Search results

1. SoundsAlike

Should i take a risk on this ebay turntable?

Imo, a fine condition perfect running SR-838 is worth $400-$600. Missing feet and having other issues ain’t worth the $350. You did well passing on this one.
  2. SoundsAlike

Good price for Thiel CS5 speakers in good condition?

They were $9,200 a pair in 1990…. For $200, that’s a steal. But much smaller speakers and a decent subwoofer would probably better them today.
  3. SoundsAlike

Cartridge recommendation for SL-10 - New to T4P

I've owned several of these SL-10 tables. You used to be able to buy them inexpensively, even fitted with a 310MC. They're not very difficult to refurbish into functioning again. I've owned and listened to the 310MC, other MC P-mount carts, and entry level cartridges for several years. I...
  4. SoundsAlike

Soft dome tweeter - dome lost its coating

If the dome is rusted away I'd say the driver isn't repairable. If all the stuff can be cleaned off, I would think a silicone based glue or a clear silicone based paint would be worth a shot. Elmer's and water isn't expensive and it's easy to remove as well if you're going to experiment. A...
  5. SoundsAlike

KEF owners thread

HSU subs are great value on the used market. I have a VTF-3 MK 2 downward firing sub that fills a 20' x 15' room with nice controlled bass.
  6. SoundsAlike

Warning about shipping turntables

Thanks for taking the time to record the images of how well they packed that turntable. Stuff like this can help people improve their techniques when they have to move or when they want to sell their turntable. I love the clever use of cardboard tape rolls.
  7. SoundsAlike

KEF owners thread

I lucked into a pair of 105/2 that I had for awhile. Which to me sounded alright for the time, but I let them go on to a new home after other speakers I wanted came up for sale.
  8. SoundsAlike

KEF owners thread

Just picked them up yesterday and a pair of Reference Two, a floor standing 3-way 4 driver loudspeaker, from the same 1990s period.
  9. SoundsAlike

KEF owners thread

Hold on to them for awhile, rotate them into service and rotate other speakers out of service. More pics coming soon. They're not BNIB, they were in use for several years by an audiophile and moved multiple times across the country, but still in nice shape. In rosewood veneer.
  10. SoundsAlike

Stumbled upon some LS3/5a KEF special edition monitors

From their description: I did not want to lose their beautifully balanced, let-out-my-breath, forget-about-audio just-rightness. In my opinion this speaker system should be called just-rightness.
  11. SoundsAlike

KEF owners thread

12. SoundsAlike

Only pics I have for now..
  13. SoundsAlike

What the best KEF design you've experienced? And does anybody beat it?
  14. SoundsAlike

I'll think I'll hold on to these for awhile. Tiny speakers that sound this good, friendly with amplifier choice, and have several decades of good reputation across multiple manufacturers is pretty remarkable. Have you ever had a pair? I'm thinking these might unseat some of my much larger...
  15. SoundsAlike

Simply stunning sounding little speakers. The hype over them and the other licensed productions is real and deserved. So far they have produced goosebump inducing music in my den playing everything from classic soul, bluegrass, jazz, and classical music recorded on period instruments. Woodwind...
  16. SoundsAlike

Deal of the month in NC. Who got it??

I can neither confirm or deny I did it.
  17. SoundsAlike

Goodwill Auctions: are people nuts?

Average doesn't mean that the bulk of workers are earning $11.73/hr which is still not enough to live independently especially if you have a disability that limits the number of hours you can work each week
  18. SoundsAlike

Goodwill Auctions: are people nuts?

I disagree with the statement that GoodWill gives disabled people the opportunity to be independent and product member sof society. How can you gain independence and be a productive member of society if you're collecting disability payments while earning under between $0.25-$4 an hour? NBC...
  19. SoundsAlike

ATTN: Milwaukee area folks - KEF 105's for CHEEEEP!

they're are better speakers out there folks, especially for around $300-$600
  20. SoundsAlike

Whats the going price for Infinity RSIIIB Speakers?

$200 tops IMO.. they're just not highly collectible/valued but they're good speakers for the money
  21. SoundsAlike

Please help me determine the value of Kenwood KD-500 turntable

I have owned half a dozen of these. They're worth about $500, maybe as high as $900 for a pristine one. Pristine ones don't really exist. The faux-marble material tends to change color from white to sepia over time and the dust covers are prone to breaking. IDing the tonearm would be...
  22. SoundsAlike

Need advice on what to buy at Best Buy

A camera lens to resell in exchange for cash. Something like a Canon 85mm 1.8
  23. SoundsAlike

What makes speakers just disappear?

Alcohol consumption and ego
  24. SoundsAlike

I somehow just broke my KD-5077

I’d be inclined to believe if you linked to the manual or take a screenshot because the two Technics manuals I have (SL-1200mk2 and SL-10) do not mention it from what I can find Edit — and while I don’t necessarily research this but I have never heard of person breaking their turntable by...
Back
Top Bottom