Search results

1. Vulture

Do you keep your speaker grilles off?

The living room speakers are grille on: flying cats, klutzy SO. Office Advents are grille off.
  2. Vulture

Do you keep your speaker grilles off?

The living room speakers are grille on: flying cats, klutzy SO. Office Advents are grille off.
  3. Vulture

Go ahead break some windows with >

Break windows? Maybe in a 5'x5' room that was well sealed...
  4. Vulture

Reporting live from the RoachRoom

Ahoy, fellow Floridian! Welcome to AK!
  5. Vulture

Thank You AudioKarma

Wholeheartedly agree. I have stopped frequenting many a forum because of that same problem. The mods here do wonderful work keeping the tone friendly and weeding out out the few rabble-rousers that occasionally try to buck the system. I appreciate the fact that the forum is fairly PG to...
  6. Vulture

Hello from Florida!

Welcome fellow Floridian!
  7. Vulture

SX-450: loud hum from bare volume knob.

It's alive, ALIVE! (The thread, not the Pioneer.) The hum was occurring because the chassis was partially disassembled with nothing grounding the pot shafts to the chassis, just like everyone suspected. My apologies for forgetting to update. Due to day-job scheduling, the poor SX-450 has...
  8. Vulture

Did I just scroe? NRG Class A monoblocks

Holy $diety, that is a monster of a find! Congrats! I'll be lurking to see how this turns out for curiosities sake. :lurk:
  9. Vulture

Do insurance companies have stipulations re new/used air bags for colision repair?

I can understand the frustration of trying to make a $3000 decision. On one hand, I have to agree with the uneasyness of used airbags. Too many shady people. Even if purchased from a reputable salvage yard, you don't know the circumstances that befell the donor car: did the airbags not deploy...
  10. Vulture

Need HDTV tuner and antenna recomendations

That's kind of interesting. It allows recording, which is a neat add-on feature. Would have to plug in an external HDD to use it from what I can tell, it has no internal HDD; no big deal there. I wonder how its flexibility with swapping drives is.
  11. Vulture

*headslap* I shoulda figured RadioFool would have a TV variant. [/URL][/IMG] Being in an apartment, I can't put a nice Winegard unit in the attic. Unless I can hide the antenna up at the ceiling on the porch, I don't think that would fly either. Plus, not sure how I could route the cable...
  12. Vulture

Hello from Florida

Welcome fellow Floridian!
  13. Vulture

Your #1 reason for hanging with us

Being an audio newbie, I come here because I can learn about concepts, repair, techniques and other things my ever-inquisitive mind looks for without being dismissed as a "N00b". The people here are willing to share knowledge and experience, and patiently field dumb questions. There is also a...
  14. Vulture

Another re-foaming thread...

I'm impressed with the kits that MidWest Speaker Repair sells. Had fantastic results with the kit I got for the Advent Legacy's I tackled as my first refoam job. The instructions were clear with plenty of info, the kit contained the correct dust cap for the application, AND it had those...
  15. Vulture

I cut the cable TV out of my monthly wallet hemorrhage, never being home to watch it. Ironically, I spend more time watching surfing Netflix now than I ever did with 200+ mostly-useless channels. I do miss being able to catch the local news news and weather though. I'd like to get an HDTV...
  16. Vulture

Oddball bootleg LP find, stumped by B side.

Just for giggles, I tried it. The frequency of the tone changed, but it's still just a tone. Sorry!:D
  17. Vulture

Oddball bootleg LP find, stumped by B side.

On my last GW record bin scavenge hunt, I stumbled across a completely unlabeled LP in a yellow "Cathedral Records" sleeve. Someone had hand-written "C-rep" on the sleeve, with a very old string-tape label with a faded matching "C-rep" on one side center label. I've stumbled across a test...
  18. Vulture

Car Audio: Is it possible to amp stock head unit?

OK, hadn't thought of that.
  19. Vulture

0.5ohm?!? Why would they even do such a thing?
  20. Vulture

A bit lost on that one. Oh wait, your talking about the aforementioned speaker to line-level converter? Indeed. The electrons have to be licensed from Bose for it to work properly. :D Original fuzzy logic was using the line-level output from the back of the head unit (of assumed existence)...
  21. Vulture

The general on-bench time of any electronic shenanigan-esque project ranges from 6 months to a year, AFTER the holding queue in my Closet-'O-Holding. :sigh: W*rk keeps interfering with work! I'd end up having someone else do it for that reason; plus without a schematic I'm lost. With a schematic...
  22. Vulture

De-amp to re-amp again? :headscrat: That seems....:screwy: It seems wrong to add a box to connect another box. Could be the moonshine talking though. I shall galump over to Crutchfield to see if they still offer something like that. Thanks!
  23. Vulture

Couldn't decide if this should be in General Audio or W,W,M&W, so forgiveness requested if I've angered the forum gods. I've noticed power starvation symptoms in my mostly stock audio system in my 2001 Jimmy. Mainly due to the aftermarket Pioneer speaker replacements in the front doors and...
  24. Vulture

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

In regards to #7 and #12, THANK YOU. Totally agree! I unplug my coffee maker, any recently acquired electronics, and anything with an upscaling high-voltage transformer. I also distrust the stove, and triple-check for flammable objects left on the burners before leaving the house. I also...
  25. Vulture

Recommendations for album glue?

I hadn't thought of this. Not a bad idea. I have terrible luck with hot glue as well. I both both a low-temp and high-temp setup TRYING to get the rubber trim rings to attach to the Philips speakers I was rebuilding at the time. I gave after four attempts of replacing the factory hot glue, the...
Back
Top Bottom