Search results

1. tometro

Anyone in Olympia, WA

Audiofreak71, Sounds good to me. contact me on my email thtdsc@hotmail.com Tom
  2. tometro

Anyone in Olympia, WA

Big thanks fanghorn & ScottFan. I'll check Gig Harbor Audio. I've seen someone in Kelso on Craigslist selling audio equipment...it must be your guy ScottFan.
  3. tometro

Anyone in Olympia, WA

I realize this is a fairly old thread...but I live in Olympia too. I have a couple of old late 70's receivers & speakers that I love to sit & listen to. I haven't been here to visit AK for quite a while but seriously considering getting my SX-1050 worked on (the obvious is left channel not...
  4. tometro

CL deal for Evansville, IN - Sony STR 7800SD

ya, I wasn't clear about my post. I wish I were near Evansville to pick this up for so little $$.
  5. tometro

CL deal for Evansville, IN - Sony STR 7800SD

Found a Sony STR 7800SD for sale for $45 - along with some other stuff like a cassette deck and sony speakers that comes with it. reportedly works!
  6. tometro

Pioneer VSX-D811S project stalled

I have recently acquired a non-working receiver that I thought I could develop some repair skills. However, I thought wrong. I can't figure out where to look or test to begin to repair the unit. Can you help with some direction about where to start and what readings I should be getting on the...
  7. tometro

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Here's my "new" 2385. Cleaned the pots & dusted it out. Now seems to run pretty flawlessly. I have this beauty hooked up to my ADS 1290's & I think she sounds great. Last night I swapped the 2385 with my SX-1050 just for comparison purposes. Now I really don't have a great "ear" for...
  8. tometro

2385 question re:

Thank you luckyed and skibjr for your quick and helpful replies...! much appreciated. That's what I needed to know.
  9. tometro

2385 question re:

I recently purchased a 2385 (I don't garage sale & therefore didn't find it for cheap) and noticed the "main" and "PRE" jacks are empty, unlike my sx-1050 which has jumpers across the connections. Is the marantz supposed to have jumpers or are the jacks supposed to be empty? I've included pics...
  10. tometro

Pioneer Component Serial Numbers

If this DB is still ongoing... SX-1050 XF2906675S Made in Japan
  11. tometro

New member from Tumwater, Wa

I feel welcomed! Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome. I'm not much of a poster -mainly due to lack of knowledge - but will be reading & gleaning knowledge from you folks....making me stronger, better...:banana: see you!! Tom
  12. tometro

New member from Tumwater, Wa

Hello Everyone, I have been visiting/lurking AK for a number of years always getting lost in the variety of information of the messages posted. It's been good but I have finally decided to join. I've been into listening to good systems - since I have no ability to play an instrument to...
Back
Top Bottom