Search results

1. G

My (new to me) Otari MX-55

Like it Marc ?
  2. G

My (new to me) Otari MX-55

Hi. Resurrected MX-55, thanks to Sam Palermo that kindly help me with some issues with it. I think it looks meaner and prettier than a 747. Don't you ?
  3. G

Hi Sir... Like you I love OTARIs. Recently a question has arise and I would like to know your...

Hi Sir... Like you I love OTARIs. Recently a question has arise and I would like to know your opinion or suggestion if you know one, before I try a solution myself (maybe cause some damage). Most OTARIs nowadays have worn lifters. I notice there is no screw holding the lifter shaft. Can they...
  4. G

For those who like shiny things

Rockur, ofajen, anybody: How do you guys post your pictures in the main window ? I can only do it like those little attachments.
  5. G

Looks a bit rudimentary. Late 70's ?
  6. G

Thanks Iloveamps ! I suppose is a 1/4 track ? It would come out beautiful restored.
  7. G

Yes... those golden reels look fantastic on any R/R. A shame they are not easy to come by. Man, get rid of those rack-ears and give'er some wood panels. She will sound better !!
  8. G

Wow... it's that the first ones manufactured by OTARI ? Sweet !
  9. G

When they are rather new they look great black. But once a ship appears the looks get ruined.
  10. G

Thanks vintageTX. The small panel with the control buttons was a real pain to do, but after multiples tries it came out fine.
  11. G

Thank you !!
  12. G

Sorry guys but I could not resist to show it off. OTARI MX-5050 BIII in silver. What do you think ?
  13. G

Anybody Else have...

I have four. Two BIII's and two BII-2's. And they are fantastic !
  14. G

For OTARI lovers

he he he.. thanks TinMan !
  15. G

For OTARI lovers

Thanks oldvinyldude ! Those are the original panels. Used paint remover and high grit sandpaper for the aluminum. Then lettering is made with water slide decal paper, then a coat of clear to protect it.
  16. G

For OTARI lovers

My version of an OTARI MX-5050 BII-2 silver edition. Like it ?
  17. G

TEAC A-2340 RTR - Looks can be deceiving !!!

Ditto !! Great job! Beautiful machine now!
  18. G

Weird issue Teac X-2000R

It happened to me once. Try this, put the deck in rewind mode and with both index fingers move the tension arms up or down and look if at different positions it will start moving in the correct direction. If when cleaning you moved the tension servos that can happen.
  19. G

My new to me Teac X-2000R

Wow, congrats looks brand new ! Enjoy !
  20. G

Choosing my 2nd Reel to Reel...Looking for suggestions

Got the Otari thanks to TinMan's advice. I'm in love with it because: 1- Easy to work with. Removing a couple of screws you have access to the complete electronics and mechanical parts and can use both hands ! Great when it needs cleaning or work. 2- No belts ! 3- Get an extra headstack and...
  21. G

Sony TC-880-2 in Da' House!

Beautiful machine !
  22. G

Can this be fix ?

Thanks again Marc ! That explains a lot. Part of the circuit would be the other piece that resembles a playback head and sits lower in the motor. Then I guess it's a design flaw in those motors because 2 of the 3 coils were loose. I align and clip the "thing" with a vise grip and then apply...
  23. G

Can this be fix ?

Thanks Marc If you see this thread again ... What is that ? I thought at first it was a carbon brush, but I notice they do not touch any other surface. I was able to fix it just because of that, there is no force applied to it. It would be nice to know what it is. I can't find any other...
  24. G

Can this be fix ?

Fixed !
  25. G

Can this be fix ?

Hi.. I recently bought an Otari MX-5050 BII-2 for $100, it included a Metal Reel of RMG 911, 2500' tape. Looks fine but when I tried it the capstan motor does not run. I disassembled the motor and found this. It looks like carbon brushes but the motor is brushless ? Anyway I don't know what...
Back
Top Bottom