Search results

1. Z

Sherwood S-5500 Power Transformer

Wow, you have the schematic for the S-5500. I searched, but only came up with the 7868 Version S-5500 II. Maybe you can post the rest of the schematic, that would be a great help for the restoration.
  2. Z

Sorry for the typo - Not 350V - but 450V B+
  3. Z

Thanks for the fast reply. So there will be a B+ of about 350V after the voltage doubler ?
  4. Z

Hi, I got a S-5500 with 7591 tubes - Serial K12845. Its a 230v model the transformer has a print with 230 -115v 50~, 2 B922K1-7x , A9496107. All the leads are brittle and from the looks there must have happened a catastrophic short. The OPT's luckily survived and I'm thinking about putting a...
  5. Z

h/k 505

In the beginning of the 80s I had a job in a Hifi-shop. The Harman salesguy came in and told us they found 20 unsold amps of an old series in their inventory - "they are good sounding, developed by the famous Mr. Ottala, but ugly beasts and never a big success in sales". He had a sample in the...
  6. Z

Tube Testers???

If you just want to know if the tubes are ok, have a look at one of the Sencore Mighty Mites e.g. a TC-136. They are small, easy to set-up and cover all the "newer" tubes for pre-/poweramps. I had one for two years and it was really good at weeding out the bad tubes. You can see all the tubes...
  7. Z

Schematic Links, Tube retail links, local tube testers

- for the Europeans Hickok 750,6000A,539c Marconi Mu-101 TV-7D/U B&K 707,747 Berlin, Germany Stefan
  8. Z

Tube Testers???

A tester like the TC-2 will give you not much more than a working / not working info about yout tubes. It get´s a bit better with the emission testers from sencore like a TC-28 or the EICO´s. If you want to know a bit more about your tubes look for a "mutual conductance" tester like a Hickok...
  9. Z

Fisher 400/500/800 Receivers with 220V

Please excuse my poor english, "restless night" might have been a bit misleading - I tried to express a somewhat scary experience, "nightmare" might be a better word. ;)
  10. Z

A big THANK YOU to everyone. I´ll start hunting for the "TX" Fishers right away. By the way, I had a bit of a restless night dreaming about Hillary chasing me with two cans of deoxit in her top... can´t wait what my shrink will say! ;)
  11. Z

A while ago I fell in love with the sound of a friends 500C. I was surprised to see it plugged directly into 220V. The lettering on the chassis says 110V operation, but the transformer has two 110V "windings" (I hope this is the correct english term) which are linked for 220V operation...
  12. Z

Help me complete this list: Int amps over 100wpc

The NAD 200 started earlier than 1978, the German Hifi Fidelity Jahrbuch 8 (released August 76) already lists this amp. I don´t have the number 7 bok, so I can't verify if the 200 was already on the market in 75. Anyway, my 200 looks like it left the factory just a few months ago :D ...
  13. Z

Opinion- Vinyl and CD

Just listened to The Doors- "Riders on a storm" - I have an old, but well kept LP and a CD from 85. OK - the vinyl has a bit wider soundstage and slightly better dynamic range, but if you try to blank out the noisefloor, the sound is not worlds apart. Two years ago, I had the chance to listen...
  14. Z

New Pioneer Link

Thanks for the link - my wife has proof now, that I`m only a small-scale collector... Vielen Dank für den den Link. Die Gattin sieht meine bescheidene Sammlung nun mit deutlich gnädigeren Augen...
  15. Z

How many speakers do you own?

"she" says to many, but... ESS AMT-1B ESS Tempest LAB1 B&W 802 Matrix3 B&W ASW 1000 Sub Magneplanar 1.6 Heco 2000K Active Braun L420 Braun LE1 Quad ESL 57 (momentarily hidden...) Looking for a Sub that is "fast enough" for the Maggies.
  16. Z

The worst remake/cover of a song

Xaviera Hollanders version of "Michelle" should have earned her 10 years in a very remote prison. ...and for all the Deep Purple Fans - hold your breath and listen to Senor Coconut: http://www.multicolor-recordings.de/senorcoconut/sound/smoke/mcr124_0_smoke_s.htm
  17. Z

Euro speaker plugs

I had a big Canton 600 speaker selector with 20 pairs of these DIN Connectors, they call them "pig noses" here in Germany. Have a lot of them in the big "spare" box, which means I´ll probably will never ever put them to use. So if you still need them, post me your address and I´ll send you 4...
  18. Z

So How Large Is Your Collection?

LPs 700 - Singles 400 (mostly 60s & 70s) CDs 600 The vinyl has not left the covers for over a year, but I hope Santa will bring a new "old" TT. zulualpha
  19. Z

AU-D9 on ebay

Hi B/F The shipping costs are definitely outrageous. I had a Tektronix scope sent to my company a few weeks ago. It came from Seattle and shipping was 95$ for a weight of 12lb. Think about the weight of an AU-X1 and ... forget about shipping it. Did you buy german Hi-fi magazines from...
  20. Z

Sansui database - Update

A splendid list - here the s/n´s of my Sansuis TU-X1 1210040070 AU-X1 1220050138 both sold in Germany about 1979/80 zulualpha
  21. Z

AU-D9 on ebay

Thanks BeatleFred, read your message this morning and had the AU-X1 up real loud - for breakfst. Think I´m waiting for another D9, as the seller seems not to be very "responsive". It´s a pity that the 70s Sansuis are so rare here in Germany. Have a nice weekend zulualpha
  22. Z

NOS bonanza!

Hi Paul, the bulbs in my hk 130 are screw base have a nice weekend zulualpha
  23. Z

AU-D9 on ebay

I found this: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3367563215&category=23335 Talked to the guy and from what he says it looks like power supply+Transformer are o.k. The drivers -(hope this is the right word) -and power transistors are probably gone. Are they hard to find...
  24. Z

NOS bonanza!

Congratulations Paul!!! If you happen to find some 2V / 60mA Bulbs, please let me know... Have fun with all that stuff! zulualpha
Back
Top Bottom