Search results

1. krisjay

Vinyl only spin list

Sleep Token-Take Me Back To Eden
  2. krisjay

Help me find a small vintage receiver with a great phono stage!

If thinking of a vintage receiver, you probably will need to figure in having it brought up to spec by a tech. A Sansui 2000, if fully working is a tremendous sounding smaller receiver.
  3. krisjay

Lets all Combat Walmart's Vinyl Mania week by shopping local this week!!!

I'll try to join, but, if they throw up a prism effect colored Dark Side Of The Moon, Bernie cut, I'm sorry, I'll have to cave.
  4. krisjay

All Things Music. Past, Present and Future.....and more

Avatarium deserves far more ears hearing the incredible music they create. Just an opinion.
  5. krisjay

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Green Day-Uno-Dos-Tre Vinyl Recently got a fantastic deal on these three albums, sealed new. Had stayed away previously due to bad reviews, poor reception. What a mistake, three full albums of fun, pop punk, mostly old school Green Day with some new curve balls thrown in. Finding Uno to be my...
  6. krisjay

Volume Down Before Power On/Off?

i don't know if it is needed or is a valid thing, but I do always turn things down before turning off.
  7. krisjay

Pioneer SX-650 Damaged Corner.. Repairable?

Sand the whole thing then use wood filler. Sand again, then use a nice veneer of your choice.
  8. krisjay

Looking for the best pressed vinyl to judge my setup

Consider Paul Rodgers-The Royal Sessions. I think it would be a great LP to work with.
  9. krisjay

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

Back to my Kenwood KR 6030, it just has a more dynamic and clean sound over the recently found KR 5400. Going to possibly do a recap on the 5400, I think some of the caps are out of spec. Also have a KR 2090 I don't know what to do with yet.
  10. krisjay

Vintage Turntables: Time to Throw in the Towel?

I'd wager a few dollars if you bought an AT LP140 XP, threw on an AT VM95ML, added, a decent mat, played one of your favorite albums, you'd never look back. Sure you could spend far more money, and I have, but I have rarely been as satisfied in just listening to records as I have been with the...
  11. krisjay

What TT's do you folks have

I have owned MANY turntables over the years, up to VPI. Currently using the AT LP140 and I just like it. I suggest trying different mats, see what you like best. Also the AT VM95N and ML are matches made in heaven for the 140, also the fairly inexpensive Nagaoka MP 110 sounds great on it. The...
  12. krisjay

KENWOOD 6330 RECIEVER

The 6030 is a great receiver of that time. I use one in one of my main setups.
  13. krisjay

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

First find of 2021. Kenwood KR 5400 at Goodwill. Zero issues. Since Kenwood of this era is my thing, I'll take it. Testing it for a while where I usually have a Kenwood KR 6030.
  14. krisjay

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Been a minute since I have found anything of note, this week found a very nice, fully functioning Kenwood KR 5400 at Goodwill, $39.99. Trying it out for a bit, decent enough. Kenwood of this era seem to be what finds me.
  15. krisjay

Buckcherry-S/T RSD BF 2020 vinyl
  16. krisjay

Sanyo q50 plus

Look on Youtube for a video on tonearm setup. You have to zero balance the tonearm, then set VTF.
  17. krisjay

I sold my turntable ... what now?

I purchased an AT LP140SV, I enjoy it very much. A few things, I suggest a different cart, the AT VM95EN matches very nicely, and you can move up to an ML or Shibata at another time if you wanted. If you stay with the supplied cart, cut it down to two grams of VTF. The supplied cables are a bit...
  18. krisjay

Tool-Fear Inoculum on Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's.
  19. krisjay

New Tool to drop this weekend. Thoughts? Musings? Fans here on AK??

A wondrfful album. Loving it.
  20. krisjay

Starter Stereo

You could go new and have warranty intact. Something like the Dayton Audio APA150 Amplifier from Parts Express and a pair of Elac B6 (open box) from Music Direct. Very nice sound from this combo. $348.00 total new.
  21. krisjay

Vinyl only spin list

Vanden Plas-Christ 0 (2XLP LTD ED Blue) Frontiers Music SRL FR LP 972 Another recent pre order that came in, another solid reissue. Vocals are especially impressive on this pressing. A great tale of love, revenge and madness.
  22. krisjay

Twenty rock albums that have mattered to me for a long time

The Beatles-The Beatles(mono) The Beatles-Revolver (mono) Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of The Moon Hawks-Hawks The Clash-London Calling The Who-Quadrophenia A-Ha-Hunting High And Low King Diamond-Fatal Portrait Bobby Darin-That's All The Outlaws-S/T Cal Tjader/Mary Stallings-Cal Tjader Plays Mary...
  23. krisjay

Vinyl only spin list

Type O Negative-Bloody Kisses (2 X LP ltd Ed 3000, Neon Greeen/Black Swirl) Run Out Groove/Road Runner ROGV-078 After a delayed shipping, and a slight worry about swirled vinyl(had issues with sound quality in the past with some swirled vinyl), this finally came in. No need to worry, this is a...
  24. krisjay

Trouble-shooting a Technics SL-1650

I am technically poor in knowledge. My 1650 has the same tonearm issue. Is there a step by step anywhere that I could follow to do the fix?. I'd also like to lube any parts that should need it. Any suggestions, other than a service manual, whivh is greek to me.
Back
Top Bottom