Search results

1. 201bk

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/kenwood/ka-3500.shtml https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/technics/sl-p111.shtml Kenwood is 38cm wide, CD Player 43cm. Nice sounding CD Player. Warm sound. Burr-Brown DAC. Would you guys recommend any Kenwood CD Players possibly with easily...
  2. 201bk

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

My Kenny KA-3500. Apart from a light scratch on front panel it works like it just left the factory. I'm loving this amp so much. Nice simple build, lovely sound.
  3. 201bk

Any opinions on Audio Lab AL-60 speakers?

Unitra Tonsil ZG60C201 aka. Audio LAB AL60- Polish speakers made by Unitra Tonsil, exported to USA under Audio Lab Consort brand in the 70s. First version with midrange by vintage french audio firm called Siare (yours pic), second version was made with midrange of Tonsil's own design with...
  4. 201bk

Help needed with choosing a second cartridge for my Dual 1246

Hi, so it's my first post in this subforum. I currently use Nagaoka MP-110 on my Dual 1246 and it's tracking like a tank. I like the sound and compliance I think is really good with my arm. I get the best results at 1.8g tracking force. Lately the prices have spiked on replacement stylus for...
  5. 201bk

Yamaha NS-670 woofer repair help needed

Yeah, sorry for not posting in last couple of months but I have a really serious health issues. So stuff was put on hold. I'm still kinda am so my schedule is a mess. Anyways Yamaha repairs are progressing in slow pace. Current status. One woofer repaired fully, he cutoff the dust cap, put in...
  6. 201bk

Yeah, so updates: -I reached out to Yamaha through Yamaha Deutchland division, got in touch with audio department. Then got forwarded to Yamaha Europe Parts division it was a long shot and I suspected nothing will come out of it. But they searched in warehouses and no parts were found. Asked for...
  7. 201bk

Update, so the repair shop guy did all the other scheduled jobs he had. And he now started to work on the first woofer. Fingers crossed. I also found an curious bit of info which I confirmed with him. He was an engineer working in Polish audio firm on audio drivers. He may have even handled...
  8. 201bk

The package is shipped with 550 euros/590 usd insurance ;). 20kg, 2x woofers, 2x mids,2x tweeters,2x crossovers. I redid the woofers package to a more redefined "version" . More styrofoam and bigger "anti magnet shift" blockade ;). The rest of the stuff is in two carton boxes reinforced with...
  9. 201bk

So I also consider changing the terminal on the woofers itself. Was thinking about those caraudio ones and the ones I saw on the higher end Yamaha woofers, I think. The non soldering ones just put in the wire and screw it in kinda terminal. I could then use a thicker OFC wire like an 1.5mm in...
  10. 201bk

Part II It looked good until I've noticed that v1 kinda failed. I needed some longer metric screws. But I've solved it today. Behold the v2. Well technically its v1.5 - changed one thing since I couldn't find any spring washers in m5 so I originally used m6s. But changed it yet again to two m5...
  11. 201bk

So if the guy has the wire to make coils, why not replace it with solid copper wire in protection jacket? Cannot think about anything else which will fit into the original PCB solder points. So here's my thought. Along with recap of course. I want to change the terminal too while I'm out at it...
  12. 201bk

Part II Even on the crossovers So I started to mark the drivers with crossovers numbers so I know which driver goes in where originally just an OCD thing. And after a while I got a nice pace of going through this. Heat it up with my 1980s Polish soldering Iron, use some tweezers, and so on...
  13. 201bk

Sunday unsoldering aka you're gonna have a bad time if you wanna unsolder this - loose all you're curses in Polish and start cursing in English and Japanese edition ;) Part I Every, yes, every wire was put in through the connector soldered on then but around the connector 3-4 times and...
  14. 201bk

Update found a carpenter willing to do them justice. So next step will be original veneer renovation. Repairing all the deep scratches and beat up corners. Filling, tarnishing, staining, varnishing- with matt or semi-matt varnish. Will try to choose similar colour to original Walnut. He made a...
  15. 201bk

The repair shop agreed to recap the crossovers along with woofers repair. So I will send those too. Fingers crossed.
  16. 201bk

Yeah, I've noticed. I did throw it away, vacuumed the loose stuff. Will put some proper damping like sheep's wool. Was scared it will fly across my room with woofers removed and my second set of speakers pumping - didn't wanna inhale this stuff. Had the same type of damping in my other set of...
  17. 201bk

It weird. The damping in both speakers is dry doesn't look like it's any leakage from a bad cap I think. It's itchy. Is this... fiberglass?
  18. 201bk

I guess I didn't see that when I first opened them up. Bonus pic magnet is still wet and smells a bit like vinegar only it is a weaker smell. Just touched it with my finger and smeared it a bit. What is this?
  19. 201bk

Second speaker the one that is working, still I did stick some cork mat thingies to not scratch them more than they already are - did so with the other speaker too. Is this wool? No visual leakage on those caps either. The damping is dry too. So was the one in the other speaker. Looks...
  20. 201bk

First speaker the one that coil is scratching the magnet Checked the caps there isn't any visual leakage going on so it may not be the "water" from caps it can be something else entirely. Rust and condensation the one that was mentioned on this forum and the NS-690s video, hmm I wonder what...
  21. 201bk

So I have them now at my place. Will try to unscrew and unsolder woofers this weekend, I think. Then packaging and shipment to repair shop and time to center the magnets, I guess. Anyways, I found out that the crossovers use electrolytic capacitors along with bipolar caps. Could this residue on...
  22. 201bk

I will. BTW a lil offtop but it's a bit on point though. Polish Tonsil remade both of my GDN 25/55 woofers with coil ventilation last year. For my Saba CE 9596 speakers that I have in avatar for like 280 Polish zlotys with shipment. I only had cask baskets with magnets and old coils, so they...
  23. 201bk

150 Polish zlotys per one woofer. Demagnetizing, uglueing, centering it back, glueing it back and magnetizating it to proper specs. He can even change the magnets polarity so he won't be marking it like you did. He said that he likes a good challenge so he will tackle it. Its is like 44 CAD for...
  24. 201bk

Oh, thanks for pitching in! Looks like adhesive that was used to glue the magnet to the cask basket is faulty after 45 years. Didn't see any rust like in the Japanese vid though on my magnet or the cask basket. But there was some condensation after the magnet shifted and coil got hot after usage...
  25. 201bk

Thanks a lot Jim. So the dust cap needs to be removed either way. If the coil casing will be swollen up it was water if not then magnet shifted. The tech guy should be able to see it, I think. Repair looks fairly simple if someone has the right tools, and this firm I contacted should have them...
Back
Top Bottom