Search results

1. NoTransistors

Large Heil

This thread is getting more and more interesting. Someone mentioned phasing these things, so I tried reversing polarity. Sound changed to unlistenable. The Heils stopped blending in. Highs needed to be toned down with a resistor and still sounded bad. And bass was cancelled out, demonstrating...
  2. NoTransistors

No transistors (seth)

Above is very true.
  3. NoTransistors

No transistors (seth)

The cotton mouths will chase and bite. The rattlers will put on a show and then go back to sleep. The eagles and hawks will swoop down and take a pet. The gators are usually harmless, until they start getting fed by idiots.
  4. NoTransistors

Large Heil

At the 2024 Tampa Audio Show, there was one merchant who utilizes the Great Heil in his company's 2-way towers. I did not dare to tell him that, for unknown reasons, his set-up sucked. I did get from him a single fact which is that the crossover point is waaaay down below 1000 Hz. There were a...
  5. NoTransistors

Large Heil

Thanks, but perhaps we are mis-communicating. The Heils are not pointed at the ceiling. They are placed as yours, but without the pretty wood enclosure.
  6. NoTransistors

Large Heil

Kindly explain again, why a year after placing these drivers on their side, they are still on their side. Sound is so much better than when placed in normal fashion. So my question is, why is the side of this thing not the bottom? Am I losing some aspect of Heil sound like soundstage or...
  7. NoTransistors

No transistors (seth)

I have a friend in Sydney. We ain't got nothing on that place. Taipan snakes, ring neck octopusses and sea snakes and cone snails and box jelly fish and cassowaries, and giant crocks, and Sydney funnel spiders, and..........
  8. NoTransistors

No transistors (seth)

If your doggie licks it, means her end. If an adult human licks it, means a trip to hospital. Florida is lots more than venomous snakes and really hungry gators and crocks and deadly skeeters and poisonous snails from Africa, and......
  9. NoTransistors

No transistors (seth)

Perhaps, but this giant Buffo toad has a poison gland between its shoulders.
  10. NoTransistors

No transistors (seth)

No, just having fun. Ribbit.
  11. NoTransistors

Dual 1006 repair

A spare arm might be floating around somewhere. Call Adam of South Street Service. He has been in business (on Long Island) since the year of the flood. Dual Fred might also have one, but sadly he does not actually know what he has in that gold mine.
  12. NoTransistors

No transistors (seth)

13. NoTransistors

No transistors (seth)

14. NoTransistors

Seth (NoTransistors) Is Phenomenal!!!

NoTransistors@aol.com
  15. NoTransistors

Robert I am rarely on AK these days and was not even aware until just now of some very cool...

Robert I am rarely on AK these days and was not even aware until just now of some very cool comments posted by fellow AK nembers. My phone is 718 434-3354 Florida time.
  16. NoTransistors

I apologize for not getting back to you. AK gives zero notification that anyone posted in this...

I apologize for not getting back to you. AK gives zero notification that anyone posted in this manner. You should in future simply send me email through AK Seth
  17. NoTransistors

dual 1219 headshell removal?

If the glue is anerobic locking compound, good luck. That stuff is made to resist solvents.
  18. NoTransistors

dual 1219 headshell removal?

There is no reason for that screw to be stuck, unless someone glued it. Standard thread, not reverse. If my Dual, I would remove tonearm to work this stubborn screw.
  19. NoTransistors

The X-202-B. What an amp!

The amp has a non-switchable sub-sonic filter, and a non-switchable turntable rumble filter (not to be confused with the one on a switch). So...I use a separate phono pre-amp, plugged into the tape monitor. This input is not filtered for rumble. Better bass. My Pioneer CS-99A practically walk...
  20. NoTransistors

Dual 1009 Refurb

The motor's wire insulation (except for that in the newest 1009/1019, which is plastic) is rubber under the cloth braid. The rubber has cracked by now. One can try to pull the field winding assembly to solder-in new wires. Sleeving the wires is not an option here. Good luck.
  21. NoTransistors

Dual 1009 Refurb

Malden is one of very few who cleans the silver-plate the right way. BTW: Watch out that you do not break the plastic cartridge slide securing screw. Verrrry bad design. And also make sure the motor wires are not crumbling- a safety danger just waiting to happen.
  22. NoTransistors

Vn35e-m?

I did a search for a word and is Turkish, so edited my first reply.
  23. NoTransistors

Vn35e-m?

Wow, Turkish perhaps?
  24. NoTransistors

Dual 1249 Won't engage lead in groove

If your new pimple is the black rubber DOMED-type, it is china crap and will never work right. If flat-top, no problem.
  25. NoTransistors

Dual 701 motor lubrication points

Your new part is clearly a china piece of junk and will certainly give you plenty of aggravation. Wrong length. Wrong shape. Wrong material. Wrong country-of-origin.
Back
Top Bottom