Search results

1. dc270

Technics SB-7000A

The odd size woofer foams...…….being metric
  2. dc270

Show us your DIY speaker projects!

Thanks for looking in. I studied the Segovia pretty closely and added where I thought I could. Those 3 drivers were made to fit together, a lot of synergy between all of them. Everyone that has blind folded listened to them (up on 10" stands) commented on how large they sounded and transparent...
  3. dc270

3 way speakers with a 30 watt per channel receiver?

I think a a little Klipsch 8" subwoofer with a couple NHT Super Zeros would be a nice setup! DC
  4. dc270

How to rate and audition speakers when you don't have them

Well I guess If I have heard some two ways and maybe some decent 3 ways I might have and idea what I am looking for, but then again describing the color redish green to a color blind person might not mean so much...………...good luck. FWIW I like some of the advise that is poling through! DC
  5. dc270

Rotel speakers?

Those look interesting, do they sound good? The last set of Rotel I remember seeing had an arrangement of 5, 5" woofers in a "star" pattern for the bass section. They were well liked. Rotel has a good reputation so I would say they probably sounded good. DC
  6. dc270

Can anyone help identify this 15" Woofer?

I have seen early CV that looked similar to these as well! CTS maybe? DC
  7. dc270

What Aluminum Domes to Replace the EPOS ED12?

Seas made some very nice dome tweeters for sure! The one I remember best is the Morel MDT 40! I replaced the tweeter and caps in my Marantz LD 30 Monitors and they sound incredible. In this case I would like to stay with the aluminum to closer match the factory. DC
  8. dc270

What Aluminum Domes to Replace the EPOS ED12?

I think these are 25mm types.Epos does not sell replacements. I have thought about Morel types like maybe MD 40's!. or even Focals! The xovers are -6dv/oct. DC Mfg. spec sheet: https://www.epos-loudspeakers.com/archive-download/Epos-ES12.pdf
  9. dc270

Need some floor-standing speaker recommendations for tube gear!

I agree with the JBL 590's meeting all your check boxes! If you can sample those by all means do so. The T3's Time Windows is a good vintage pick too. DC
  10. dc270

Show us your DIY speaker projects!

Just got done with a 1.8 cu ft. sealed box using an Alyec Segovia 874a woofer, 435" Aluminum cone mid and a Fountek ribbon twtr, hook up with a full -12db/oct 400/4200 xover. They sound pretty darn good! Respective that most music is not mixed below 50hz on the low end these babies get it done...
  11. dc270

JBL 4411 A Studio Monitors, A Good Choice?

<y project is completed! Got the 127H-1 woofers rebuilt,, touched up the cabs, , tested the out and they sound really nice. Having a guy from Austin driving up tomorrow to take them home! How did yours end up sounding? I take it yours were 4410's and not the "A" model like mine are. The 4410A's...
  12. dc270

Yamaha NS-690 Frozen voice coil (Shifted Magnet)

Simply Speakers got me out of my jamb! Re-aligned my 15" Pioneer to like new! DC
  13. dc270

Slip On Connectors Do Not Age Well

I slip them on the crimp them to make sure. Some folks even solder them. A bit of DeOxit Gold shot on them can help too. DC
  14. dc270

My Teenager fried my New Large Advents - What now?

See how much of the liquor got watered down then send the woofers out for a recone and charge the parties the appropriate amount! Also check the tweeters to make sure the still work properly. You atr lucky your receiver made it through!
  15. dc270

Want To Take A Guess

I like the internal brace work and lots of screws being used! They have a lot of potential for maybe a 10" 3 way or dual 8" if the bass driver was relocated to the bottom. DC.
  16. dc270

Just how much power can my Advent speakers take?

Respective of the fact any amplifier can poop out at any point on the volume dial, depending on the speakers used, it should be the responsibility of that owner to know when that amp reaches its excess distortion/ thermal point with what speaker being paired to it. I can pretty well listen to an...
  17. dc270

What caps did you replace? DC
  18. dc270

Philips FB815, 3 way 8" Import

OH MY, have never seen those! They look real sleek. Bet they sound spectacular! I would love a set of those 95's for sure. DC
  19. dc270

I AM a big fan of the Marantz line, did not know Marantz made them too! The 825 had a very impressive ribbon tweeter in them. Would love to listen to a pair. Thanks for the nformation. DC
  20. dc270

Thanx Tox, one of my better free deals! It is good to have friends in neat places! Heck it is good just to have friends that are still living! DC
  21. dc270

Here are just the cabs/ grills with the muds and tweeters I got for $100. Another $75 for the woofers that are being rebuilt. DC
  22. dc270

Yes they do indeed! I bet they might have been a direct competitor with them! I like the JBL tweeter and the beefier woofer frames. The FB815's have slimmer rounded edge cabs. The JBL's have a bit better low end, probably with the west coast boom they were known for. These have a real nice...
  23. dc270

The 127 H-1 woofers are another story however! Found a pair off that auction site and all they needed was re-foaming..... ya right! Long sorted story they needed a full rebuild!! Oh well I did the "right" thing and they will be all like new, with original drivers, with fully rebuilt JBL woofer...
  24. dc270

A good friend of mine let me have these to finish re-foaming. They are a nice quality 8" woofers, 4" sealed cup mid and .75" dome tweeter in heavy solid sealed black cabinet. Grill screen included too. The cross overs look pretty sophisticated and not a simple cap and resister affair. I...
  25. dc270

I did end up getting these and am having the woofers rebuilt as I write, for $175 how bad can I go? DC
Back
Top Bottom