Search results

1. Golanr

Acoustic Research M4.5 Owners/ Service Manual

I agree, I have a pair of 4.5 and they sound amazing. I see only one capacitor at the bottom of the box. Is there another crossover somewhere else?
  2. Golanr

Technics SL-M1 Dust Cover

Did you get one eventually, and if so, where from?
  3. Golanr

Project: Sansui G9000

@Super Noob What was your method for cleaning the knobs?
  4. Golanr

Acoustic Research M4.5

I’ve always been a fan of the Marantz 2275 Receivers and KEF 104aB speakers. I have 2 such sets, both fully recapped by me. Then I got the 9000DB and matched it with KEF 105 and later 105.2 (again all fully recapped). I enjoyed both 105 models deep bass, together with the clarity offered by the...
  5. Golanr

Acoustic Research M4.5

Was always a fan of the Marantz 2275 Receivers and KEF 104aB speakers. I have 2 such sets, both fully recapped by me . Then I got the 9000DB and matched it with KEF 105 and later 105.2 (again all fully recapped). I enjoyed both 105 models deep bass, together with the clarity offered by the...
  6. Golanr

Marantz 2275 Restoration

That's what I used too!
  7. Golanr

Marantz 2275 Restoration

I made exactly the same mistake with the same filter caps :) https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-2275-recap-more.815900/page-2
  8. Golanr

Marantz 6300 speed issue

@LuisNiels Did you replace the faulty resistor and checked the capacitors?
  9. Golanr

Rebuilding KEF Reference 105.2

Between the very cheap cost of the speakers and fixing them, it was a great deal :)
  10. Golanr

Rebuilding KEF Reference 105.2

Hello everyone. I had the opportunity to buy a pair of 105.2, SP1118 S/N 1921A and 1921B. The seller mentioned that the voice quality is not good and I figured the issue was with the old caps, so I ordered a new set from Falcon Acoustics and replaced them even prior to connecting them to my...
  11. Golanr

Marantz 6300 speed issue

Yes. They are too long and wide. Some cutting and filing was needed...
  12. Golanr

C-4 Burning Fuses

Sorry, been busy with the Marantz 6300. Thought I will finish it earlier, bu apparently was ahead of myself. I promise that When I get to it, to keep updating. I also don't like to leave open threads with no resolution.
  13. Golanr

Marantz 6300 up and down too fast. Where to apply damping fluid?

Can you please advise on the specific damping fluid did you use?
  14. Golanr

Marantz 6300 speed issue

Forgot to show photos of the new Pots. kmp14, It was real easy, Just as Echoplex explained! :) Before & After
  15. Golanr

Marantz 6300 speed issue

After Recap and adjustments, speed is perfect. Thank you all! Installed the small WIMA caps again. Now to the part I dreaded the most, taking everything apart and re-veneering the 6300. I'll post updates and photos as I make progress. Got some work travel this week, so it'll be slow. But...
  16. Golanr

2230 recapped but right channel struggles when cold

Not sure about the 2230 but the 2275 has two pre drivers on each board (H701/H702) which must be kept at the same temp for ideal performance. Not sure if the 2230 have the same thing? Also try to deoxit your bias pots as well.
  17. Golanr

C-4 Burning Fuses

Thank you! I'll open, take a photo and report back
  18. Golanr

C-4 Burning Fuses

After recapping and replacing many transistors, diodes and relays on Sansui G-9000 and Marantz 2275, I feel comfortable enough to tackle the C-4. It worked fine and then it started burning fuses immediately on turn on. I read http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/yamaha-c-4-help.361407/...
  19. Golanr

Tantalum Capacitor in old McIntosh

Ben, what would you put instead of a tantalum in a power supply? (like in the Marantz 6300)
  20. Golanr

Marantz 6300 speed issue

Yes, I was thinking going this way, with a good low ESR cap, but then I read this https://www.electronicsweekly.com/news/now-alternative-solid-tantalum-capacitors-2017-03/ Which I found very interesting. So I’m still contemplating. Space is not a concern for me. I just want to make sure I get...
  21. Golanr

Marantz 6300 speed issue

These are your two options on Mouser: PDB181-E415K-102B for 1Kohm PDB181-E420K-502B for 5kohm You could look for 25 turn pots, but you'll need to fabricate something to connect the knurled knobs to them.
  22. Golanr

Marantz 6300 speed issue

Thanks! @Echoplex I figured the motor pots, they are clean now and ready to be adjusted. Ok, I thought I need to remove the whole top plate. You suggest to come from the bottom. I’ll try that, though I still think that I may need to remove it, for the re-veneer.
  23. Golanr

Marantz 6300 speed issue

Thanks Balifly I need to remove the top cover anyway, for the re-veneering part. So while I'm in, I'll replace them.
  24. Golanr

Marantz 6300 speed issue

Looks very nice! I think I read your story a week ago on this or another forum.
  25. Golanr

Marantz 6300 speed issue

Thank you @kmp14 . Yes, I did read this one. Pretty frustrating, because he never followed through...I also read @Echoplex thread on his rebuild. It was a great reference. The 45 is now perfect, but the pitch control is turned all the way, so it does not give me any flex, the 33 is still not...
Back
Top Bottom