Search results

1. Golanr

Acoustic Research M4.5

I’ve always been a fan of the Marantz 2275 Receivers and KEF 104aB speakers. I have 2 such sets, both fully recapped by me. Then I got the 9000DB and matched it with KEF 105 and later 105.2 (again all fully recapped). I enjoyed both 105 models deep bass, together with the clarity offered by the...
  2. Golanr

Acoustic Research M4.5

Was always a fan of the Marantz 2275 Receivers and KEF 104aB speakers. I have 2 such sets, both fully recapped by me . Then I got the 9000DB and matched it with KEF 105 and later 105.2 (again all fully recapped). I enjoyed both 105 models deep bass, together with the clarity offered by the...
  3. Golanr

Rebuilding KEF Reference 105.2

Hello everyone. I had the opportunity to buy a pair of 105.2, SP1118 S/N 1921A and 1921B. The seller mentioned that the voice quality is not good and I figured the issue was with the old caps, so I ordered a new set from Falcon Acoustics and replaced them even prior to connecting them to my...
  4. Golanr

C-4 Burning Fuses

After recapping and replacing many transistors, diodes and relays on Sansui G-9000 and Marantz 2275, I feel comfortable enough to tackle the C-4. It worked fine and then it started burning fuses immediately on turn on. I read http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/yamaha-c-4-help.361407/...
  5. Golanr

Marantz 6300 speed issue

Hello, I bought this TT 3-4 years ago and never got around to testing it. After recapping few amps, I decided to check the 6300 with the hope of restoring the electronics and mechanics, as well as re-veneer the wood. First thing I did was to turn it on and test the speed and auto stop. The...
  6. Golanr

Marantz 6300 Rectifier

I'm recapping the power supply board on my 6300. Also replacing the Diodes and transistors. There are two diodes (looks like the rectifier) that I can't find any replacement for. They are: H801 - CO8P2N and H802 - CO8P2R Can anyone Help with suggestions? Thanks you
  7. Golanr

Marantz 2275 Recap & more

A few weeks ago I completed a recap (and much more) of a Sansui G-9000DB, following an issue with the left Channel. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/g-9000db-distorted-sound-on-left-channel.810653/ I've decided that it's time for a recap of my 2275. I plan on documenting this...
  8. Golanr

G-9000DB Distorted sound on left channel (Solved)

I have this receiver for 6 years now and had no issues with it. Last week the left channel started sounding distorted, even on headphones only, which means this is happening prior to the amplifier side of the house. It starts getting distorted after 10-20 seconds. I did notice that without...
  9. Golanr

KEF C80 Bass issue

Hi everyone, I have recently purchased a pair of KEF C80 in great shape. They sound very nice and open but lack in the Bass section. I am using a Sony CD player and Technics SL-MA1 turntable with Shure M105E cart, Yamaha C-4 Pre Amp, 2 X bridged mono Rotel RB-870BX Power amps (300w each at...
Back
Top Bottom