Search results

1. P

fisher 400c and Mcintosh cr7 remote volume control

that's to bad but it does seem to work nicely thru the main out....have you ever tried the cr7 as a stand alone preamp?
  2. P

this is the preamp..... no idea on the tape position on the selector knob it has 2 phono's as well as tape and I am pretty sure mic, never had anything hooked up to the tape jack....the buttons on the front are for aux1 aux2 tuner phono
  3. P

thanks for the reply 62caddy I did read your comments in other threads on the Mcintosh cr7 and they helped me make the decision to try it so if everything stays active is there still an advantage to running this way versus connecting thru the main out as Mcintosh suggests in the manual? On my...
  4. P

I recently picked up a Mcintosh cr7 and 8 remote volume control . I got very tired of dealing with a crazy volume control that I replaced a while back ( bad ebay purchase). The new one has to much gain at zero volume and still occasionally has a mind of it's own when it is turned on and at the...
  5. P

Fisher volume potentiometers

looks like the same product that ebay seller hifiaudio has at almost half the retail.....I would assume same issues with shafts and volume attenuation but would have felt a lot better at $51 for my 400c vs $90.
  6. P

fisher 400c volume issue

Thanks Andy hopefully my adventure in taking this apart will help as a guideline, I documented it as I know there will be future 400c needing new volume controls as they get older. Dave's guidance was key the first time around in making what we knew would just be holding off the inevitable...
  7. P

fisher 400c volume issue

cartridge is a shure v15 type 3 which is 3.5, cd player is an oppo dv970hd and is 2.2
  8. P

fisher 400c volume issue

I did recheck all the taps to make sure that it was wired properly and everything was as originally wired into the old control. Has anyone else used the ebay hifiaudio control on a 400c? What were your results? still find it odd that the phono volume is fine as before but the aux volume...
  9. P

fisher 400c volume issue

Hi Fred I did test it and it measured equal/constant until about 3/4 volume Gary
  10. P

fisher 400c volume issue

Thanks Dave I will do that, but I had a thought that maybe it could be narrowed down to the wire I am looking for. . The phono volume seems to work fine or very similar to the old control. It is on aux that I have the issue, is it possible there is a wire going to the aux area that I should...
  11. P

fisher 400c volume issue

Thought I would do a follow up on my 400c. it's been two years from when I first had my volume control problem and Dave G fix worked well but I knew it was just a matter of when I would have to replace it. As a refresher he had me press the tabs of the leads coming into the switch which seemed...
  12. P

fisher 400c volume issue

Dave I figured that those were the tabs (for lack of a better word) you were talking about and I cleaned and tightened all of them except the middle two as you noted. I did have another issue a year ago with a wire that somehow got stripped and was grounding on the chassis, this was giving me...
  13. P

fisher 400c volume issue

I was able to take it apart, you were correct not hard but you have to keep taking screws out until it releases, putting it back together should be interesting....my question is looking at these pictures what are the parts that need to be tightened? I did deoxit...am I better off just replacing...
  14. P

fisher 400c volume issue

thanks Dave, I was hoping you would reply. Do you need to remove the control to do this?
  15. P

fisher 400c volume issue

I have a 400c that was rebuilt about 3 years ago by Mikey Samra, it sounds great. Lately we are scratching our heads over a weird problem with the volume. When I turn on my system with the volume at it's lowest, the left channel is going to roughly 1/4 volume while the right stays normal...
  16. P

Your Favorite EL34 or Equivelent Power Tube

I found the Russian 6p3s-e fantastic in both my st-70 and MK4 and when I first got them they were very reasonably priced
  17. P

Dimensions of Fisher 400CX-2 Wooden Case?

My son-in -law and I built this for a 400c using birds eye maple, we did not bother with the screen on the top as we cut in slots for breathing. the 400c does not seem to generate a whole lot of heat plus we did not go real deep and left the rear wide open. I can get you dimensions but I am...
  18. P

The 400-C Returns!!

thanks for posting, I have been looking for this for quite awhile Gary
Back
Top Bottom