Search results

1. OscarEmmy

FM signal distortion mystery - I am stumped!

I have a problem with an LXI (Sanyo) 562 receiver (75w per channel) that only affects FM. 1) It works flawlessly on AM, Phono, AUX at any listening level up to full volume. 2) On FM and FM MPX it only works well up to about a 1/4 turn of the control. Beyond this level, loud distortion...
  2. OscarEmmy

Yamaha K-1020 looking for suggestions on assist motor issue

When playing a tape, mainly it plays perfectly, but intermittently the assist motor kicks in a few times and there is a transient gap in the music. It seems to get worse toward the end of the tape, which makes me wonder if it's not a back tension issue? I have the service manual on pdf, and it...
  3. OscarEmmy

SONY PS-X6 Tonearm Rewire Advice?

Just bought a nice PS-X6 off Craigslist. The seller told me he could get no sound from it. After a little disassembly of the unit I find that the tonearm wires have been severed (pulled) from the base of the arm - so a rewire is necessary. The TT works well other than that, and is great...
  4. OscarEmmy

QRX-7500 No Sound (moved thread)

I have a QRX-7500, but someone has removed the top fuses F05 and F04. I get no click from the relay. I have followed testing suggestions posted elsewhere by Livin4 regarding the 2 remaining fuses (01, 07) - and get 7.52v and 7.43v AC for fuse 01 (lights) and 28.63v on both ends of fuse 07. The...
  5. OscarEmmy

Pioneer RT-909 FWD/REV head mute switch?

Today I bought a mint-looking RT-909 from a yard sale; it works beautifully in reverse, but in forward play I can hear all four tracks (that is, both the forward track and the reverse track, which is of course playing backward!). Does the RT 909 deck have any kind of head mute switch that...
  6. OscarEmmy

Turntable motor is warm, starts to turn then stops

Just bought a Sony PS-5520 non-working deck. There isn't a belt fitted yet. The drive motor should turn when set to manual play, but other than a quarter spin, the motor turns no further. Turning the pulley by hand it is obviously not seized in the motor bearings. I noticed how warm the motor...
  7. OscarEmmy

DUAL 1229 Motor wiring 110/120v

STUPIDLY I didn't write down the wire connections when I took out my Dual 1229 motor. Does anyone have a photo they can post of the wiring connections from the motor to the power block on the 110/120v version of this motor? My motor has yellow, green, white, and black wires. Plus there are two...
  8. OscarEmmy

Can you identify these?

Can anyone help identify these speakers? I don't have them, but could buy them with a SONY STR-6045 receiver, if they are worth owning.
  9. OscarEmmy

Teac to-122a

Can anyone help with some advice here, please? I have a TEAC TO-122A tone oscillator, but have no idea how to use it! I have a TEAC C-1 and a TEAC C-3RX and want to use the TO-122A to fine tune bias and record levels on these two decks. How I am supposed to connect the TO-122A to these...
  10. OscarEmmy

Looking for a good Pioneer cassette repair/restoration tech in the IN/OH/KY region

Got the Phase Linear 7000 Series Two (aka Pioneer CT-A1) cassette deck working pretty well now, having fitted new belts, and given it a good cleaning - it's running very sweetly with Maxell XLII especially. However, there is a slight imbalance in L/R record levels, and the U-scan BLE system only...
  11. OscarEmmy

How do I program Auto BLE (Microscan) on Phase Linear 7000 Series Two

Not sure if my deck has a fault or not, as I have no operator manual for the Phase Linear 7000 Series Two (and cannot find one online). When I insert a tape, then push microscan (same as Auto BLE) button, the deck starts setting firstly Bias, then Level and EQ. When it finishes this...
  12. OscarEmmy

Interconnect (rewire) for Thorens TD160 noise problem

I have a stock Thorens TD160, with Nagatron 185E cartridge on a TP16 tonearm. I was experiencing a lower level signal in the right channel, and found a fault within the old phono plug from the turntable. I removed the old interconnect cable and soldered in a much more hefty screened cable (AR...
  13. OscarEmmy

G-22000 has just arrived!

Long awaited, my G-22000 just arrived.:banana: Unused for about 15 years, it sat gathering (a lot of) dust in a workshop/barn in California...it just has two nicks in the facia edge, but is otherwise perfect cosmetically and...after a little contact cleaner to the volume pot (and a thorough...
  14. OscarEmmy

Solved! Denon DCD-1500 II disc not reading

Hi, thought I'd share my experience of resolving an issue with this fine player - and also ask for a possible source of a simple looking part. I bought the DCD 1500 II from a thrift store for $25. I later bought the remote from the auction site. The player was a fussy one - I couldn't predict...
  15. OscarEmmy

Yamaha K-1000 series K-1020 buttons - source?

My K-1020 is fully functional and near mint, other than two missing button tops - the Mute/Search and the Record/Pause buttons - there is no printing on the button tops on this model (the printing is on the fascia). Does anyone know a possible source (other than the auction sites) for these...
  16. OscarEmmy

Headphone socket distortion, but main output is perfect...any ideas?

My 'new' Yamaha K-1020 is a wonderful, wonderful deck, but has one flaw - the headphone output is distorted at any output level. The deck plays beautifully through the line out into my Yamaha CA-1000/stacked Advents, so its only the headphone output. It's not the phones - Sennheiser HD-450 -...
  17. OscarEmmy

Belts for Carver SD/A-360 CD Player

Hi, Does anyone have a service manual to look up the part numbers for the belt(s) used in this CD Player? MCM Electronics can supply CD belts pretty cheaply, but I need the part numbers. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks!
  18. OscarEmmy

Restoring Yamaha K-1020 - nice deck!

Thrift find for $30 but belts melted. Reading about this deck I realize it has many fans...3-head, three motor dual capstan, onboard Dolby B, C and DBX, great wow and flutter figures and excellent frequency response which matches my wonderful TEAC C-1! Removal of motor unit is a breeze, with...
  19. OscarEmmy

Nagatron 185E = Superb

My recently acquired Thorens TD-160 came with a Nagatron 185E. I'd never heard of it, and was dubious about it's quality until today. I just finished adjusting the suspension to achieve a straight, long bounce (previously owned Linn LP12 and my second TT is an Ariston RD11s, so bouncy...
  20. OscarEmmy

SONY TC-880-2 Crazy Money

$13,000 for a 'mint' in box Sony tape deck? puh-leaaase! LOL You'd have to be nuts to pay that. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280625758658&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123#ht_543wt_1139
  21. OscarEmmy

Phase Linear 7000 Series Two

My new baby...great condition, but drive motor reluctant to spin (this deck had been unused for a long time...wonder if it's just likely to need a clean of the brushes, etc...but hesitant to take that on - this is a beast to get into). Still, very pleased to have the chance to restore it. Anyone...
  22. OscarEmmy

DUAL VTA Headshell Repair

Usual problem - DUAL 1228 headshell, careless installation of cartridge led to breaking the small camshaft that the 'M' and 'S' thumbwheel turns to alter the VTA of the cartridge. I know Bohhey said he would post a thread about how to repair the headshell, but I haven't found anything so far, in...
  23. OscarEmmy

RTR causes of high frequency loss?

Have recently set up my Sony TC 765 4 track using a NCH software-based signal generator for record head alignment. This has resulted in spot-on head alignment (playback head was aligned to a tape made on my correctly aligned TEAC A-4070). There is zero detectable crosstalk, and overall the deck...
  24. OscarEmmy

Harmon Kardon HK670 receiver worth restoring?

Thrift find yesterday for $14 in near mint cosmetic condition, Harman Kardon HK670 receiver - only right channel working. Have cleaned switches but still left channel is kaput. Is this receiver worth getting fixed? I use a Yamaha CA-1000 now, which is a nice amp, but I am not sure if the...
  25. OscarEmmy

Project/One DR-331 tight platter problem

I found a Project/One DR-331 in a thrift for under $10 in excellent condition, just a melted belt that had gummed up the auto-eject system. A good cleaning with isopropyl did the trick nicely, but getting the platter off to do this was unusually hard - required a sharp tap downward with a...
Back
Top Bottom