Search results

1. leicamaster

Digital Fatigue?

digital source can sound too bright on a lot of older gear -- at least my experience. that ends up being fatiguing.
  2. leicamaster

78 playback

I'm interested in this possibility, but am a bit confused by its execution-- this is my first time doing something like this. Would I plug the 78 turntable into the phono on the bogen then have the tape out from the bogen plugged into a naim input? Would any 8 ohm, 20w resistor work? Would I...
  3. leicamaster

Bogen DB130 Grounding

Dug out a spare TT. It was indeed an issue with the garrard and grounding -- the other tt has no hum. grounded with a screw on the side of the amp.
  4. leicamaster

78 playback

I think the biggest conflict I've faced in the whole 78 endeavor is whether to have it set up as a separate system or to feed it all through my primary Linn/Naim setup. I guess i've opted for the separate route now that I found this tube amp w/ eq.
  5. leicamaster

Bogen DB130 Grounding

What do you mean by shorting it? Sorry, I'm a bit new to this. When I do turn to the phono input without the TT, there is no hum present. The other channels are also clean. The amp had some recapping and work done it before I got it, but I haven't owned an amp this old before.
  6. leicamaster

Bogen DB130 Grounding

seems like it's a turntable issue. I got this garrard free someone. the wiring looks a little shoddy.
  7. leicamaster

Bogen DB130 Grounding

I just got a Bogen DB130. I'm curious about where to connect the ground wire for the turntable when there is no ground for the phono stage. I read at some point in a thread that you just connect it to a metal part of the amp? However, I'm still experiencing hum.
  8. leicamaster

78 playback

Haha I think you're right. My decision right now is mostly about whether to take my chances with the AT vs wait for a Lenco. In the meantime, I can spin them on a cheap Garrard changer I picked up for free on CL.
  9. leicamaster

78 playback

It's an integrated amp! I'm excited. I was thinking of using a Stanton 500 and a 78 stylus from Esoteric Sound. You think the GE might be a better option?
  10. leicamaster

78 playback

I just got a Bogen 130 for a mono set up since it has a record EQ. I'm trying to have a table for 78 playback. Is it worth the trouble of tracking down a Lenco L75 for playback when an AT 120 is available locally for $120? It seems like a lot of collectors I follow online use the AT for 78...
  11. leicamaster

Linn LP12 - Recapped Valhalla, Basik LVX, Grado Gold

Someone local who seems to be an old Linn collector has an 1986 LP12 with a recapped Valhalla and a Basik arm. The recap was done by a linn dealer. Is 1400$ a good deal? I know this isn't the optimal LP12 setup yet, but I'm assuming it would still sound good.
  12. leicamaster

Linn Axis w Akito

Saw it today and it had some suspicious modifications which the owner didn't know much about. Passed
  13. leicamaster

Linn Axis w Akito

Hi everyone, I'm slowly building up a system again. I've been looking for a turntable and found this nearby. Thoughts? I know it's been modified, and was curious if it's a good deal. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/d/san-jose-linn-axis-akito-tonearm-and/7167688107.html
  14. leicamaster

Linn Saras vs Thiel CS 3.5

I ended up with a pair of Linn Kan IIs. My space is limited and the direct on the wall placement is optimal for the space. They have the original stands which I'm happy about. Now to hunt for a Naim amp...
  15. leicamaster

The Saras come with stands. I'm leaning toward them because of size + I have some Thiels already. One more day of deliberating I think.
  16. leicamaster

Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide between two sets of speakers which I'm assuming are different, but I haven't heard either in person. I recently moved cross-country, and had to leave my Thiel CS 1.2s behind at a friend's. I'm trying to get a new set of speakers and am between two listings --...
  17. leicamaster

Digitally-Remastered Vinyl

I've heard some that sound nice, and others that sound atrocious. I generally try to avoid them unless its something really cheap I find at GW.
  18. leicamaster

My 2ch Room

This just torture :drool:
  19. leicamaster

My 2ch Room

So many Criterions :drool: Sir, you have one of the nicest systems, if not the nicest system I've seen on AK.
  20. leicamaster

New Guys Stereo

Spectacular system! The TT and speakers are making me drool.
  21. leicamaster

Thanks for all the help with my Benchmark troubles!

Thanks for all the help with my Benchmark troubles!
  22. leicamaster

adcom

I haven't heard the 535, but most say it is the best Adcom amp.
  23. leicamaster

adcom

I agree with the overkill comment. They are Very efficient speakers. I've heard Forte IIs connected to a 555 and it sounded awful. SS and Klipsch Heritage speakers don't blend well. However, Adcom is a great brand. I power my Thiels with a 5500. :)
  24. leicamaster

Nak BX-1 on CL - Not working?

Hello everyone, I found this while browsing my local craigslist. I am interested, but I'm not sure what might be wrong with it, and if I would be able to fix it myself. Do any of you have any idea what might be wrong? I'm a newbie when it comes to tape, but I've always heard wonders of these...
  25. leicamaster

Weakest link

I would say the speakers, but I'm no expert.
Back
Top Bottom