Search results

1. yrly

AK's 20th anniversary - June 18, 2022

This reminds me of work, as time wore on there were only two of us left from our hiring group.
  2. yrly

Blown fuse... to replace, or not to replace?

I once had a qrx-3500 with a bunch of blown fuses, I put new ones in and it works fine over a decade later
  3. yrly

Grumpy updates - last 08-19- 23

Dave, glad to see you’re up and kicking. I haven’t been around in any sense of regularity in a long long time. My grandfather who just recently passed away always said it was a good day because he woke up in the morning. As you get older those types of things make more sense. He was a guy who...
  4. yrly

AK's 20th anniversary - June 18, 2022

I go all the way back to 2003 here, college days, thrifting exploits. Got a young daughter now who is kinda getting into music so while I never really stopped been picking up steam once again.
  5. yrly

Have you ever gone out in risky conditions to get your gear?

I thrifted constantly. My $20 Marantz Esotec SM-7 was found the same day I hit the store earlier, in a storm, after work. If I recall morning class was cancelled, I went to work, and went thrifting after anyway in lake effect snow.
  6. yrly

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Enjoying this album lately but you have to be a fan of symphonic metal
  7. yrly

Reactions ... Covid-19 second, third, fourth (booster) or 5th shots

I’m the odd double J&J for a variety of reasons though 5 months between doses and right before Delta and right before Omicron. Mild cold like symptoms for 3 days with he first, felt slightly off after the second for about a day. Due to timing kinda waiting to see if they’ll do updated boosters.
  8. yrly

Prices.... Going Up!!!

Housing prices here continue the climb you have to go further and further out for a deal. Bought my house back in 2009 and paid off last year. Zillow estimate is up like $20k again this month. Was surfing listings today cause I’d like to get a small cabin or something to take an occasional week...
  9. yrly

Newish work area listening rig

Assembled this setup for my little work area since about February for when I’m working on computers and such. Primarily listen to headphones with it.
  10. yrly

Fisher RS-1058

since you resurrected this old post… pricing on the 1060 has gone through the roof, I bought one new old stock minus instructions for $100 at one point. The 1060 is better built and more powerful but the 1058 is still a decent receiver. One way to look at it is the 1058 doesn’t stand out in its...
  11. yrly

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Sept 26, 2003
  12. yrly

Project One Mark 1500 Manual pics

I get tons of requests for this. This is the best I can get for now as I have the manual with some files at my parents house. They just had their Covid shots so I might be able to go get it in the near future. Hopefully it holds everyone over until then. https://imgur.com/a/lUYJ0EP
  13. yrly

White vans won't go away

I haven’t run into one in years but they must still be out there since I saw a projector and pair of speakers in the past month listed for sale.
  14. yrly

Project One Mark 1500 nudies!

I actually took photos of the copy of the manual that I have the other day but I don’t have a working scanner to scan it properly. If you want them drop me an email
  15. yrly

I took pics of the project one mark 1500 manual send me a message or I'll see if I can post them

I took pics of the project one mark 1500 manual send me a message or I'll see if I can post them
  16. yrly

Is Laserdisc Still Alive?

This seems to stem from lack of use more than anything. I've had a few like this eventually correct themselves after enough playthroughs after cleaning, lube and belt.
  17. yrly

Resurrection of laser tv technology?

Ultimate Electronics had a laservue Mitsubishi rear projection before they closed here. It seems like it would be a viable technology picture wise but was and probably still is just too expensive.
  18. yrly

My biggest holdback is I haven’t has a working scanner in ages and never invested in a...

My biggest holdback is I haven’t has a working scanner in ages and never invested in a replacement. I could take pics of it best I could however I’ve also gotta remember to do it since I have it stored with other paperwork.
  19. yrly

Nice player. I started in 2005 or 2006. Most of what I have was two collections one donated to Salvation Army and the other to goodwill with a few 10-15 disc finds since then.
  20. yrly

Marantz 4300-is it worth the $250 ?

They’re still out there. Just not found as often.
  21. yrly

Were hard to find as it was and since I last posted on this I’ve maybe added 500 more. Really only buy them because of the cheap thrift store pricing though.
  22. yrly

Amended list of 150+ wpc receivers!

The Kenwood 1090VR Home theater receiver is FTC rated at 150wpc at .03%THD in stereo mode if I recall. As far as whoever mentioned Pyle, I dunno if any of their receivers actually hit 200wpc but some of the power amps actually do. I have a Pyramid one that does 225wpc rms but let’s just say the...
  23. yrly

LG power supply capacitor swaps

I did a garbage picked gateway plasma a few years ago and just used whatever the cheapest chinese caps I could find were. I think you’re supposed to use low ESR caps on the PSU.
  24. yrly

Happy Birthday yrly!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes even though I’m a month late in responding!
  25. yrly

I have no full list and eventually stopped keeping track of what I had. Basically it was, aside...

I have no full list and eventually stopped keeping track of what I had. Basically it was, aside from a few pieces when you could still get good eBay deals, all purchased from thrift stores. I still occasionally buy stuff when I find it but I am stretched for storage room.
Back
Top Bottom