and cloning and OEM's. Seeing the activity here and hearing of the showroom in Calgary, my aunt lives there, gives great confidence to me...
Back
Top Bottom