Search results

1. joelongwood

Bob Dylan Sells His Entire Songwriting Catalog

"It's easy to see without lookin' too far, that not much is really sacred.":no:
  2. joelongwood

Carver 6250? Worth an upgrade?

Hi Matt, I have both the Carver 6250 and the Marantz 2216B. The Carver is driving a stacked pair of Frazier Black Box II's, along with a pair of Rectilinear III's. Previously it had been driving a stacked pair of Advents. To my ears, at least, the sound was great. At 125 watts per side, and the...
  3. joelongwood

XAM 2E 3 Way Speakers

I don't know this for a fact, but I've read that XAM speakers were manufactured for EJ Korvette by Electro Voice. If so, that might be one reason why they usually receive pretty favorable reviews. Nice score, BTW.
  4. joelongwood

Happy Birthday to joelongwood!

Thanks to all.......I guess attaining the age of 70 officially qualifies me as vintage! :D
  5. joelongwood

I'm new, but my audio gear isn't...

Welcome, Delta17! Judging by your initial comments, I think you'll find a helluva lot of like minded folks here. :)
  6. joelongwood

Advice please. Headphones for "safe" listening.

Etymotics are possibly the best noise isolating IEMs out there (using the tri-flange tips). They are my go-to 'phones for lawn mowing. Can't hear the mower noise, even at a moderate listening volume. And for exercise, they don't come out of my ears.
  7. joelongwood

Advice please. Headphones for "safe" listening.

I bought a pair of these recently, mainly out of curiosity, as I have most of the Ety line already (ER4s,4P, 6, HF5, Mk5). They do indeed have the Ety signature sound, but limit the volume to safe levels. Etymotics really seems to know what they're doing when it comes to hearing. The Ety Kids...
  8. joelongwood

Your Favorite 8 inch 2-Way Speakers

Frazier Black Box II (8" woofer with 3 X 7 horn). It's been my favorite for close to 50 years. (I know.......I'm old!) :-)
  9. joelongwood

Frazier Speakers - Just a great little speaker.

No wonder I can't find any Fraziers..............you seem to be cornering the market! In any case, congratulations on a very nice Frazier collection. :-)
  10. joelongwood

Rectilinear model XI Speakers looking for a guess as to their age and value

From the Classic Speaker Pages Forum......."The XI was the bottom of the line in 1971 at $80. Next step up was the Mini II at $100. The TOTL Model III Lowboy was $300. The XI is a simple 2-way bass reflex system with a 10" woofer and phenolic ring tweeter, crossed over at 1.8kHz. Freq response...
  11. joelongwood

KLH speakers reference thread (original models/Henry Kloss era) 1957-1977

Great info! Thanks for sharing. :D
  12. joelongwood

Advice Please, two Amps, one set of speakers

Niles DPS-1 Amplifier/Speaker A-B Selector https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9PB4TD8496&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Home+Automation+-+Smart+Sensors+%26+Accessories-_-9SIA9PB4TD8496&gclid=CJ-csvuOidMCFYaIswodiPwFAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
  13. joelongwood

Photos of celebrities with turntables.

I have a Model Twenty that has no elaborate walnut casing, just a plexi dustcover. I believe the Twenty was also available with the heavy walnut casing you refer to. The speakers that came with it were very similar to the Model 17 (no identifying marks, though). The only difference I can see is...
  14. joelongwood

Photos of celebrities with turntables.

I'm guessing a KLH Model 20 system with 4 ohm Model 17 speakers.
  15. joelongwood

Rectilinear iii High Highboys Fans

I have what I believe you are referring to as "series 1." Square tweeters, and only one pot in the back for tweeter control. Later versions had two, one for the midrange as well. Just be sure that the pair you are looking at has Phillips midrange w/whizzer cone that are operational. They seem to...
  16. joelongwood

Frazier Buckaroo - Info?

I remembered seeing the "Buckaroo" model in one of my old stereo mags. So I thumbed through a few and lo and behold, came upon an ad in the August 1970 issue of High Fidelity. The copy says that the "Buckaroo" is a "compact speaker with a heavy duty 10" woofer, 2 cone tweeters, a special...
  17. joelongwood

What speakers are you running with your Onkyo Integra gear?

Onkyo Integra TX-890 Receiver, hooked up to various speaker pairs (through a speaker switch box). Large Advents Stacked, AR3a, JBL Century L-100, KLH 17, Dynaco A25xl, and Frazier Concertos. To these old ears, they all sound great with the Onkyo.......125 watts per side of good clean power that...
  18. joelongwood

Klipsch KG4 passive radiator repair

Looking for suggestions on the same issue I have with a passive radiator on a Klipsch Forte II. How to glue the rubber surround to the cone. Thanks. EDIT: Found this discussion over at vinylengine which seems to answer the question...
  19. joelongwood

AR-12 Restoration & Pics

10 in.
  20. joelongwood

need a center speaker recommendation to match vintage JBL R/L

I have a similar set-up, as I'm using a vintage pair of JBL Apollo C-51 S-7s with LE-15 and 375 horn (no tweeter) as the L/R in a home theater setup. I picked up a used Yamaha NS-AC40x center channel speaker a few years ago, and, to my ears, it is a good match for the JBLs. Great clarity, and...
  21. joelongwood

Got me a set of Fraziers today

I think the crossover is at 4ooohz. BTW....those Manhattans are beautiful!
  22. joelongwood

Got me a set of Fraziers today

I'll go with Manhattans. 8" woofer, with a 3" cone tweeter. The dual slots indicate it is a modified Helmholtz (whatever the hell that is!) Basically, it's a Black Box I in a prettier box. A GREAT sounding speaker (IMHO), that was one of Jack Frazier's favorites.
  23. joelongwood

Is this the final incarnation of the AR-3 loudspeaker?

Very sad to see a once greatly innovative company reduced to producing that crap. Edgar Villchur is rolling in his grave. :pity:
  24. joelongwood

I need more ears - the collection. (Pics!)

Very nice collection of headphones! Enjoy, and thanks for sharing. :D
Back
Top Bottom