Search results

1. jameselmer66

Denon DCM 555(ii)

I know I am ressurrecting this ancient, archived thread. But one of these DCM 555 changers showed up on my local CL in good working order. But seeing it's not two in good working order I'll leave it alone. But I have to say this has been an entertaining thread. Comical....
  2. jameselmer66

I was wrong - Denon DRA-635R

I got a DRA-635r in a trade deal. We were trading speakers and the Denon was thrown in at the last minute just because its previous owner didn't like the way it sounded. That was about ten years ago. My brother has been using it for most of that time and it survived a move. Still runs strong...
  3. jameselmer66

JVC VR-5511

If you picked up a VR-5511 then I'm pretty sure those are 15 watts a channel. Bottom line of that series. But they are built like tanks and despite it being the lowest receiver of that series JVC still added pre-outs. They sound much more than what their wattage shows on paper. And yes you have...
  4. jameselmer66

Should I feel guilty for selling White Van speakers?

You obviously didn't read the op's post completely. He said that at the time of selling them, getting them out of the garbage, that he thought they were decent looking speakers. And I agree, the drivers are decent looking to me. But, he did not realize what "white van speakers" were until...
  5. jameselmer66

Vintage Koss pro 4aa specs.....

Thank you
  6. jameselmer66

Yeah, I appreciate the effort but those specs are for the modern Pro 4aa. They don't hold a candle to the vintage. If I remember correctly the vintage 4aa impedance is 32 but the modern 4aa are a whopping 250. So if you don't have a headphone amp or a decent home amp you can't get sound your...
  7. jameselmer66

Thank you
  8. jameselmer66

I've looked everywhere that I know for the spec sheet for '70's built Koss pro 4aa headphones. If anyone might have that info or could point me in the direction to find it. I would appreciate very much. I've acquired a pair and like the sound so far. Pretty darn heavy and clunky but not too...
  9. jameselmer66

What DAC's does my Denon DCM270 CD changer use?

Very true, when I get some extra time I'll look in there and post some pics.
  10. jameselmer66

Thanks DaveVoorhis, I should've included the website in my original post.
  11. jameselmer66

I've acquired a Denon DCM-270 CD changer. I'm curious as to what DAC's it uses. The manual doesn't say. When I sent this question to Denon customer service via email they say the unit is too old for them to have any info on it. When I went to the DAC web site, it says it uses Burr Brown...
  12. jameselmer66

Realistic Lab-440 from Thrift store.

Not to hijack this thread. But, I don't know about the 440 having a repeat selector. But I got a JVC AL-FQ5, Quartz DD that has the repeat option. First table to have one for me. It is an interesting option to have. But, when that option is used where ever I cue and cycle the record to stop, is...
  13. jameselmer66

Any Pinnacle fans out there?

My Monitor 200's I found for a ridiculous low price on CL. Got them home and like you and others have posted sound doesn't equal the looks, in a really good way. I took the grills off and after one look at the tweeter I thought " did I just buy some modern KLH knock off?" But after plugging them...
  14. jameselmer66

Found a Denon DCM-270. Did I score?

I was shopping at my local thrift yesterday and found a Denon DCM-270 CD changer. I pass on changers 98% of the time. But this one caught my eye. After some research I found out it uses the BurrBrown PCM1716E DAC. My receiver is a Denon AVR 2802. This cd changer has the best sound by far of any...
  15. jameselmer66

What I learned on Craigslist

YES!!! I constantly search for "receiver", then I search for "reciever" and many times I get as many items under the misspelled reciever as I do the correct spelled word.
  16. jameselmer66

<$100 Speaker Challenge!

KG4's for $75, geez, I wish. Wouldn't find that price where I live unless all drivers needed reconed and the cab was spray painted hot pink, lol. Anyways, I know this is a old thread but I snagged a pair of Pinnacle 200M speakers for 40 clams. In excellent shape. They are floorstanders but...
  17. jameselmer66

JBL J320 ? Any good?

I realize I'm dredging up an anicient post. I don't even know if this "Gonzo the Great" is still on AK. But anyway, I usually don't let negative off the cuff remarks bother me. But for some reason the comment about the Realistic receiver with the card board bottom really grates on me. I can show...
  18. jameselmer66

Any experience with Harman/Kardon Adapt HD??

I appreciate the replies. I believe I'm going to try the H/K Adapt. I can get it at very economical price. Again, thanks.:thumbsup:
  19. jameselmer66

Panasonic SL-750 alias CD-4 turntable any good??

No I didn't bid. I passed on it. But the table I was looking at had a Pickering cartridge on it. They may have made the strain gauge cart for Panasonic then, I'm not sure.:idea:
  20. jameselmer66

Only problem is, is that I found this table on the Goodwill auction site. So any "history" on this particular table is all but lost. It's looks to be an older Pickering cart. With a little "mustache" brush hooked to it. Lol, that's what I call them anyway. So I have no idea if this table has...
  21. jameselmer66

To say the least.....sounds complicated and expensive. Not that I don't like a challenge every now and then but I think I'll let this one pass.
  22. jameselmer66

I figured it was something along those lines. I'm assuming to be paired with the quad style receivers of the day. Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly is a "strain gauge cartridge"? Is there an after market cartridge that fits that description? Thanks for the reply and info.
  23. jameselmer66

Hello, I came across this turntable and it intrigue's me. Seems to be solidly built with a decent looking Pickering cart and stylus. I've heard it's a stackable TT but yet the one I'm looking at only has a single spindle. So I can't find any info on this TT other than it may have a 4 channel...
  24. jameselmer66

Any experience with Harman/Kardon Adapt HD??

I'm not afraid to admit I'm heading into unknown territory as far as Bluetooth streaming is concerned. So my question is would a Harman/Kardon Adapt be a good device to use to stream Spotify or Amazon Prime music? My receiver is a vintage Sanyo 2050 circa 1978. Is there possibly an AK'er out...
Back
Top Bottom