Search results

1. Jedo

MB Quart Impedance ?

MB Quart impedence I've had a pair for years, stole em at Goodwill back when you could find stuff there. Anyway, blew one of the tweets (actually the wife and cousin did) so upon removing the tweet it is indeed an original made in Gerany and is stamped 6 ohm on the back not sure what the other...
  2. Jedo

Blu-Ray Ownership Poll (Please Vote and Post)

Yep, got one about 6 months ago...then my Pioneer Elite crapped out, now have a Samsung DLP 60" 1080i and am upfixing a Sony 60" SXRD with an optical block problem. Looking forward to seeing how the Sony looks. I've had some problems with the Audio from the BD player...some discs play 5:1...
  3. Jedo

Marantz dp870 and bluRay

next I have a Technics SH AC300 (a dolby digital processor) that has a matching receiver ... these are circa 2000. Retrieved the Technics processor from the basement, plugged in the optical cable from the BD player to the Technics optical in, plugged in the RCA outputs from the Technics to...
  4. Jedo

Marantz dp870 and bluRay

Well then I've tried both PCM and bitstream...I get nothing from PCM over the optical...and here's the weird thing. I'm playing the BD 'Tempest' using bitstream over optical...it says its in 5.1 Dolby digital and the Previews all play in 5.1, however, as soon as the film starts it reverts to 2...
  5. Jedo

Marantz dp870 and bluRay

optical from blue ray I thought optical could carry anything, however, as you may know, for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby Digital plus, optical or digital coax is not enough to pass them (you only get 2 channel stereo). So on some DVD's (not blue ray) the 5.1 audio is fine over...
  6. Jedo

Marantz dp870 and bluRay

Huh Guess I need to sharpen my pencil on this one and go back and do some more homework. I've been getting inconsistent (audio) results from the Panasonic BD player to the DP 870. The BD is set to bitstream with an optical cable to the 870. I thought I had read on some forum that older...
  7. Jedo

Marantz dp870 and bluRay

Recently picked up a blue ray and the Marantz dp870 processor (circa 97?) is not processing the audio properly on some DVD's. I'm driving 5 Marantz MA500 mono blocks and I'm wondering what I should replace the processor with...no $ to spend on new stuff so would have to look for used...
  8. Jedo

speaks for Haffler 500?

Hey all, I recently had my Hafler 500 brought back to life (one of the transistors had changed value? Tech at Audio Specialties here in Portland said it was a challenge to find it). So my question is what speaks would be a good match for this amp...already blew a tweet in my Polk RT 12's a...
  9. Jedo

Wow!!

390 MCS tweets I picked up a pair of Quart 390's at goodwill for $39.00 in excellent condition...love em. They have not been operational for a year now and I want them back. Tweet is gone on one of them and I'm needing help picking a reasonably priced pair of replacements. These are 4ohm...
  10. Jedo

teac x10 R tension arm help

Oh and Kopfingle...whats a User/Service manual?
  11. Jedo

Thanks Gasman...appreciate the help but its too late. I went out to the barn and got the grease gun off the old Ford 8N tractor and lubed that string and knob up real good...moves nice an easy now.
  12. Jedo

I'm inside to replace the belt and get this thing working again and I notice the tension arms are sticky. They have a spring that is (much to my surprise) attached to a string which is wound around a plastic 'knob' and then tied...so the string seems to be binding on the plastic 'knob'. Should I...
  13. Jedo

My Yamaha AX 592 is not powering up...there is no click from any relay inside and the push pull...

My Yamaha AX 592 is not powering up...there is no click from any relay inside and the push pull power switch seems to be the culprit...just not getting the sound/feel that it used to have. Numbers on the switch itself are XT126-9 CMKI-P3X I've been to some parts sites but don't really have...
  14. Jedo

Quart 390 MCS tweets

These are German imports and I can not find a lot of info on them...the tweet on one has blown and I need suggestions for replacements. Sure liked them while they were 100%. I caught the guy coming from the back room at GW with these in the cart ready to put on the shelf....$39.95...BEAUTIFUL...
  15. Jedo

Hafler 500 problem

I get power (at least to the fan), I've checked all the fuses and I've taken apart and cleaned the Speaker relay...I've even powered it up fed it a signal and physically closed the relay but I get nothing and the relay will not remain closed...seems like I am getting nothing to the relay...
  16. Jedo

Keepers for Free!

damn close I did pay $20.00 for it Teac X10R in near mint condition sitting in the gravel at a garage sale. Have not received anything for free...no one I know seems to have a clue as to what the Flip I'm doing with all this stuff
  17. Jedo

Hafler 500 speaker relay

lethal voltage Got it. If its powered off and unplugged are there still lethal voltages still lurking inside somewhere?
  18. Jedo

Hafler 500 speaker relay

The part number on this is Midland 157-32D700. I wonder if anyone could help me what a replacement might be as I am electronically retarded and can't seem to match it up. I have read here that one can 'clean' it. So I will try to get some juice into the very small openings and see what that...
  19. Jedo

SONY 1000 ESD digital input prob.

that was it Tried what you suggested and it now works wonderfully. Could you elaborate on the incompatibilities or point me to the thread that explains. Really apprerciate your help. Thanks
  20. Jedo

SONY 1000 ESD digital input prob.

I just picked up a nice DVD player for the Man Cave...the Pioneer Elite is in the liviing room but I am setting up a man cave/ listening room in the basement (god I love having a basement...its 95 outside and 65 in the basement)...anyway...I plug the coax digital in and get a sound like a moped...
  21. Jedo

listening room ceiling

Upgrading the man cave for my listening and viewing pleasure this winter and I need help deciding what to do with the bare rafters ...I was going to leave em till I moved a pair of Yamaha speakers from the man cave to the living room and they sounded wayyyyyyy better...anybody have any...
  22. Jedo

Goodwill Score!

I am just about to pass out from the crappy music they play when I spot one of the GW guys carting a pair of speaks over to the shelf....something caught my eye about them and I used some old Lawrence Taylor blocking moves to clear the aisle and....well, raise my rent and tan my hide its a pair...
  23. Jedo

Hey, I just picked up a pair of MB Quart 390 MCS like the ones you posted about. I spotted the...

Hey, I just picked up a pair of MB Quart 390 MCS like the ones you posted about. I spotted the guy at goodwill carting them over to the electronics section and stopped him and took them ...for $39.95...in excellent condition. What have you been able to find out about them Thanks Jed
  24. Jedo

About the input sensitivity thing...My Hafler 500 has an input sensitivity of 2.3v and my Sony...

About the input sensitivity thing...My Hafler 500 has an input sensitivity of 2.3v and my Sony 1000ESD preamp has anoutput voltage of 1.5v. Which would account for why I've always thought I was never getting the 'power' out of the Hafler I expected. Right? Can the Sony be 'tweaked' to match...
  25. Jedo

EV ST350A repair

I 'rescued' a pair of these and one is not working...I know the church organ speakers these came in had not been used for quite some time...a few years...so is it possible that it might 'loosen up' and start to work after running some juice through it? Wishful thinking I'm sure. Obviously...
Back
Top Bottom